Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Community Member

Default Monks Are Speedy Too!

Great guide you've written here.

A small amendment for monks however; in your 'at a glance' table you show them as having no movement speed bonus whilst sneaking. With Ninja Spy, you gain 10% speed boost for each tier, for a total of 20% movement speed boost.

Additionally, I have a feeling that the Monks passive run speed increases of 5% per 3 Monk levels still works whilst sneaking, albeit at a reduced sneaking rate. In a not-very-scientific test, my Monk Ninja Spy 12 / Rogue Assassin 6 / Ranger 2 with 30% striding boots racing a Druid with no striding was able to sneak at almost the same speed as the Druid could run, without having taken any of the Rogue Faster Sneaking Enhancements.

Community Member

Darned double posts!!
    Last edited by gypsythief; 07-07-2013 at 09:36 AM.

Community Member

Darned triple posts!!!

The Hatchery

Right then, things to do:
    -Mention Monk movement speed
    -Projectile collision
    -Tremorsense info
    -Druid/Artie summons

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by Qezuzu View Post
    Someday I'd like to try a full, 6-man party of only stealthy players, but I can't find that many people on my server.
    What server are you on, cause i'd love to be able to do that on my server as well (granted i'm not particularly good at stealth tactics yet, but i will be practicing.)

I play on Sarlona if that helps your 6-man party of stealthy players idea any.

The Hatchery

Quote Originally Posted by CabooseJTS View Post
    What server are you on, cause i'd love to be able to do that on my server as well (granted i'm not particularly good at stealth tactics yet, but i will be practicing.)

I play on Sarlona if that helps your 6-man party of stealthy players idea any.
    Orien ( ._.)

The Hatchery

If you're on Orien:

/joinchannel Sneaky stabstabstab

Shooting at the ground generates noise at that location. This will break invisibility spells on yourself, but you can stand in a spot where you cant be seen and quickly reinvis before the investigating npcs have line of sight to you. When you're bluff pulling an NPC, be aware that if it has a ranged weapon, it might fire at the wall/ground near you causing mobs to come and investigate the noise the projectile made. Drow are particularly annoying at doing this.

A clicky with a non-damaging spell like command on it is a useful backup if you dont have flawless bluff, as this can be used as a fall-back pulling toy.

A non-damaging cloud spell can be put into an area you know a mob is going to spawn in/patrol through.

Oh, you can assassinate breakables if you're too cheap to use noisemakers ^^

Quote Originally Posted by Torc View Post
    We like the fact it’s a choice as suppose to, “hell we just kill yonder dragon cause we’re OP”.
    Quote Originally Posted by Memnir View Post
    I say we take off and nerf the whole game from orbit. It's the only way to be sure.

Community Member Talon_Moonshadow's Avatar

A caution and a note.

Talking to NPCs or interacting with many objects (at least the ones that open an diaglog or selection window)( ...like that Drider Amulet table... grrrr) will knock you out of sneak mode. But you can quickly re-enter sneak and hop eyou did not get seen.

It is possible to enter a quest in sneak mode by re-entering sneak after the window is open.
    Likewise for NPS diaglog windows, you can re-enter sneak after the windo wis opened.. and mak ewhatever selections you wish.... like talking to him to start a fight...you can activate the fight and be in sneak.

It is difficult to post an exact list o fwhich itneractions knock you out of sneak and which do not.

Generally you can pick up items off the floor and stay in sneak.
    You can place items in sockets.
    You can turn puzzle wheels and floor tiles.

Most zoning doorways/portals knock you out of sneak, but those that open a wndow first allow you to re-enter sneak and zone in.

Using doors and levers and opening chests (but not looting an open chest) knock you out of sneak.
    disabling traps does not.

Also, interaacting with most objects does no tcause noise of any sort.
    (in fact the only exceptions I can think of... are for some reason in quests designed to sneak through! ***?!)
    Doors, levers, shrines... etc. can be used in silence. (exceptions include one door I can think of in Claw and the mine control panel in blockade buster.... why?! Why?!)

For some reason, Shrines do no tappear to block line of sight.
    Using a shrine knock syo out o fsneak... after you finish shrining!
    Quote Originally Posted by Jandric View Post
    ..., but I honestly think the solution is to group with less whiny people.

Here' a couple of stealth tid bits you may want to add to the guide:

If you mount a ladder while in stealth mode, you climb at the normal speed and will still be in stealth mode when you reach the top. You can also just jump towards a ladder, hit stealth in mid-flight and land on the ladder in stealth mode. Works well when there is a mob at the top you want to assassinate like in Bargain of Blood.

This also works for water, just hit stealth before you start swimming (or jump up out of the water and hit stealth), you will be stealthed and swimming at your normal speed. Then when you come up on land you will still be in stealth mode. Nice for places like the Vale with Trogs waiting for you by the shore.

The Hatchery

After the enhancement pass, I'll do some videos (probably) of me completing quests, solo, and with the absolute or near-absolute minimum number of kills.

I may also make a new character and do low-level quests, but the main emphasis is the more challenging epic-level quests.

After the enhancement pass, I'll do some videos (probably) of me completing quests, solo, and with the absolute or near-absolute minimum number of kills.

I may also make a new character and do low-level quests, but the main emphasis is the more challenging epic-level quests.
    Can I have a sneak build? I really want to try this R.O.G.U.E thing out.

I have the Drow race if that's optimal? If your sneaking then con matters less, and the 20 int at the start + the charisma for bluff would be helpful right?

Default Keep still when fighting

I have found that if I am fighting a mob around others who have their backs turned, they will not become aware of my presence so long as I keep in the same spot (!!!!). Yes, all that sword banging does not alert them--it is your footsteps or line of sight. This is very useful for kiting large groups.

Another useful assassinate tip: if you bluff an aggroed mob while stealthed, you can assassinate them. Works really well with the Sap feat (which also works superbly with stealth).

Tried stealthing elite Relic of SP with my well-geared level 14 Assassin last night post U19 and I kept getting spotted. The new enhancements, though, are really powerful for assassins (especially the Size up the Foe one which builds up your assissinate dc while stealthing).

Quote Originally Posted by Tenebris-Niatellim View Post
    I have the Drow race if that's optimal? If your sneaking then con matters less, and the 20 int at the start + the charisma for bluff would be helpful right?
    hi, bluff is tricky now--it used to pull mobs, even sleeping ones; now not so much. Drow are great assassins based in Int, Dex to damage (daggers and kukris) and Twf post U19. Flint and the polycurse dagger have just become heroic level must-haves--add the sexy parasitic breastplate and you are in fashion

The Hatchery

Can I have a sneak build? I really want to try this R.O.G.U.E thing out.
    You can sneak well with any Rogue build so long as you get high Hide and Move Silently.

You can sneak well with any Rogue build so long as you get high Hide and Move Silently.
    But to get your level up to access certain stealth quests you need some killing capability to finish the quests that cant be completed with stealth alone. Such as in quests where you have to kill specific targets and or X number of monsters. I guess I'll wait a bit till U19 changes are explored more.

I'm trying out a 6 str, 16 dex, 14 con, 18 int, 8 wis, 8 cha Halfling 28 point int rogue. With the new rogue dex mods for damage and attack I think it'll work out since weapon finesse will allow me to wield weapons other then daggers and still deal damage with my dex mod, while having huge amount of skill points due to int (so high hide and move silently, with trap and spot) and assassinate potential. Unfortunatley I'm only a month experienced in this game so forgive me that I'm not sure what a Rogue Build exactly entails in terms of feats, equipment, and enhancement paths. :P Any specific guidance would be much appreciated. I want to join the ranks of R.O.G.U.E, my experience today stealthing through some of the beginning quests was quite fun (although I failed like 75% of the time).

You just have to be extremely careful with your strength that low. It'll be very easy to get disabled by a single spell, on top of having trouble keeping your encumberence at light. As soon as you hit Medium your max dex bonus to armor caps out at 3 and you lose 5% move speed. At heavy (which won't be difficult to hit with your strength) it'll cap your max dex at 1, and a 12% move speed penalty. As well as -3-6 armor check penalty making it harder to use your rogue skills. I'd highly encourage dropping down to 16 int and grabbing some basic strength for that reason.
    Caisha Stormweaver - Some class split dependent upon TR needs - Argonnessen
    Twitch, YouTube, Builds

The Hatchery

I've recently been leveling up a bardcher, 12brd/6rng/2ftr. At lvl8 now. Stealth capable. With Fascinate, Stealth, and good ranged DPS, I can only imagine she's going to be ridiculously good at soloing, perhaps even better than my rogue.

But to get your level up to access certain stealth quests you need some killing capability to finish the quests that cant be completed with stealth alone. Such as in quests where you have to kill specific targets and or X number of monsters. I guess I'll wait a bit till U19 changes are explored more.

I'm trying out a 6 str, 16 dex, 14 con, 18 int, 8 wis, 8 cha Halfling 28 point int rogue. With the new rogue dex mods for damage and attack I think it'll work out since weapon finesse will allow me to wield weapons other then daggers and still deal damage with my dex mod, while having huge amount of skill points due to int (so high hide and move silently, with trap and spot) and assassinate potential. Unfortunatley I'm only a month experienced in this game so forgive me that I'm not sure what a Rogue Build exactly entails in terms of feats, equipment, and enhancement paths. :P Any specific guidance would be much appreciated. I want to join the ranks of R.O.G.U.E, my experience today stealthing through some of the beginning quests was quite fun (although I failed like 75% of the time).
    You have an alright build there, though I would drop INT to 16 and raise STR just to avoid getting disabled by exhaustion debuffs. You don't need (and shouldn't shoot for) absolute maximum Assassinate DCs on a first life toon.

Feats are straightforward:
    TWF-line
    Toughness (with the new changes, this is debatable)
    Precision
    Imp. Crit: Pierce or Slash
    Combat Expertise: not a feat you see people recommending a lot, but I am a personal advocate. This is very much an end-game feat, though, meant to be paired with Dreadnought Improved Combat Expertise. The extra 20 PRR is essential.

But if you've only played the game for a month, swap Combat Expertise with, uh, something. Maybe skill focus: UMD.

just did it (well, was 6-18-14-18-8-12) and im 9 right now, like they pointed, the encumbrance hurts (also i have tomes) so you won't be able to carry huge ingredients bag for 100 lbs and stuff like that w/o getting encumbered most time, no more worries, just get rage pots and haste pots(rage to reduce the encumbrance, haste to compensate the reduced speed) and you're ok

dps is pretty good, also remember to spend 6 points in acrobat: 2 first cores(dex to hit, dex to damage) and 4 to access the 2nd core(3 on 50% move speed when sneaking is great) because at heroic lvls, for skeles, we (L) sticks!

at lvl 8 i got heal as sla, heals for 100ish so it's pretty nice

my idea while leveling is less than 20 points in halfling, 6 in acrobat, 42 in assassin(40 for cap, 2 for cap), rest mechanic

my feat order:

1 twf
    3 finesse
    6 dragonmarkof healing
    9 itwf
    10 improved evasion
    12 ic piercing(the only slashing weapon are shortswords iirc, ignore em, i use rapiers instead, also crafted a radiance2 rapier)
    13 slippery mind (2nd roll on will save when missing, because u know ur wis will suck)
    15 gtwf
    16 defensive roll
    18 precision (i may take the PL rogue here, not sure, when i hit 18 ill think about that)
    19 whatever, ill prolly take oportunist, can take skill mastery if u prefer, crippling strike sucks

and your ED is shadowdancer
    also, when u hit 20, reallocate points: reduce from halfling(heal sla keeps being a must), 0 in acrobat, 42 in assassin, and 22 in mechanic(20 to hit the tier, and 2 for the 2nd +1 int from there)

this way u'll have all lvl ups in dex + 2 dex from halfling, and
    2 from cap, 2 from mechanic, and 2 from assassin, to mechanic

with that stuff i calculated 55 assassinate dc at 20(which is enough for eh in most quests) and a 40 dex, not great, but not bad, my acrobat had 42 str and never had issues, but my acrobat had cleave and great cleave

atm is doing great the assassin though, im thinking on next life do assassin again and use the LR+20 into a palladin (ofc would be other race instead of halfling rofl)

also: keep in mind i have +4 tomes everything and 20+ lives so maybe is easier for me than for a 1st life(just saying lol)
    psykopeta - hoarding pl, for the sake of hoarding, the day i become ubercompletionist will be because there isn't anything to delay it more - thelanis, where the gimps claim to be pros and noobs claim to be pros, no newbies allowed(unless they claim to be pros), we have enough drama w/o them. PS i'm not a pro, maybe if i reincarnate in RL...

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast