Community Member

Default Greater XP Tomes

I had previously purchased the motu expansion, and received and used the greater heroic exp tome that came with it. After searching around a bit and finding no notification that the epic version overwrites the heroic version, I bought and used the greater epic exp tome. There was absolutely no warning in the store of this, or when I used the tome. In fact, on multiple places in the forums it says that they don't overwrite each other. Yet when I did use my new greater epic exp tome, it had removed my greater heroic exp tome. This is confirmed by the conversation I had with a GM about it.

Screenshot 1:
    Screenshot 2:
    Screenshot 3:

Some clarification on this would be wonderful, thanks.

Community Member

Perhaps someone with both pre-orders can create a test alt to level-up and TR in Lam?
    http://myaccount.turbine.com

Je ne suis pas
    DDO Alpha Tester

The Hatchery
    2014 DDO Players Council

The Heroic XP tomes are "removed" on hitting level 20. This "removal" purely consists of the icon getting removed, since the Heroic XP tomes do not affect XP for a character that is level 20 and above.

When you then read an Epic XP tome you get the icon for this tome - as long as you are above level 20. If you TR, the icon will be replaced with the Heroic XP tome again.

You do not lose any XP tomes either from reading a different type (Heroic vs. Epic), but the icon will change depending on which level you are and what kind, if any, you have read.

I agree that it looks suspicious at first glance, but it is my experience that nothing bad has happened.
    It's definitely an N-word.

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by Dandonk View Post
    You do not lose any XP tomes either from reading a different type (Heroic vs. Epic), but the icon will change depending on which level you are and what kind, if any, you have read.

I agree that it looks suspicious at first glance, but it is my experience that nothing bad has happened.
    Odd the GM said pretty much the exact opposite thing, but everyone Ive asked about this other than the GM has pretty much said the same thing. Thanks for the info.

Quote Originally Posted by Dandonk View Post

This is true. I have tested this in my last TR.

Don't worry, OP.
    English is not my native language. Sorry for the mistakes.