Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Stone of Change versus Repeating Heavy Crossbow

Hey gang,

I did a search for this, but something must be wrong with the search function, because I'm not getting relevant answers.

So I stuck my heavy repeater into a Stone of Change along with a pile of Khyber Dragonshard fragments, making sure the crossbow was unlocked and not equipped. I pushed the cruncher button, and....Nothing happened. The cruncher crunched, then failed to attune/bind the weapon to me.

Am I not allowed to attune/bind a repeating heavy crossbow for some reason? I don't think I've ever attuned a ranged weapon before, is it disallowed?
    The locus of my identity is totally exterior to me.
    "On my business card, I am a corporate president. In my mind, I am a game developer. But in my heart, I am a gamer." - Satoru Iwata

DDO Character Planner (Version 04.25.03) (Preview Screenshot) - Now with Warlocky goodness!
    Let's Play DDO!! - My attempt to video document a FULL runthrough of DDO, completionist style (Currently working through level 3 quests)

I just bound a Heavy Repeating Crossbow a minute ago. Nothing unusual, just placed it in stone of change with khyber dragonshard fragments. It's BTA randomly generated if it matters.

Really? Hmmm. Mine is definitely not working, just tried it again.

+1 Repeating Heavy Crossbow of Lacerating (Slicing/Bleed)

It's a BtC weapon, but it is not attuned. I even tried applying the Force Damage Ritual on it, but it won't apply.
    "On my business card, I am a corporate president. In my mind, I am a game developer. But in my heart, I am a gamer." - Satoru Iwata

DDO Character Planner (Version 04.25.03) (Preview Screenshot) - Now with Warlocky goodness!
    Let's Play DDO!! - My attempt to video document a FULL runthrough of DDO, completionist style (Currently working through level 3 quests)

Daft question but did you have enough Khyber shards to do it with? You probably did have enough but it's the only thing I can think of

Stoner81.

Community Member

To add to Stoner's comment, are you sticking 400+ shards in it? There was a bug a while back where no-ML items were requiring 400 shards. Not sure if fixed...

trying to add a Ritual to a Non-Bond item will fail so the force ritual attempt was doomed to fail.

The only thing that I could see as being the problem is the quantity of the Khyber Dragonshards. I generally stick a pile of 1K to 2.5K in knowing that not all will be used but it will be covered.

Plenty of shards. It's an ML2 item, so I'd only need four. I stuck in about 250 or so (my entire stack). I guess I could try again when I have a full 400, but it really shouldn't be necessary as I understand it.

Enoach: Yeah, I know. I only tried because it was a BtC item, so I figured perhaps the stone already considered it "Attuned" for some reason. It was a long shot, I know, and I didn't expect it to work. And it didn't

Is it because it's a named item? Can you do rituals on named items? I thought you could, but perhaps I am wrong about that.

Let's see if I can get this to work:

The item in question:

And the results....

This is the crossbow I attuned this morning. It's BTA because I obtained it from an Into the Deep end reward list. Sorry, I didn't see how many shard fragments were used.

Well, that's pretty similar to mine. I can't figure out if "Of Lacerating" is a randomly generated effect or if it is a named item effect (you cannot make an "Of Lacerating" shard in the Cannith crafting system). And in any event, that really shouldn't make any difference (especially since you were able to attune it). I wonder if the ML2 thing is not picking up, and it is requiring 400 shards rather than 4.

Founder
    2015 DDO Players Council

Quote Originally Posted by Ron View Post
    Well, that's pretty similar to mine. I can't figure out if "Of Lacerating" is a randomly generated effect or if it is a named item effect (you cannot make an "Of Lacerating" shard in the Cannith crafting system). And in any event, that really shouldn't make any difference (especially since you were able to attune it). I wonder if the ML2 thing is not picking up, and it is requiring 400 shards rather than 4.
    of Lacerating is a random effect. Named items can be attuned. I would try with a bigger stack of shards (purplish ones).
    The Great Gnome Conspiracy was here!

Quote Originally Posted by Lerincho View Post
    of Lacerating is a random effect. Named items can be attuned. I would try with a bigger stack of shards (purplish ones).
    Thanks Lericcho. I wonder why you can't make that shard in Cannith? It's a very useful effect, heh. Oh well, beside the point.

I'll try again with a stack of 400 shards once I have them. But why? ML2 items should only require 4, not 400!

Founder
    2015 DDO Players Council

Same reason you cannot do vorpal, disruption, banishing, or many other effects; broken/incomplete crafting system.
    The Great Gnome Conspiracy was here!

would def try 400 shards
    Last edited by Ttizz; 07-01-2013 at 12:14 PM.

wasn't there a bug that affects the binding ritual so it uses the maximium amount of shards to bind instead of the ML^2 forumula?
    still didn't get fixed i guess?
    PS: Greensteel RUINED the game! and you all know it!
    less buffing, more nerfing!!!
    to make it easier for those of you that wants to avoid me in game, all my characters are in "Bladesworn Mercenaries"

Community Member

Regardless of the minimum level you need 400. This sounds like the issue to me.
    CC Casting Druid: https://www.ddo.com/forums/showthrea...C-Summer-Build
    Shiradi Wiz Plan for 1st Lifers: https://www.ddo.com/forums/showthrea...r-First-Lifers
    U25 Patch 1 Dex Halfling Assassin Build: https://www.ddo.com/forums/showthrea...x-Assassin-1-0
    Warlock DC Caster: https://www.ddo.com/forums/showthrea...ld-Blast-Build

Several characters on Sarlona all starting with "Rand" in the Guild "Guardians of House Cannith". My main four characters are Randowl (18 rogue 2 artificer mechanic - hope to go back to DC casting some day), Randslar (Bard 14 / Fighter 4 / Rogue 2 Swashbuckler), Randek (Druid CC Caster 17/Fvs 3) and Randomall (Rogue 20 assassin).

Quote Originally Posted by BigSlugger View Post

That is a sweet xbow
    -Die (teh_troll's unofficial legal counsel)
    Captain’s Crew of Ghalanda
    Characters: Diemmak – Dimack – Dianotherday – Dieinafire – Elieath – Inonelite – Nowyoudie - LivenletDie - DIhard

Yeah, that was the problem. Binding the xbow required 400 shards rather than 4. Nothing like a bug that increases the cost of performing a ritual by two orders of magnitude

Founder

Yeah, that was the problem. Binding the xbow required 400 shards rather than 4. Nothing like a bug that increases the cost of performing a ritual by two orders of magnitude
    Yep, yet another bug that has been around forever. But bugs that remain unfixed forever are OK because I can get a flying cat pet :}

Quote Originally Posted by HAL View Post
    Yep, yet another bug that has been around forever. But bugs that remain unfixed forever are OK because I can get a flying cat pet :}
    Remember: Beneficial Bugs get fixed IMMEDIATELY.

Therefore- you simply need to "complain" about it in the right way....

(Ahem)

It's a GOOD THING you need 400 shards to bind a weapon. That beneficial bug unknowingly helps us get rid of all these shards that are taking up space in our packs. GOOD THING they don't do anything about that bug.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast