Default A Few (Good?) Ideas

Good ideas frequently spring to life on the forums only to die unrealized.

I wanted to resurrect a few neat ideas (ok - 30 or more) that seemed promising.

I have added a "Turbine - Take my Money!!!" note next to money making opportunities that scream for Dev attention.

1) Add a visual indicator of how many times you have completed a quest on each setting (e.g. casual x1, Normal x3, Hard x10, Elite x1, Epic Normal x2, etc.).

2) Add "share" to Quest Entrance
    https://www.ddo.com/forums/showthrea...Quest-Entrance

3) Add regular and epic Spectral Dragon scales and armor
    Would encourage purchase of challenge pack

4) Organize TR cache alphabetically, add search option, allow cache to be rearranged

5) Make all challenge ingredients BtA

6) (Turbine - take my money!!!) Add more storage options that can be purchased in the store
    - Spell component bags (the technology for this appears to be available now)
    - Scroll cases
    - Wand "quivers"

7) (Turbine - take my money!!!) Add polymorph potions (in chests - allows you to temporarily change races) and shapechange potions (store bought - permanently change character's race and/or gender).

8) Add illusion items and spells that allow you to take on appearance of a monster class (like the spell effect from kobold cookies, taken cookies, etc.)

9) Add skill tomes to 1750 favor reward list
    https://www.ddo.com/forums/showthrea...or-reward-list

10) Add cursed items
    - Cursed potions of wonder that change character's gender or give you the appearance of a gnome until next death/login
    - Items that cannot be unequipped unless you use remove curse spell or potion
    - More "hidden" effects on items

11) Allow extended bravery streaks to add bonuses to earned guild renown (5% bonus to earned renown once you have achieved a 100 elite streak, 6% at 150, etc.)

12) (Turbine - take my money!!!) Allow purchase of a "Legacy chest"
    This would be a strictly limited 1 item/TR life bank vault that allowed you to pass a single BtC item to another character on your account
    It could work like this:
    * You may purchase a special Legacy Vault from the store.
    * During the TR process, after you expend a true Druidic heart of wood, you are allowed to place one item into the Legacy Vault.
    * At all other times the legacy vault is withdraw only.
    * The legacy vault may hold only one item at a time.
    * This item (raid loot, tome, shard of power, etc.), which may be bound to the character undergoing TR, can be withdrawn (inherited) by any other character you have on that server.
    * Items withdrawn from the vault become bound to the new character

13) Add the ability to search the auction house by guild slot or augment slot

14) Add missing effects to Cannith crafting (paralyzing, smiting, voltaic, phlebotomizing, etc.) and increase cap to level 200.

15) Add the ability to rename bags: (e.g. "Shroud ingreds", "Cannith ingreds")

16) Create "Artifacts" that combine several minor named items (e.g. a "Bejeweled Gloves of Shan-To-Kor" that combine all of the harbor kobold gems and trinkets into one item, or an "Ioun Crown" that combines all of the non-upgraded Ioun stones so they can all float around your head at the same time)

17) Minor but unique bonuses for becoming Enlightened (racial completionist - you have lived at least one life as each race), Courageous (you have completed all quests on "elite" setting), and Inspired (you have completed all epic destinies).

18) Add spirit binder to guild ship crew (or, if this is not possible due to the fact that the ship is a unique instance that doesn't exist until someone enters, create an airship bar/lounge that has exits into the marketplace and into your guildship)

19) Add exit to Eveningstar from portable hole.

20) Combine house C and House K crafting halls and place it "in between" house C and House K. Allow characters to exit crafting hall through a House C door or a House K door.

21) Add extended guild buff bonus (2 hour buffs) at guild level 65 (or some other dead spot in guild progression).

22) Searchable, sortable and filterable (by ml) bank

23) Add additional information on character sheet
    - Healing amp
    - Spell penetration
    - effective casting level (per spell)

24) Add a dps meter to the training dummy. Add various "skins" to the training dummy that allow you to test dps against various enemies' dr.

25) add an in-game mail indicator on character selection page

26) Add a family mausoleum instance to Delera's graveyard that you can enter to see past TR incarnations of your own characters (and shrine up during Mabar event)

27) Add the ability to access, organize and search account-wide inventory

28) Allow us to use higher level spell slots to memorize lower level spells (there are a lot of good 4th level spells...)

29) Allow basic UI for summoned creatures (Active/Passive, Attack/Defensive and Dismiss).

30) Preset the forums to auto correct the word "rouge" to "rogue."

31) Allow 1% chance for any non-raid chest in the game to be a mimic.

32) (Turbine - take my money!!!) Create a Magic Item Compendium (a personal trophy case - similar to the monster manual) for storage of unique named items.
    https://www.ddo.com/forums/showthrea...dea-to-Let-Die
    https://www.ddo.com/forums/showthrea...lete-BtC-items
    https://www.ddo.com/forums/showthrea...reasure-Manual

That's it for now, feel free to add your own.

Lots of good ideas, some very weird (Spectral dragon scales? How does that even work?) and a few I found to be not so good.
    Nonetheless, a great input.

I'll add my own two here:

1) (Turbine - take my money!!!) Make a system similar to the randomly-generated Cormyr weapons/armor from the Eveningstar Challenge Pack, but for some of the accessories instead, whose necessary ingredients come from a new, interesting Challenge Pack. But please, this time make the ingredientes BtA (and with 4 properties at least at level 24 so they don't suck like the armor/shield we have now).

2) Stop the timer from the airship buffs when you are in a public area (or at least, inside a tavern area). This saves a lot of time in PUGs when you are waiting for it to fill.

Community Member

Sell items in store that move all collectables/ingreds of a particular type to the character that "summoned them" from all other toons/bags on his account.

20 points to "stack up" all those random shards!

The gender/race change potions will blow ddo up.

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by BoBo2020 View Post
    - Wand "quivers"
    Wand bandoliers!

Quote Originally Posted by MindCakes View Post
    Wand bandoliers!
    I like bandoliers.... but I would really like to see them actually fit into the otherwise under-utilized quiver slot.

Quote Originally Posted by DynaTheCat View Post
    The gender/race change potions will blow ddo up.
    Profit!

Quote Originally Posted by bbcjoke View Post
    (Spectral dragon scales? How does that even work?)
    A valid question.
    I have about 20 sitting in my bank from the Mabar event.
    I was thinking something along the lines of ghostly/incorporeal armor that looks like a variation of Tenser's transformation.
    It could have ghostly as an effect, maybe enervation guard, etc...

18) Add spirit binder to guild ship crew (or, if this is not possible due to the fact that the ship is a unique instance that doesn't exist until someone enters, create an airship bar/lounge that has exits into the marketplace and into your guildship)
    Lots of great ideas! This one about spirit binder? The spirit binder in the twelve is right next to the airship and also the marketplace. But then, having an airship bar/lounge does sound kinda cool too ...

The outrage this would cause for many would be unforgivable. Even if it were refined from any non-raid chest to any chest with no fixed loot table, the amusement of a mimic would rapidly wear off and become annoying. It would also slow down things substantially and make pugging a lot less fun.

24) Add a dps meter to the training dummy. Add various "skins" to the training dummy that allow you to test dps against various enemies' dr.
    I must have missed this one in the forums, the DR skins are a great idea!

Of course you missed the most common idea that keeps getting posted and then overlooked, FIX THE CURRENT BUGS!

Turbine, take my money!
    Mentioned this before, but here seemed like the place to do it again:

I would like a "cosmetic blank"
    Something I could plug into the stone of change along with an existing named/random-gen armor to get it's look as my cosmetic appearance.
    Last edited by PermaBanned; 07-01-2013 at 07:06 PM.
    Now excuse me while I wander off to arm myself with Grilled Cheese Sandwiches and hunker down behind my Armored Beer Refrigerator, while I have the UFO's take control of the Congresional Wives with the help of the International Cocaine Smugglers and the Evil Geniuses for a Better Tomorrow

it would be also very cool if we could do this:

Every time we open bank, there would be an option to be able to see, just see, what our other toons have in bank, so we dobnt have to go through all the toons, if we need an item that we left on other toon, or to be able to check our mules every time.
    Proud officer of The Balance, in Khyber
    Robopew / Kormah / Sokin / Dhona / Thendrik / Tightpants / Altab / Screamforme / Oohshift / Evermissing
    My trade list: https://www.ddo.com/forums/showthrea...-My-Trade-List

Community Member

Default An idea

I had written a couple ideas of my own but decided to erase them..I just don't care what ddo does.
    Last edited by Prunit; 07-05-2013 at 12:28 PM. Reason: whatever

Good ideas frequently spring to life on the forums only to die unrealized.

I wanted to resurrect a few neat ideas (ok - 30 or more) that seemed promising.

I have added a "Turbine - Take my Money!!!" note next to money making opportunities that scream for Dev attention.

1) Add a visual indicator of how many times you have completed a quest on each setting (e.g. casual x1, Normal x3, Hard x10, Elite x1, Epic Normal x2, etc.).

2) Add "share" to Quest Entrance
    https://www.ddo.com/forums/showthrea...Quest-Entrance

3) Add regular and epic Spectral Dragon scales and armor
    Would encourage purchase of challenge pack

4) Organize TR cache alphabetically, add search option, allow cache to be rearranged

5) Make all challenge ingredients BtA

6) (Turbine - take my money!!!) Add more storage options that can be purchased in the store
    - Spell component bags (the technology for this appears to be available now)
    - Scroll cases
    - Wand "quivers"

7) (Turbine - take my money!!!) Add polymorph potions (in chests - allows you to temporarily change races) and shapechange potions (store bought - permanently change character's race and/or gender).

8) Add illusion items and spells that allow you to take on appearance of a monster class (like the spell effect from kobold cookies, taken cookies, etc.)

9) Add skill tomes to 1750 favor reward list
    https://www.ddo.com/forums/showthrea...or-reward-list

10) Add cursed items
    - Cursed potions of wonder that change character's gender or give you the appearance of a gnome until next death/login
    - Items that cannot be unequipped unless you use remove curse spell or potion
    - More "hidden" effects on items

11) Allow extended bravery streaks to add bonuses to earned guild renown (5% bonus to earned renown once you have achieved a 100 elite streak, 6% at 150, etc.)

12) (Turbine - take my money!!!) Allow purchase of a "Legacy chest"
    This would be a strictly limited 1 item/TR life bank vault that allowed you to pass a single BtC item to another character on your account
    It could work like this:
    * You may purchase a special Legacy Vault from the store.
    * During the TR process, after you expend a true Druidic heart of wood, you are allowed to place one item into the Legacy Vault.
    * At all other times the legacy vault is withdraw only.
    * The legacy vault may hold only one item at a time.
    * This item (raid loot, tome, shard of power, etc.), which may be bound to the character undergoing TR, can be withdrawn (inherited) by any other character you have on that server.
    * Items withdrawn from the vault become bound to the new character

13) Add the ability to search the auction house by guild slot or augment slot

14) Add missing effects to Cannith crafting (paralyzing, smiting, voltaic, phlebotomizing, etc.) and increase cap to level 200.

15) Add the ability to rename bags: (e.g. "Shroud ingreds", "Cannith ingreds")

16) Create "Artifacts" that combine several minor named items (e.g. a "Bejeweled Gloves of Shan-To-Kor" that combine all of the harbor kobold gems and trinkets into one item, or an "Ioun Crown" that combines all of the non-upgraded Ioun stones so they can all float around your head at the same time)

17) Minor but unique bonuses for becoming Enlightened (racial completionist - you have lived at least one life as each race), Courageous (you have completed all quests on "elite" setting), and Inspired (you have completed all epic destinies).

19) Add exit to Eveningstar from portable hole.

20) Combine house C and House K crafting halls and place it "in between" house C and House K. Allow characters to exit crafting hall through a House C door or a House K door.

21) Add extended guild buff bonus (2 hour buffs) at guild level 65 (or some other dead spot in guild progression).

22) Searchable, sortable and filterable (by ml) bank

23) Add additional information on character sheet
    - Healing amp
    - Spell penetration
    - effective casting level (per spell)

25) add an in-game mail indicator on character selection page

26) Add a family mausoleum instance to Delera's graveyard that you can enter to see past TR incarnations of your own characters (and shrine up during Mabar event)

27) Add the ability to access, organize and search account-wide inventory

28) Allow us to use higher level spell slots to memorize lower level spells (there are a lot of good 4th level spells...)

29) Allow basic UI for summoned creatures (Active/Passive, Attack/Defensive and Dismiss).

30) Preset the forums to auto correct the word "rouge" to "rogue."

32) (Turbine - take my money!!!) Create a Magic Item Compendium (a personal trophy case - similar to the monster manual) for storage of unique named items.
    https://www.ddo.com/forums/showthrea...dea-to-Let-Die
    https://www.ddo.com/forums/showthrea...lete-BtC-items
    https://www.ddo.com/forums/showthrea...reasure-Manual

That's it for now, feel free to add your own.
    Outstanding!

+9001
    AUREON/ KEEPER 2006-2009 | CANNITH 2010 -
    Anaplian, Csimian, Tengram, Hackworth, Memenah, Helekye, Nabberfleish
    Brotherhood of the Wolf