Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Community Member

Default About those gold daily dice rolls..

It's nice that they added this weekly perk to VIP membership. But I have to tell you that getting three rather mundane collectibles from a roll does not exactly entice me to want to spend astral shards on them.

Obviously part of the point of this is randomness, and not everyone should get something great every time. But considering what these cost, the range should be between "good" and "great". If the list is full of junk like this, I will never spend AS on these rolls -- I'd rather use them to buy stuff on the ASAH I want/like, and I sure won't spend the equivalent of what, 75 TP, on random junk.
    Last edited by Qaliya; 07-01-2013 at 11:28 AM.

Agreed. I thought the Collectibles in the silver rolls were ****. then I rolled a collectible in my free gold roll....

Silver: Congrats! heres ONE crappy Collectible you could pickup in waterworks!

Gold: Congrats! Heres THREE crappy collectibles you could pick up in waterworks....

Collectibles should be completely removed from the roll rewards.
    °º¤ø,¸¸,ø¤º°`°º¤ø,¸,ø¤°º¤ø,¸ ¸,ø¤º°`°º¤ø,¸A R C H A N G E L S °º¤ø,¸¸,ø¤º°`°º¤ø,¸,ø¤°º¤ø,¸ ¸,ø¤º°`°º¤ø,¸
    Thelanis

Alandael ~ Allendale ~ iForged ~ Roba ~ Sylon ~ Pokah ~ Keyanu ~ Wreckoning
    Quote Originally Posted by Severlin View Post
    We don't envision starting players with Starter Gear and zero knowledge playing on Hard or Elite.
    Sev~

Community Member

If they put the rare ones in there, that would be fine. I'm level 17 on this life, always click collectibles, and have gotten exactly zero lightning-split soarwoods. I have others that I have collected religiously across 7 lives and have under 15 of, and I'd be fine getting those.

But amulets of the lost empire? Please.

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by Impaqt View Post
    I am not so sure I would agree with this. Collectables are meant to be the 'bad' result. The Tier 1 collectables are just kind of insulting, not worth anything other than dragging out of your bag to destroy. But if they removed those and just had a high chance to get a Tier 2 collectable and a low chance to get a Tier 3 collectable, I think that this would do the intended purpose of providing a 'junk' reward from the rolls, while not making people feel quite so insulted by the results.

Quote Originally Posted by Qaliya View Post
    It's nice that they added this weekly perk to VIP membership. But I have to tell you that getting three rather mundane collectibles from a roll does not exactly entice me to want to spend astral shards on them.

Obviously part of the point of this is randomness, and not everyone should get something great every time. But considering what these cost, the range should be between "good" and "great". If the list is full of junk like this, I will never spend AS on these rolls -- I'd rather use them to buy stuff on the ASAH I want/like, and I sure won't spend the equivalent of what, 75 TP, on random junk.

In a standard raffle, you have a single prize -or at best a 1st/2nd/3rd prize- with all ticket purchasers having a significant chance to get absolutely nothing. I mean seriously, when's the last time you entered a raffle or lottery where you were guaranteed to get something, even if that something is a Cracker Jack prize?

Also don't forget, you only spend shards on the roll if you want to. Me? Not once. I've done my free rolls, & I'm not VIP so I haven't rolled for the gold. If you want a lottery where you have the chance to roll up a (top prize) Raid Bypass Timer, and a 0% chance to roll up a (bottom "prize") of nothing, you've got to realize there'll be some carp prizes on the list. I'll take carp over nothing, tyvm; especially when it's for free.

The systems been in place long enough that, if you're still paying for rolls, you know what you're paying for...
    Last edited by PermaBanned; 07-01-2013 at 03:23 PM.
    Now excuse me while I wander off to arm myself with Grilled Cheese Sandwiches and hunker down behind my Armored Beer Refrigerator, while I have the UFO's take control of the Congresional Wives with the help of the International Cocaine Smugglers and the Evil Geniuses for a Better Tomorrow

Community Member TheNameIwasntB4's Avatar

Default Think how fast you run with those collectables

Keep rolling on the gold. You will get that one nice thing in about one year. Think of the hours of entertainment you will have received by pressing the mouse button.
    April 2013 - Manager Meeting - New Forums, WOW!! We just had over 90% new players join!!

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by PermaBanned View Post
    In a standard raffle, you have a single prize -or at best a 1st/2nd/3rd prize- with all ticket purchasers having a significant chance to get absolutely nothing. I mean seriously, when's the last time you entered a raffle or lottery where you were guaranteed to get something, even if that something is a Cracker Jack prize?
    Since you asked... I don't enter lotteries or raffles unless it is for charity, in which case the prize isn't the point.

I'm not saying I should be guaranteed something good. I am providing feedback to Turbine that I do not feel it is worth the cost to buy gold rolls when there is so much junk on the list. If their goal with the system is to get people to pay money, they will get mine if they remove some of the worst outcomes. Otherwise, they will not.

Since you asked... I don't enter lotteries or raffles unless it is for charity, in which case the prize isn't the point.

I'm not saying I should be guaranteed something good. I am providing feedback to Turbine that I do not feel it is worth the cost to buy gold rolls when there is so much junk on the list. If their goal with the system is to get people to pay money, they will get mine if they remove some of the worst outcomes. Otherwise, they will not.
    rolling on the gold, you are taking the chance of winning something that you personally find valuable. what is one persons junk is another persons treasure. you know there is a chance at getting something that you don't particularly care about it. if you don't like the chances or the possible "junk" stuff you could win, than don't pay for it.

if enough people aren't paying for gold rolls, believe me that Turbine will make some changes.

This all seems very contradictory; allow me to simplify the above paragraph to a single statement:

"I don't think I should be guaranteed something good, I just won't risk getting junk."

If you don't want "ending up with junk" as a possable result, doesn't that mean you want to be "guaranteed something good?"

Lastly, removing whatever currently occupies the title of "worst outcomes" just transefers the title to something else.
    Now excuse me while I wander off to arm myself with Grilled Cheese Sandwiches and hunker down behind my Armored Beer Refrigerator, while I have the UFO's take control of the Congresional Wives with the help of the International Cocaine Smugglers and the Evil Geniuses for a Better Tomorrow

Quote Originally Posted by Impaqt View Post
    Agreed. I thought the Collectibles in the silver rolls were ****. then I rolled a collectible in my free gold roll....

Silver: Congrats! heres ONE crappy Collectible you could pickup in waterworks!

Gold: Congrats! Heres THREE crappy collectibles you could pick up in waterworks....

Lol .... So true ... I've still yet to pull anything of value
    " Elize Ryd - Officer @ Band of Gypsys "

" Trapped in my skin - See the nexus in my dreams - But will you bury me within? "

Amaranthe - The NeXuS

Quote Originally Posted by 96th_Malice View Post
    Lol .... So true ... I've still yet to pull anything of value
    Only roll Silver because I am premium. That being said, I have gotten 15 Astral Shards, 1 Raid Bypass Timer (my first 100 roll after 4 x 1 rolls!!!), and lots of Essences. I may have gotten a few good collectables but no clue as they just go in my bag to rot.

not sure that I don't just have really good luck, but I've gotten far more value out of the rolls than junk...yes I've seen rolls with three collectibles, but I've also gotten four or five armor kits, at least two pets(pets could be put on the auction house), a ton of good potions including sovereign I pots, and a flawless red dragon scale and a large devil scale. I love playing with the daily roll, at this point I'm ahead on shards after rolling for 100 shards a couple of times and 35 and 10 or 15 shards alot of times.

Maybe my good luck on the daily dice is to balance out my crappy luck at dropping named items I try to farm!
    "Some things have to be believed to be seen." Ralph Hodgson

Ciarra Stormbringer Cleric/Sorceror
    Darianna Dawnbringer Wizard
    Riasha Dawnbringer Rogue/Fighter

Rhavynheart Stormbringer Cleric
    Kestryl Stormbringer Sorceror

I rolled a 21 on my free gold roll today. The lowest prize tier.

I got a blue dragon scale and 10 AS.

So, basically if it wasn't a free roll, I would have get a blue scale for a 5 AS roll. Good enough for a bottom-tier reward.
    Main: Amossa d'Cannith, Sarlona, casually trying Completionist [<o>]

Almost-never-played-alts: Arquera - Chapolin - Fabber - Herweg - Mecanico - Tenma

I want DDO to be a better game. Those are my personal suggestions on: Ammunition, Archmage, Combat Stances, Deities, Dispel Magic, Epic Destiny Map, Fast Healing, Favor, Favored Enemy, Half-elf Enhancements, Monk Stances, Past Life, Potency, Potions, Ranger Spells, Summons, Tiered Loot.

Forum Turtle
    2014 DDO Players Council

I have rolled gold three times to date. Once I paid for just to see what would happen, and my two free gold rolls.

I have gotten:
    Four random collectibles (instead of just one like silver)
    A cosmetic armor
    A Flawless Red Dragion Scale.
    Turtel, Turtley Wrath, Tortoisse, Waterssong, Victerr Creed, Utahraptor, Velocaraptor, Minddancer, Loggerhead, Matamata, Sulcata, Ticerratops, Sierrann, Hankx, Shartelhane

Member of Highlords of Malkier! Help channel, everyone welcome in this channel!

Community Member

Thanks for the subsequent feedback.

I guess I'll just wait and see how I do over a longer time-frame. I still think the low-end collectibles should be removed, though.

I'm finally gaining some AS (through slow sales of low-value items) and maybe some day I'll have enough to waste on this sort of thing.

Community Member

The best I've managed is a Lesser Heart Of Wood on a silver roll which would be awesome except that I rolled it on a character I'm very happy with. Since shards are account based it would be great if rewards were Bound To Account and not Bound To Character.

I also have three Crafting Elixirs on my non-crafting character.

Moan, moan, grumble, free stuff, moan.

I look at the Free Silver and Free Gold (for VIP) more as an extra

Sometimes it is something I value and sometimes it is not.

So far my 2 Free Gold Roles have netted me

1. Martial Power Cell (Alchemical Crafting)
    2. 17 Greater Arcane Essences

Personally I wouldn't do a Silver or Gold Roll as there is no guarantee of something I want or will use. But just the possibility of getting something for FREE is fun.

I actually like comparing with Guild mates on what they got with their roll, sometimes laughing with them about getting a stack of Prayer beads or Ooohing and Ahhing over Supreme Potions of XP/Slayer/Crafting.

I still wouldn't bank my wealth on this system though.

Brand / Commerce Team QuartermasterX's Avatar

Thanks for the feedback everyone. I will look into improving the collectibles that drop on the gold table.

Quote Originally Posted by QuartermasterX View Post
    Thanks for the feedback everyone. I will look into improving the collectibles that drop on the gold table.
    The only time I was ever pleased about getting a collectible on the silver, was when it came with a couple of nice juicy Astral Shards, that happened rarely and I haven't seen it happen since the latest patch.

They may as well be the 'You won nothing this time' Roll

Might Appreciate them more if the collectors didn't take far too many of them for a Random Augment though.
    Main Forum Account Status: Being Fixed!

Scholar Of Adventure & Hero Missing_Minds's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by QuartermasterX View Post
    The only reason I have to roll the gold is because I want that "Leaves of the Forest" cosmetic. Other wise, for me, it is utterly ignorable in its current state.

If that got put into the store, I'd be picking it up in a heartbeat, even if it was the old style and I HATE the setup of the old style.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast