Default Daily prize roll and Astral Shards

Something I've noticed with the daily prize rolls is a lack of winning any Astral Shards.

They are listed in the lower portions (largest percentage) of the winnings area and yet, despite rolling nearly everday since 'Daily Dice' was introduced, I have only won Astral Shards ONCE.

Now I understand I may be one of those people that just isn't gifted when it comes to rolling dice, but I have gotten a TON of platinum and other minor items from these 'bigger winning zones' (if I recall correctly , they take up the first 60 or so percent of the chart), and yet I only got Astral Shards once in all that time?

If it isn't just plain bad luck, I'm kinda thinking the chart might look like this:

1-30 Platinum
    31 Astral Shards
    32-60 Crafting items
    61 Astral Shards
    62+ All other items (high end stuff)

So I mean really, if the chart looks like this (2% chance to get Astral Shards), why not just put them in their own category at the top of the list along with the 1% Silver and Gold prizes - lol!

Has anyone else noticed a lack of winning Shards on their rolls?
    Eliminate 'ninja' looting from DDO:http://forums.ddo.com/showthread.php?t=243939
    Bring teleport more inline with PnP:http://forums.ddo.com/showthread.php?t=403747
    Player made quests can work in DDO:http://forums.ddo.com/showthread.php?t=352498

Community Member

Buddy rolled a silver double 00.

34 astral shards.

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by 350zguy View Post
    Buddy rolled a silver double 00.

34 astral shards.
    FYI, on Gold a few weeks ago, 00 gave me a +1 UMD skill booster.

Community Member

I'm not breaking out the tinfoil for this, but I did get three or four shard rolls the first week or two after the new lottery. It was enough to post 6 or 7 shard auctions, and I got a comfortable return.

But since the first couple of weeks? Not a single shard. Plenty of plat and essence prizes, and a good number of various XP pots, but no shards.

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by Bradik_Losdar View Post
    Something I've noticed with the daily prize rolls is a lack of winning any Astral Shards.

They are listed in the lower portions (largest percentage) of the winnings area and yet, despite rolling nearly everday since 'Daily Dice' was introduced, I have only won Astral Shards ONCE.

Now I understand I may be one of those people that just isn't gifted when it comes to rolling dice, but I have gotten a TON of platinum and other minor items from these 'bigger winning zones' (if I recall correctly , they take up the first 60 or so percent of the chart), and yet I only got Astral Shards once in all that time?

If it isn't just plain bad luck, I'm kinda thinking the chart might look like this:

1-30 Platinum
    31 Astral Shards
    32-60 Crafting items
    61 Astral Shards
    62+ All other items (high end stuff)

So I mean really, if the chart looks like this (2% chance to get Astral Shards), why not just put them in their own category at the top of the list along with the 1% Silver and Gold prizes - lol!

Has anyone else noticed a lack of winning Shards on their rolls?
    I've gotten shards on 2 or 3 occasions. But not lately.

Community Member TheNameIwasntB4's Avatar

Default Since patch 18.2 came out

Astral Shards have become a rarity. Recently someone else posted about this also.

From June 22, 2013

You can still get 35 or 50 astral shards with a 100, but the chance of getting 1 - 3 astral shards seems to have gone away with a roll of 45 or less, has gone away. Not sure if you get 15 astral shards with a 95-99 anymore either. ON the bright side, those Raid Timers still drop.
    Last edited by TheNameIwasntB4; 07-01-2013 at 05:16 PM.
    April 2013 - Manager Meeting - New Forums, WOW!! We just had over 90% new players join!!

I rolled a 98 on my gold roll today and got (iirc) ~75 asral shards. Tbh I was a little disappointed that a high roll on a gold roll didn't get me something cooler.

Quote Originally Posted by grodon9999 View Post
    This game has been such an absurd grind that I’d rather stick my junk in a beehive than make another toon.
    Quote Originally Posted by Teh_Troll View Post
    An expansion . .. with a set of packs for each plane to come out every month or two . . . it'll be like crack to Whitney Houston.

Quote Originally Posted by FrancisP.Fancypants View Post
    I'm not breaking out the tinfoil for this, but I did get three or four shard rolls the first week or two after the new lottery. It was enough to post 6 or 7 shard auctions, and I got a comfortable return.

But since the first couple of weeks? Not a single shard. Plenty of plat and essence prizes, and a good number of various XP pots, but no shards.
    this has been my experience as well.

Shards dropped early on, but seem to have been removed from the table.
    /sigh