Community Member

Default FvS trees - pass 2

Greetings

Like most posters I consider the Protection tree so far from usefull as to be impossible to rework without making a completely new tree.

On the other hand the AoV tree almost works well.

Two things in particular are missing though:
    1) An offensive SLA. Something that can be used from the middle levels and is still usefull if not great at the max level. Maybe a copy of Sunburst from the new cleric tree.
    2) HP enhancements. On Live a human fvs can get +30 hp from human and +40 hp from fvs yet on beta its down to +25 base and +15 from Protector tree. This obviously needs to be fixed as lowering hp by 30 is a significant reduction which certainly isnt warrented.

Quote Originally Posted by mikarddo View Post
    Greetings

Like most posters I consider the Protection tree so far from usefull as to be impossible to rework without making a completely new tree.

On the other hand the AoV tree almost works well.

Two things in particular are missing though:
    1) An offensive SLA. Something that can be used from the middle levels and is still usefull if not great at the max level. Maybe a copy of Sunburst from the new cleric tree.
    2) HP enhancements. On Live a human fvs can get +30 hp from human and +40 hp from fvs yet on beta its down to +25 base and +15 from Protector tree. This obviously needs to be fixed as lowering hp by 30 is a significant reduction which certainly isnt warrented.
    I agree. Also, I'd like to have a new tree for melee FVS. What happened with the Divine Avenger pre that Eladrin told us was basically finished 1.5 year ago?
    Proud officer of Spellbinders: http://spellbinders.shivtr.com/
    Lyrandar(EU)->Devourer(EU)->Cannith

Hero

Tier 1 Inquisition is terrible. When Greater Heroism is readily available from clickies, providing +3 Will save vs. Fear is a wallpaper ability. Also, +3 Intimidate for a Favored Soul doesn't make any sense when Intimidate isn't even a core skill.

Tier 1 Angelic Resistance is great, but requiring Inquisition and 2 AP per level relegates it to "too expensive to acquire".

Tier 1 Animus is a complete waste when you consider that your Archon will generate 10 Scourge stacks just fine by itself.

Tier 1 Scourge is awesome, as is Tier 2 Just Reward.

Tier 2 Articles of Faith is great flavor but is limited to very specific builds.

Tier 3 Spell Penetration needs to be 3 ranks. Only providing one rank compared to three on live is a clear nerf.

Tier 4 Crown of Retribution: Requiring this to cost AP means it won't be purchased by most players. It needs to be integrated into an existing core enhancement.

Tier 5 Unstoppable Magic: While I appreciate the option of getting 1 extra Spell Penetration compared to live, the tree is too top heavy for AP cost. Each tier needs to cost 1 AP instead of 2 AP.

Tier 4 Intense Faith/Tier 5 Zealous Faith: Pretty awesome.

Consider replacing Inquisition, Animus and Vengeful Magic with SLAs. Changing Vengeful Magic to be Divine Punishment SLA would fit the flavor and be desired by level 18 Favored Souls.
    Last edited by Carpone; 07-04-2013 at 11:46 AM.
    U19 Kensei: Centered Cleaver | TR Junkie Leveling Framework

~Ying~ (10 lives), ~Hamada~(9 lives), ~Vadanken~ (6 lives), ~Kobeyashi~ (10 lives)
    Over Raided of Orien, First Level 100 Guild

Community Member AylinIsAwesome's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Carpone View Post
    Tier 3 Spell Penetration needs to be 3 ranks. Only providing one rank compared to three on live is a clear nerf.
    Agreed.

Tier 4 Crown of Retribution: Requiring this to cost AP means it won't be purchased by most players. It needs to be integrated into an existing core enhancement.
    I probably won't take this on either of my favored souls. I don't find it that useful in questing, and there are only a couple of raids I use it in now, which to me isn't worth 2 AP.

Tier 5 Unstoppable Magic: While I appreciate the option of getting 1 extra Spell Penetration compared to live, the tree is too top heavy for AP cost. Each tier needs to cost 1 AP instead of 2 AP.
    Considering that we used to get the -2 Spell Resistance at the same as the Archon...yeah, this is a bit expensive.

I wouldn't mind it being 2 AP per rank though if the tier 3 Spell Penetration enhancements had a cost of 1 instead of 2 (with three ranks of course).

Consider replacing Inquisition, Animus and Vengeful Magic with SLAs. Changing Vengeful Magic to be Divine Punishment SLA would fit the flavor and be desired by level 18 Favored Souls.
    I'd like to see a Nimbus of Light SLA, and of course, Sunbolt (more light spells for the PrE focused on increasing Light spellpower would be awesome). Flame Strike would also make a good SLA at say tier 5; the pre gives bonuses to light and fire spells, so I think it would make sense for them to have at least one SLA that deals fire damage.

Hero

Quote Originally Posted by AylinIsAwesome View Post
    Flame Strike would also make a good SLA at say tier 5
    Flame Strike is too anemic for a tier 5 SLA. Fire Storm is more appropriate.

~Ying~ (10 lives), ~Hamada~(9 lives), ~Vadanken~ (6 lives), ~Kobeyashi~ (10 lives)

Divine Disciple is getting Flame Strike as T5 SLA ....
    On Thelanis: Hallelujah (Spellsinger) - Jerryrigged Juggernaut (caster FvS) - Sepulchral (Druid) - Chopchopchop (Warlock) - Alleyshadow (retired gimped monkcher). Formerly on Keeper : Misericordia (Thug) - Mumbo Jumbo (Battle Caster) - Infernal Can (WF Kinda Cleric) - Halleluyah (Melee Spellsinger).

Hero

Quote Originally Posted by Rusty_Can View Post
    Divine Disciple is getting Flame Strike as T5 SLA ....
    You can't make a terrible spell better by making it an SLA. It's mana cost isn't the issue.

Community Member AylinIsAwesome's Avatar

Yeah...pretty sure they'd never give us a level 8 spell as a SLA.

Still waiting for the, "Oops our bad, we forgot to enable the Divine Avenger tree. And that protection tree, it was an interns bad practical joke."... Bring it to life, and 'git'er done:

https://www.ddo.com/forums/showthrea...=1#post3716387
    Officer of the Platinum Knights of Cannith, Founder of the guild GHOSTBANE of Cannith
    Main - Death - Completionist and then some...
    Other Characters - Holy, Leap, War, Optimusprime, Intimitank, Lanfear, Can, Afkbiobrb, Garagesale, Leverpuller and many more