Thread: Henshin Mystic

Euro-Founder and Keeper Refugee Dexraven's Avatar

Default Henshin Mystic

I was playing with Hensiyn mystic over the weekend and i quite enjoyed it. It could do with some speed to stick enhancements and wis to damage/attack but overall i liked it, perhaps rolled into the capstone as it doen't follow the PrE's flavour at the moment.

Just an idea that i think would improve the flavour.

You are stuck with fire as a damage element, i'd like to see some savant style flexability on the element chosen.
    I'd like to see Riddle of fire, incinerating wave and cauldron of flame changed to Riddle of elements, elemental wave and elemental tempest.
    When you take riddle of elements you select an element and then all the other enhancements affected by the element, like ki bolt & Lighting the candle, follow this element; much like taking a sorc savant or draconic incarnation dragon type.

Elemental words already allows all element damage types to be augmented (its bugged, fire and ice vulnerability is swapped) so this change would make all the words useful dependant on Henshin Savant choice.

Just an idea, Dex
    Last edited by Dexraven; 07-01-2013 at 04:01 AM.
    Leader of the Unearthed Arcana

I would love to see a wisdom to-hit/damage mechanic for mystic. But, knowing the multitude of stuff monks get from high wisdom, it might be a bit overpowering. Seeing different elements would be nice, too, but that would require a lot of work to make everything a multiple enhancement selector, including the core abilities.

I can't wait to TR my acrobat into a mystic on live!

Community Member

They can let you pick an element with the 1st core and then use the said element for damage for the next core enhancements.

Hero

Quote Originally Posted by HastyPudding View Post
    I would love to see a wisdom to-hit/damage mechanic for mystic. But, knowing the multitude of stuff monks get from high wisdom, it might be a bit overpowering.
    Just the opposite: It would be suboptimal. Given the flavor of the tree, WIS for attack/damage would be limited to quarterstaves. Then you'd be doing less damage than a STR build because you don't gain 1.5 WIS bonus damage per attack like you do with STR.

If you have an acrobat on live, then take a closer look to the new acrobat enhancements. That tree is far superior than Henshin Mystic for quarterstaves.
    U19 Kensei: Centered Cleaver | TR Junkie Leveling Framework

~Ying~ (10 lives), ~Hamada~(9 lives), ~Vadanken~ (6 lives), ~Kobeyashi~ (10 lives)
    Over Raided of Orien, First Level 100 Guild

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by Carpone View Post
    If you have an acrobat on live, then take a closer look to the new acrobat enhancements. That tree is far superior than Henshin Mystic for quarterstaves.
    Except when it comes to Staff Training, Acrobats have to pay double the AP.

Hero

Quote Originally Posted by oradafu View Post
    Except when it comes to Staff Training, Acrobats have to pay double the AP.
    It's not a big deal. You're going to spend 32 AP into Thief-Acrobat for the tier 5 ability and picking up plenty of solid abilities along the way:

Thief-Acrobat (32)
    1 Acrobat
    2 Staff Training I
    3 Acrobatic III
    2 Staff Training II
    6 Quick Strike III
    6 Haste Boost III
    2 Staff Training III
    2 Strength I
    2 Staff Training IV
    2 Strength II
    2 any filler
    2 Staff Training V

By the way if you haven't submitted a bug for Way of the Patient Tortoise, then please do so. It's not providing bonuses at level 3 and 9. The more people that submit the bug, the higher priority it will be.
    Last edited by Carpone; 07-04-2013 at 11:17 AM.
    U19 Kensei: Centered Cleaver | TR Junkie Leveling Framework

~Ying~ (10 lives), ~Hamada~(9 lives), ~Vadanken~ (6 lives), ~Kobeyashi~ (10 lives)
    Over Raided of Orien, First Level 100 Guild

It isn't just way of the tortoise. All the animal paths are bugged in some way or another, except (maybe) badger.

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by Dexraven View Post
    I was playing with Hensiyn mystic over the weekend and i quite enjoyed it. It could do with some speed to stick enhancements and wis to damage/attack but overall i liked it, perhaps rolled into the capstone as it doen't follow the PrE's flavour at the moment.

Just an idea that i think would improve the flavour.

You are stuck with fire as a damage element, i'd like to see some savant style flexability on the element chosen.
    I'd like to see Riddle of fire, incinerating wave and cauldron of flame changed to Riddle of elements, elemental wave and elemental tempest.
    When you take riddle of elements you select an element and then all the other enhancements affected by the element, like ki bolt & Lighting the candle, follow this element; much like taking a sorc savant or draconic incarnation dragon type.

Elemental words already allows all element damage types to be augmented (its bugged, fire and ice vulnerability is swapped) so this change would make all the words useful dependant on Henshin Savant choice.

Just an idea, Dex

Thiiiiis makes me sad... Seriously, with Air and Water stance, I figured DDO's Henshin Mystics would have some focus on my favourite elements The only reason I was going to try one this time was because I figured it would be a genuine elemental warrior :P Fire is nice, but it shouldn't be the sole damage focus -_-

@Devs: Step up Henshin and round out it's focus elemental abilities or remake it to be something worth while, please. <3