Hybrid View

Default Bugs are still not fixed. Wow.

Hello everyone,

I have returned to DDO and its forums one more time after a long 6 month leave. As a veteran P2P player, I have noticed a large drop in how much attention DDO has received as of late.

Two major factors to my absence is the lack of player base (which can be fixed by server merges) and the many small bugs throughout the entire game. The player base is tolerable I suppose, but there are way too many bugs. Most of which only require, more or less, simple fixes.

I am a little perplexed and disappointed by this because I believe DDO is THE best mmo out there (even compared to the newest mmo's).

Anyway, I just wanted to throw out my thoughts and state that I have decided to never play DDO until I see an honest effort to fix these annoying and build breaking bugs.

Cheers.

Quote Originally Posted by jsm123 View Post
    Hello everyone,

I have returned to DDO and its forums one more time after a long 6 month leave. As a veteran P2P player, I have noticed a large drop in how much attention DDO has received as of late.

Two major factors to my absence is the lack of player base (which can be fixed by server merges) and the many small bugs throughout the entire game. The player base is tolerable I suppose, but there are way too many bugs. Most of which only require, more or less, simple fixes.

I am a little perplexed and disappointed by this because I believe DDO is THE best mmo out there (even compared to the newest mmo's).

Anyway, I just wanted to throw out my thoughts and state that I have decided to never play DDO until I see an honest effort to fix these annoying and build breaking bugs.

Cheers.
    Well, a vast amount of bugs have been fixed, and some high visibility bugs are on the list of upcoming fixes. The common perception is that "nothing" is being fixed because some particular bug or another that is high on MY list or YOUR list of priorities hasn't been addressed, but that perception is not the reality.

The fact is that all games have bugs. The fact is that DDO is still the best AND most fun MMO out there, bar none, despite any and all bugs that still plague us.

I'm not saying that you're not frustrated, sure, many of us are. But for most of us the fun factor still far outweighs the frustration. We can accept the handful of bugs that may be affecting our particular build and just carry on.

So if as you say you believe DDO to be the best, then it seems wrong to "throw the baby out with the bathwater."

Me, I'm gonna keep playing.

Quote Originally Posted by BOgre View Post
    So if as you say you believe DDO to be the best, then it seems wrong to "throw the baby out with the bathwater."
    Yeah, I guess you're right. The thing is though that they have a list of all the bugs that have been found and reported. One bug in particular has, though not completely, broken one of my builds. The build that I spent months working toward.

It may sound really whiny (and to be honest, I think it is) but it's something I just can't help. Here it is. The Conjure Bolts scrolls. These scrolls were a major part to my build; but, as is, they are only useful for inscribing on an Artificer and nothing more. I dealt with it through 13 levels in hopes it would be fixed soon, but it has never happened.

It's been about 2 years since U11 was released and still nothing. If I could have one thing done with my 30 dollars that I was paying every 3 months, it would be to fix that single bug. It just annoys me that so many bugs have been left unchecked for years.

There should be a system set in place that gives bugs a time-frame for when they need to be fixed depending on the date the bug was discovered. This way everyone knows that their problem bug will actually be fixed and about how long to expect.

My brother also had a bug that majorly broke one of his builds and he stopped playing for the same reason.

I currently do not play an mmo. Other mmo's are just too dull and have no depth. So, I will wait and check back in every month or so.
    Last edited by jsm123; 06-30-2013 at 06:16 PM.