Thread: Bard/Ranger

Community Member

Default Bard/Ranger

Was thinking about making my ranger/bard 14/6. Now I am thinking 12/6/2 for 2 levels in rogue.
    What do you think? Mainly want to use longbow.

You will already get evasion from ranger. So instead of rogue I'd try fighter, maybe even go helf and pick up the rogue dilly.

Quote Originally Posted by grodon9999 View Post
    This game has been such an absurd grind that I’d rather stick my junk in a beehive than make another toon.
    Quote Originally Posted by Teh_Troll View Post
    An expansion . .. with a set of packs for each plane to come out every month or two . . . it'll be like crack to Whitney Houston.

Community Member

Im currently a human on my first play with him and just planning thing out.

I was thinking of going AA/Virtuoso, or AA/WC

Main thing is, what I am looking at, would it be viable for raids and group play. I know solo will be fine.

Build Constructionist unbongwah's Avatar

If you want an AA (who's not a pure rgr), you don't want human; you want elf or HE so you can take the racial AA PrE. Otherwise you'll miss out on the higher-lvl imbues (Slaying Arrows FTW!).

Have a look at this rgr / bard build. It's Tempest, but I think I posted an AA variant in the thread.

Community Member

Good to know. But I am curious if there is a way to make him viable as ranged by being human. I am willing to go fighter for 2 levels or so. But I want to mainly be party support/secondary dps. The main thing is I want to make sure I am viable for end game.

Build Constructionist unbongwah's Avatar

As a mostly-ranger build, you'd already have all the ranged feats free; in particular, Manyshot+Imp Prec Shot gives every rgr great burst DPS. But to get the full benefit from AA, you need access to the higher-lvl imbues.

However, if you really want a bard-based ranged support toon, have a look at my Bardcher thread. Taking more bard lvls will improve your bardsongs and give you access to higher-lvl buffs & heals.