Good ideas frequently spring to life on the forums only to die unrealized.
I wanted to resurrect a few neat ideas (ok - 30 or more) that seemed promising.
I have added a "Turbine - Take my Money!!!" note next to money making opportunities that scream for Dev attention.
1) Add a visual indicator of how many times you have completed a quest on each setting (e.g. casual x1, Normal x3, Hard x10, Elite x1, Epic Normal x2, etc.).
2) Add "share" to Quest Entrance
3) Add regular and epic Spectral Dragon scales and armor
Would encourage purchase of challenge pack
4) Organize TR cache alphabetically, add search option, allow cache to be rearranged
5) Make all challenge ingredients BtA
6) (Turbine - take my money!!!) Add more storage options that can be purchased in the store
- Spell component bags (the technology for this appears to be available now)
- Scroll cases
- Wand "quivers"
7) (Turbine - take my money!!!) Add polymorph potions (in chests - allows you to temporarily change races) and shapechange potions (store bought - permanently change character's race and/or gender).
8) Add illusion items and spells that allow you to take on appearance of a monster class (like the spell effect from kobold cookies, taken cookies, etc.)
9) Add skill tomes to 1750 favor reward list
10) Add cursed items
- Cursed potions of wonder that change character's gender or give you the appearance of a gnome until next death/login
- Items that cannot be unequipped unless you use remove curse spell or potion
- More "hidden" effects on items
11) Allow extended bravery streaks to add bonuses to earned guild renown (5% bonus to earned renown once you have achieved a 100 elite streak, 6% at 150, etc.)
12) (Turbine - take my money!!!) Allow purchase of a "Legacy chest"
This would be a strictly limited 1 item/TR life bank vault that allowed you to pass a single BtC item to another character on your account
It could work like this:
* You may purchase a special Legacy Vault from the store.
* During the TR process, after you expend a true Druidic heart of wood, you are allowed to place one item into the Legacy Vault.
* At all other times the legacy vault is withdraw only.
* The legacy vault may hold only one item at a time.
* This item (raid loot, tome, shard of power, etc.), which may be bound to the character undergoing TR, can be withdrawn (inherited) by any other character you have on that server.
* Items withdrawn from the vault become bound to the new character
13) Add the ability to search the auction house by guild slot or augment slot
14) Add missing effects to Cannith crafting (paralyzing, smiting, voltaic, phlebotomizing, etc.) and increase cap to level 200.
15) Add the ability to rename bags: (e.g. "Shroud ingreds", "Cannith ingreds")
16) Create "Artifacts" that combine several minor named items (e.g. a "Bejeweled Gloves of Shan-To-Kor" that combine all of the harbor kobold gems and trinkets into one item, or an "Ioun Crown" that combines all of the non-upgraded Ioun stones so they can all float around your head at the same time)
17) Minor but unique bonuses for becoming Enlightened (racial completionist - you have lived at least one life as each race), Courageous (you have completed all quests on "elite" setting), and Inspired (you have completed all epic destinies).
18) Add spirit binder to guild ship crew (or, if this is not possible due to the fact that the ship is a unique instance that doesn't exist until someone enters, create an airship bar/lounge that has exits into the marketplace and into your guildship)
19) Add exit to Eveningstar from portable hole.
20) Combine house C and House K crafting halls and place it "in between" house C and House K. Allow characters to exit crafting hall through a House C door or a House K door.
21) Add extended guild buff bonus (2 hour buffs) at guild level 65 (or some other dead spot in guild progression).
22) Searchable, sortable and filterable (by ml) bank
23) Add additional information on character sheet
- Healing amp
- Spell penetration
- effective casting level (per spell)
24) Add a dps meter to the training dummy. Add various "skins" to the training dummy that allow you to test dps against various enemies' dr.
25) add an in-game mail indicator on character selection page
26) Add a family mausoleum instance to Delera's graveyard that you can enter to see past TR incarnations of your own characters (and shrine up during Mabar event)
27) Add the ability to access, organize and search account-wide inventory
28) Allow us to use higher level spell slots to memorize lower level spells (there are a lot of good 4th level spells...)
29) Allow basic UI for summoned creatures (Active/Passive, Attack/Defensive and Dismiss).
30) Preset the forums to auto correct the word "rouge" to "rogue."
31) Allow 1% chance for any non-raid chest in the game to be a mimic.
32) (Turbine - take my money!!!) Create a Magic Item Compendium (a personal trophy case - similar to the monster manual) for storage of unique named items.
That's it for now, feel free to add your own.