Community Member

Default Can't access Korthos hard. Why

I've completed Kothos Island on Normal, including Misery Peak, found all 12 places, killed 750 inhabitants, found all 3 rare creatures. The urban area is sunny but the island is still snowy. I can't access Korthos on Hard or Elite as both are still locked. What am I missing?

Community Member

The Wilderness areas re-used the UI for dungeons to allow for public groups, but you can't actually unlock any more difficulties. They're always just Normal. It's annoying that the portal UI shows Hard and Elite for wildernesses, but it's not a bug that you can't unlock them, just a bug that you can see them.

Community Member

Ok, thanks. Been trying all sorts to unlock it on hard, at least now I know it can't be done.

Sorted

Community Member TheNameIwasntB4's Avatar

Default All wilderness and slayer ares act the same

You get the OPEN window for opening on Normal, Hard or Elite, (Korthos, Waterworks Slayer area, Cerulean Hills, plus more and more of them) but you can't.

Just one of those irritants that is a very low priority. Turbine says they are trying to address issues so new players won't be so confused about the game. This has never been on a Known Issues List.
    April 2013 - Manager Meeting - New Forums, WOW!! We just had over 90% new players join!!