Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Looks like player activity is at an all-time low here

Is it just me, or does anyone else notice how scarce player involvement is in this beta? I recall massive feedback from the community in the previous years. Kinda lifeless...
    Cetus Heroic Lives: #32/32 | Epic Completionist: #20/24 | Iconic Lives: #6/6
    Cetusz - Pure Sorcerer: Heroic Lives: #24/24 | Epic Lives: #6/12 | Iconic Lives: #1/3
    YouTube Channel HERE
    Argonnessen's DEGENERATE MATTER

Founder
    2015 DDO Players Council

I think the problem is that many are logging in only long enough to reset their enhancements and basing their opinions on only what they see against the kobolds in the dojo instead of taking them out into a quest. The proposed stealth change probably scared a lot of people off thinking "what's the point when they are going to do whatever they want anyways."
    The Great Gnome Conspiracy was here!

Uber Uber Completionist
    2014 DDO Player Council
    Scotland - where the dwarf accents come from

Or maybe it's just that the server's supposed to be getting taken back down today so people have already been in for a quick look at the new 6 class tree options, maybe noticed that all Class core abilities have been reduced to 1 AP each, checked their pet peeve from the alpha and noticed that it's not been changed then logged off again?

I would like to see the server left up for the rest of the week so that we can get more time to run quests rather than just playing around with enhancements in the dojo.

Opening it up on the 28th then taking it down 3 days later hardly gives time for proper feedback, especially with the launcher issues that still seem to be causing problems for people.

Community Member

I managed to run my rogue through some quests in Lam, and I rather enjoyed most of the changes. I did grumble at having to spend a point in Assassin core just to up my SA, but there are new things that more than make up for it.

Besides, it's fun to shave a hobgoblin without it even realizing it is suddenly bald.
    http://myaccount.turbine.com

Je ne suis pas
    DDO Alpha Tester

You think they really want our feedback?

"Bug report it" = "bugger off."

Default amen my brotha

hit it on the ail
    Quote Originally Posted by Teh_Troll View Post

I feel kinda stupid and gullible about it, kinda like the abused spouse who goes back when the other says things are different only to watch things fall back into the same patterns all over again... but I have a little hope that maybe they are listening now? Sounds like a lot of restructuring has gone on in the ranks (more than has been made public) and maybe the people steering the ship are listening this time.

Maybe we matter. Maybe bug reports can be submitted bring about fixes. Maybe.
    A PUG is like a box of chocolates
    Get people to read your post.

Cetus what's the point of playing on Lamannia when, after a dozen of pages of how bad the Sorcerers enhancements were, how we deserve one more PrE, how the savant all looked similar, they went and not only nothing changed, but they nerfed them even more?
    Quote Originally Posted by Rys View Post
    Severlin and Severlin Online. PLAY FOR FREE* NOW!

*maybe
    Farwil, Chaos Gamblers - Argonessen.

Quote Originally Posted by Wizza View Post
    Cetus what's the point of playing on Lamannia when, after a dozen of pages of how bad the Sorcerers enhancements were, how we deserve one more PrE, how the savant all looked similar, they went and not only nothing changed, but they nerfed them even more?
    Fair points....sigh

At least some of us can say we tried
    Cetus Heroic Lives: #32/32 | Epic Completionist: #20/24 | Iconic Lives: #6/6
    Cetusz - Pure Sorcerer: Heroic Lives: #24/24 | Epic Lives: #6/12 | Iconic Lives: #1/3
    YouTube Channel HERE
    Argonnessen's DEGENERATE MATTER

Community Member

sadly this.

the only point of lamania is to see how badly the devs are about to break everything.

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by Galeria View Post
    I feel kinda stupid and gullible about it, kinda like the abused spouse who goes back when the other says things are different only to watch things fall back into the same patterns all over again... but I have a little hope that maybe they are listening now? Sounds like a lot of restructuring has gone on in the ranks (more than has been made public) and maybe the people steering the ship are listening this time.

2014 DDO Players Council Flavilandile's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Cetus View Post
    Is it just me, or does anyone else notice how scarce player involvement is in this beta? I recall massive feedback from the community in the previous years. Kinda lifeless...
    Almost no change between Pass 1 and Pass 2. ( and no Divine Disciple Tree is not a change, it was not active in Pass 1 [ probably unfinished ] but it was there )
    Impending Epic Fail TR.
    Bug Report Tool broken from In game
    No effect after Feedbacks for so long it's almost difficult when is the last time any Feedback had an effect...

Add all that, pour a bit of NWO, mix and you have the result.
    On G-Land : Flavilandile, Blacklock, Yaelle, Millishande, Larilandile, Gildalinde, Tenalafel, and many other...

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by fourrumtest View Post
    sadly this.

the only point of lamania is to see how badly the devs are about to break everything.
    My fear exactly. The change from the previous version -- up to six class trees instead three, spell power to skill points -- are the kind ad hoc, improvised changes that should be considered the hallmark of a "paradigm crisis." (Apologies to T.S. Kuhn.)

Community Member

... and btw, the edit post is broken for some of us. Another sign impending doom?

Founder

We had a ton of active feedback when they first previewed....

Then mid preview we went into posts will be wiped mode.
    Then they performed a forums downgrade.
    Then they threatened to wipe EDs on TR (then came up with a tweak to wiping them).
    Then they repreviewed with minimal changes from the first preview....

They can write a textbook on how to kill enthusiasm. You can always hope they listen some.

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by Andu_Indorin View Post
    ... and btw, the edit post is broken for some of us. Another sign impending doom?
    Maybe right-click the Edit button, and open in new tab. Works for me.
    http://myaccount.turbine.com

Je ne suis pas
    DDO Alpha Tester

Quote Originally Posted by Lerincho View Post
    "what's the point when they are going to do whatever they want anyways."
    pretty much that
    PS: Greensteel RUINED the game! and you all know it!
    less buffing, more nerfing!!!
    to make it easier for those of you that wants to avoid me in game, all my characters are in "Bladesworn Mercenaries"

Quote Originally Posted by Galeria View Post

Thing is I think overall this is a good system, I especially like how the modulare nature of this allow them to pop new ENH lines if without recreating the wheel, the issue is with some of the particulars.

Some of the particulars, rangers not getting any devotion for example, are just plain terrible. What got me on Lamania is Vargoulle wouldn't answer any questions on if something was working as intended. it was as if he was a BOT with a script. When players pinned him on anything he'd say "bug report it" but wouldn't answer any inquiries as to if something we were discussing actually was a bug or if it was working as intended.

Seriously, he seemed incapable of giving a straight answer and that doesn't breed any faith.

If they made a few simple changes we'd have the makings of a great system here, but they need to make those changes.

What baffles me is that, based on the overwhelmingly negative response to the ENH preview... and how dreadful everything looks on paper... it seems Turbine would take notice and improve it.

If these things make it to live, it WILL kill the game. Player activity is steadily dropping, and when almost everybody sees that they have no choice but to TR or have an unplayable, gimped-as-hell toon? They'll say "Nawwww, I'll find greener pastures." Especially since the pass as it stands now will actually ruin several whole CLASSES. Love playing your barbarian or your sorc? Too bad, those classes will no longer be viable after the ENH pass.

It's still in alpha so I am not hitting the panic button yet, but they need to get on the ball with improving these things. It cannot make it to live in this condition or there will not be a community left to protest it.

EDIT: This is also not to mention how many RACES got screwed too. Half Orc Barbarians get the shaft from BOTH ends with the pass-- the HO racial tree is horrible.

To get back on topic-- many people see how horrible these things are in alpha and it kills their desire to do anything in this game because Turbine's track record with using player criticism to modify things isn't great. The only instance I can think of where they changed something from Lam was the Madstone Boot fiasco. Why bother testing when they're going to disregard you? Why even bother PLAYING when in two months all your work on your precious toons will be for naught as they become unviable past midway through heroic levels?
    Last edited by djl; 07-02-2013 at 09:55 AM.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast