Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast

Welcome aboard.

I look forward to your influence on the game.

Would you be willing to look at a divine spell pass once things settle down after epic TRing? And about Epic TRing.... Please let us keep our ED XP.
    Characters: Celemia / Tukson / Thau (Broken link) / Atremus

“A pessimist is one who feels bad when he feels good for fear he'll feel worse when he feels better.”

Community Member

Welcome. The communication is much appreciated.

Hero

Quote Originally Posted by MajMalphunktion View Post
    HI WELC..ahem :::looks over his shoulder for the banhammer...:::

Yes this producer guy "Aaron"(what kind of non de plume name is that?) and I (Major Malphunktion is a far more proper name) go back a few years. Personally I'm psyched to be working with him again.
    Now that we know you two have buds, make sure you clearly state to him we will hold him to the same high standards of honesty and integrity you have proven possible here in the forums.

(but I have to rib the new guy, so since he is a producer that means this thread will be the last we hear from him until this time next year)
    Last edited by Drwaz99; 07-01-2013 at 03:05 PM.

Welcome aboard and good to see you guys are reaching out to the players for thoughts.

Can you please look at xp in the 18-20 range? All these new changes to xp and 18-20 qill still be miserable. Amarath and cannith specifically need seroius help.

Maybe also a look at end game. Right now with so few end game raids and few incentives to run things end game is not overly exciting.

Yes this producer guy "Aaron"(what kind of non de plume name is that?) and I (Major Malphunktion is a far more proper name) go back a few years. Personally I'm psyched to be working with him again.
    A thumbs up from Major is all I need.

Welcome aboard!

Franchise Director ProducerRowan's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Drwaz99 View Post
    (but I have to rib the new guy, so since he is a producer that means this thread will be the last we hear from him until this time next year)
    Hibernation, part of the job description.

Miasto Stołeczne Warszawa (The Capital City of Warsaw)

Now that lotro's endame is destroyed, and new expanison with ZERO group content is announced, Turbine sends LotRO's producer over.

This don't sounds good.

(nothing personal, just my observation)
    Quote Originally Posted by Originally Posted by Random Person #2 View Post
    People who exploit bugs in code are cheaters cheaters cheaters. And they are big fat ****yheads too.

Quote Originally Posted by ProducerRowan View Post
    Q: What is your favorite class?
    A: Paladin (the 1st Edition version, complete with vow of poverty)
    Sweet Gygax! He likes Paladins?

But I thought no one liked Paladins?
    Karadon: Paladin [5] Mar - Jul 2006 - Aureon [EU] --- Paladin [20] Feb 2010 - June 2012 - Orien --- Paladin [21] June 2012 - July 2013 - Orien [TR1] --- Paladin [17] July 2013 - Present - Orien [TR2]
    Yes this is correct, I played Paladins, even pure Paladins before Update 23!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Vellrad View Post
    Now that lotro's endame is destroyed, and new expansion with ZERO group content is announced, Turbine sends LotRO's producer over.

This don't sounds good.

(nothing personal, just my observation)
    That's right. He's coming here to nerf soybeans!

edit: (Yes I know its not spelled correctly, but hey.. it is what it is)
    Magical Rings are well... magical. - Gandalf

Community Member

nm
    Last edited by Darthsarlacc; 12-20-2013 at 10:44 PM.

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by danotmano1998 View Post
    Welcome!

Good luck to you and your team, you just might need it.
    This is a game with quite the rabid fanbase and we love our D&D.

You're coming in at a time when the fanbase here is perceivably at an all time low as far as liking the direction of the game. There have been uncountable mistakes and oversights, poor communication, and what some people consider downright shoddy management/QA of this game as a whole.

Your very first mission should probably be to make sure that whatever version of the game that goes live is indeed the same version it is supposed to be. Releasing things that are constantly broke, don't match the release notes, or have reintroduced bugs that have been supposedly fixed a number of times has not instilled any sort of confidence in Turbine's management. The game has taken a significant downturn in quality since the release of MOTU, and continuing to build new things onto the old things that are still broken might not be the best course of action.

That being said, DDO is an amazing game and there's nothing else like it out there. I love it, have been a diehard fan of D&D since the very first edition box set came out, and I've been hooked on it ever since. I want to see this game flourish and I know with some tough choices at the management level and a bit of foresight it can reach some Glory Days that heretofore have been unrealized.

I implore you to measure twice, cut once. Think about the big picture first, luring in players and retaining them because the game is so incredibly awesome you can't help but enjoy playing it. NOT how to make a quick buck with the least effort, which is how the game has felt for some time now.

Best of luck to you, and welcome to the DDO team.
    May the gods of whichever pantheon you favor be with you in your endeavors.

I second this post...heartily.
    I have been playing D&D since the late 70's, and DDO since ~update 6. DDO has been my addiction these last few years and I play way more than I should--which is to say ~20 hrs per week. What I'd like to truly point out of Endeavors post is this:

"I implore you to measure twice, cut once. Think about the big picture first, luring in players and retaining them because the game is so incredibly awesome you can't help but enjoy playing it. NOT how to make a quick buck with the least effort, which is how the game has felt for some time now."

To expand my thoughts to this statement, DDO currently feels strictly like it's trying to make the quick buck with the least effort. Seriously. The game has felt this way since ~U15 (and looking back, it was U13 and U14, but it takes time to set a pattern). I find this feeling bad. I believe new players and old players who are not staying with this game, would stay if you focused more marketing and resources to fixes and quality. The sales will happen on their own...you really don't need all the force-feeding of the DDO Store sales. <-- please read that sentence more than once.

Again to quote Endeavors:

Good luck to you and your team, you just might need it.
    This is a game with quite the rabid fanbase and we love our D&D.

As long as it's a legitimate usage to welcome someone, you shouldn't get banned.

Setting myself up for failure here, but I'll take my best shot.

6. Fix first, finish second

In short, I'll work with the team to build the best game we can (based on the extensive history of DDO) while still adding things that are fresh and new. The game should keep its soul but not stagnate.

Take Epic TR as an example. Our goal is to build another system that people enjoy (like TR) but leverages all the types of advancement we have in the game (Epic Destinies). Your feedback has already changed the team's approach to this features, which is why we're evaluating multiple approaches to respect the investment you've already made and design a feature that is fun but doesn't feel punishing.

It could have been more elegant, but we'll make choices around the game as it is.
    Since this ties in to your #6 answer, I was wondering if you care to share your feelings on how the epic item/seal/scroll/shards are implemented.

We have a seal, shard, scroll item system. We have a 2nd system that allows scroll swapping. We have a 3rd system that gives us epic items instead fully bypassing the seal/shard/scroll system depending on difficulty of epic being done.
    Do you feel those 3 systems are done in there current form or will those 3 systems combine or change to 1 full system throughout the game.
    For me it seems each time an idea for an update comes along and this system is constantly changing, it makes it seem sloppy, which is why alot of us see it as 3 completely unfinished stagnant systems.

2016 DDO Players Council Stoner81's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Tscheuss View Post
    Nice to meet you, sir.

Now, with all due respect, could you all please fix and finish the old stuff before piling on the new stuff?

Please?
    /thread.

Stoner81.

Community Member

Update 19: The Shadowfell Conspiracy! Level cap to 28, new adventure areas in Wheloon and the Stormhorn mountains, and of course new Iconic races.
    Update 20 (late 2013): Epic True Reincarnation! (We’re still gathering your feedback and input)
    Update 21 (early 2014): A new threat (complete with multiple dragons), and a tribute to a classic Forgotten Realms module.
    update 19 not interested to little content for to much money. not happy with all extra not d&d, that came with the last expansion. new enhancements included, so double yuck on that. last expansion is still a buggy mess. turbine has not done enough to repair trust from the last expansion.

update 20 no thx, after seeing the proposal and judging by what little feedback you acted on for enhancements, just ditch it, waste of time, will only further the belief that the devs are trolling us.

update 21 hey something on the calendar i don't dread yet. nice work turbine.

so congrats on the job, try not to do as badly as the last guy.

Community Member

nm
    Last edited by darthyodawan; 12-20-2013 at 02:28 AM.

2016 DDO Players Council UurlockYgmeov's Avatar

welcome!

Time to tie up your boot straps, and wade on in.

PLEASE keep the lines of communication open and information flowing!

Many things to fix, as many to finish, (Guilds fall into both of those) - but all in all after 7 years, I am still playing and still enjoying this game.

Upstarts like NWO can come and go - but they are only pretenders (ok - more like DDO for dummies).

To the players - lets give him a chance before trolling and flaming him - before sending in the dragons to tear apart his office.

To all - have a lovely holiday weekend!

Community Member TheNameIwasntB4's Avatar

Default Welcome and good luck

eom
    April 2013 - Manager Meeting - New Forums, WOW!! We just had over 90% new players join!!

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by debo View Post
    Since this ties in to your #6 answer, I was wondering if you care to share your feelings on how the epic item/seal/scroll/shards are implemented.

We have a seal, shard, scroll item system. We have a 2nd system that allows scroll swapping. We have a 3rd system that gives us epic items instead fully bypassing the seal/shard/scroll system depending on difficulty of epic being done.
    Do you feel those 3 systems are done in there current form or will those 3 systems combine or change to 1 full system throughout the game.
    For me it seems each time an idea for an update comes along and this system is constantly changing, it makes it seem sloppy, which is why alot of us see it as 3 completely unfinished stagnant systems.
    It's actually 4 Epic systems, since you forgot that post-MOTU, items were given a Normal/Hard/Elite version.

And yes, I think this is a prime example of something that needs to be streamlined to one system across the board. I made the suggestion when 4th Epic item system was added, update 15 I believe, that all original epic items should be given a Epic Normal/Hard/Elite version. Then give players a barter box to trade in the shards/seals/scrolls for the epic items:
    * Epic Normal -- base item + one of the following: a shard, seal or scroll of base item
    * Epic Hard -- base item + two of the following: a shard, seal or scroll of base item
    * Epic Elite -- base item + all three shard, seal and scroll of the base item
    Then remove all shards, seals and scrolls from dropping and replace them with the new Epic items. Once this is done to all of the original Epics, it would pretty much end the stupidity of the current Epic item system... except for the removal of the Epic Tokens from new Epics and the inclusion of Commendations in its place...and god knows what else in the next update(s).

Hello!
    Q: What is your favorite edition of D&D?A: AD&D 1st Edition, although I started with the red box “Basic” set..
    Red box, too funny (young'un)Welcome aboard.

Concerns from an old fart;

1) proper balancing of classes

2) proper balance on loot (MotU) thew raids and GS crafting in the toilet.

3) Get back to content designed with some challenge for all classes, raids with more than one room, expanding Eberron content. (we know FR content is flavor of the day at HQ, but MANY players like a steam-punk setting as well) CitW raid is too straight forward melee compared to older raids fyi

4) Guild decay & housing needs some serious attention

5) Enhancements.............

6) shackle Solar Drawing to a chair, and don't let him near any more loot design

7) BUY don't rent any goalie equipment for these boards, you'll need it.
    Last edited by ferd; 07-01-2013 at 05:31 PM.

Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast