Community Member

Default Breaking Druidic Oath

Is there a way to turn off this message? I can disable it in the chat box, where i can control incomming text types, but the message that appears in the center of my screen has really gotten quite annoying.

Quote Originally Posted by Abilbo View Post
    Is there a way to turn off this message? I can disable it in the chat box, where i can control incomming text types, but the message that appears in the center of my screen has really gotten quite annoying.
    just a tip. try using wooden shields and non metal armor. problem solved. :P

You could follow the oath. After all, you made a promise! You swore!

I don't think there's any way to get rid of it. There are several messages that pop up like that, and they're all annoying. Especially when they interfere with what you're trying to do onscreen at the time.

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by AzB View Post
    There are several messages that pop up like that, and they're all annoying. Especially when they interfere with what you're trying to do onscreen at the time.
    Yeah, it gets really annoying, when i swap gear out while I am questing, and even if what i am changing doesn't affect the oath, it still pops the message up, if the oath is broken.

As far as I know there is no way to turn that message off.

So here is the question - What are you using that is causing you to break Druidic Oath?

Is possible that you could replace that item with something that won't break your oath?

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by Enoach View Post
    So here is the question - What are you using that is causing you to break Druidic Oath?
    I am on a TR Grind, and the way I do it is to multiclass 6/6/8 using Rogue/Artificer/???. It doesn't matter what the last 8 levels are as this build allows me to use my Intel as my to hit and damage modifier with repeaters. Intel is also my reflex modifer and so the only two stats that I really need to pay attention to are Intel and Con. I have started taking druid levels now, so that when I hit 20 I can TR and gain the Druid Past Life feat. While the Druid levels don't help me much, they don't hinder my character either. I have done this through multiple lives, including Monk. I got the "not centered" icon on the left side of the screen, it was ok, because it didn't constantly flash, or block the view of anything else I might be trying to do.

I know there are those who feel this is the wrong way to TR, but to each his own. This style of play suits me just fine, its how I enjoy the game. I just wish I didnt have the annoying message flash across my screen. As I stated earlier i get the message, even when what I am swapping out isn't what is causing the problems. For example: I have Pendant of Time Trinket and a crafted trinket with +2 to luck. When I am in town, and swap the luck trinket for the pendant of time, I get the message that i am breaking the druidic oath.

Community Member

Default yeah, its annoying

I am on a TR Grind, and the way I do it is to multiclass 6/6/8 using Rogue/Artificer/???. It doesn't matter what the last 8 levels are as this build allows me to use my Intel as my to hit and damage modifier with repeaters. Intel is also my reflex modifer and so the only two stats that I really need to pay attention to are Intel and Con. I have started taking druid levels now, so that when I hit 20 I can TR and gain the Druid Past Life feat. While the Druid levels don't help me much, they don't hinder my character either. I have done this through multiple lives, including Monk. I got the "not centered" icon on the left side of the screen, it was ok, because it didn't constantly flash, or block the view of anything else I might be trying to do.

I know there are those who feel this is the wrong way to TR, but to each his own. This style of play suits me just fine, its how I enjoy the game. I just wish I didnt have the annoying message flash across my screen. As I stated earlier i get the message, even when what I am swapping out isn't what is causing the problems. For example: I have Pendant of Time Trinket and a crafted trinket with +2 to luck. When I am in town, and swap the luck trinket for the pendant of time, I get the message that i am breaking the druidic oath.

Nothing ive found to do about it either, If you dont TR immediately Stack druid/arti spellpower/crit enhancements and check out draconic incarnation with that build before they nerf it, lotta fun.

I have nothing against how people run there characters what classes and how many levels.

I think you misunderstood what I was asking, so I'll try again.

What piece of equipment are you using that is causing the Druidic Oath to be broken?

Is the Crossbow considered metal? Bolts? Are you wearing armor? Or are you using a Ruin Arm?

Some items have alternatives to help avoid the message all together. However, things like the ruin arm have no alternatives outside of not using them...

It is to bad that they didn't implement the message in the same way as the un-centered.

Good luck in your TR travels.

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by Enoach View Post
    What piece of equipment are you using that is causing the Druidic Oath to be broken?
    Its the Runearm, Druids aren't supposed to use them.

In soviet ddo, druidic oath break youuuuu!!!

Quote Originally Posted by AzB View Post
    You could follow the oath. After all, you made a promise! You swore!

I don't think there's any way to get rid of it. There are several messages that pop up like that, and they're all annoying. Especially when they interfere with what you're trying to do onscreen at the time.
    Lol !!!!!!
    " Elize Ryd - Officer @ Band of Gypsys "

" Trapped in my skin - See the nexus in my dreams - But will you bury me within? "

Amaranthe - The NeXuS

Scholar Of Adventure & Hero Missing_Minds's Avatar

My personal thought is to bug report it and request that it show up as an issue like Monk uncentered is.

List off the reasons why it is so annoying as well.