Default A few questions!

1. Is there anyway to get to old links from old version of forums? Its very annoying trying to search for something and you get the "404" code error.

2. I want to make a GS Rapier and was wondering what suggestion people have, it will be for my main who will be splashing rogue into builds as I TR.

3. Epic destinies is kinda new to me, last life I did not have Eveningstar, so my destinies I thought did not really kick in. But now that I have the pack, it seems Im on the magistrate (guessing on name but was for my past wizard life), which does not really go with my current build so much. How can I switch it to something more usefull to me?

Quote Originally Posted by jfgddo View Post
    1. Is there anyway to get to old links from old version of forums? Its very annoying trying to search for something and you get the "404" code error.

2. I want to make a GS Rapier and was wondering what suggestion people have, it will be for my main who will be splashing rogue into builds as I TR.

3. Epic destinies is kinda new to me, last life I did not have Eveningstar, so my destinies I thought did not really kick in. But now that I have the pack, it seems Im on the magistrate (guessing on name but was for my past wizard life), which does not really go with my current build so much. How can I switch it to something more usefull to me?
    The 404 error has to do with the fact that the old forums are gone so the path to the information is no longer accurate. Most of the old forum's data is preserved in the new forum but the path to the information is changed. I doubt that the broken links will ever get fixed as it means going into every message and working out the link -- something the is simply impractical on so many levels. Given the the forums are fan-driven it isn't even Turbine's responsibility. So, while frustrating, it is just what it is.

Regarding greensteel rapiers, opinions will vary. Personally, I like radiance as a good all-around weapon. But, there are reasonable arguments to be made for triple positive and lightning strike as well.

If you are on the magister ED it almost certainly means that you talked to the ED trainer and selected that destiny at some point in your previous life. The only way to get to something more useful is to walk over to it by earning enough XP and gaining sufficient levels in magister to unlock the pathways. This is not a huge disaster since you need 3 levels in the ED to open up adjacent destinies in the same branch and 4 levels to get across at the bridge destinies. And, eventually, you'll want to unlock all of the destinies anyway because this is how you get the fate points needed to enable twists. So, don't sweat it if the destiny isn't ideal. Just go ahead and earn the XP to path around until you get where you prefer to be.

Yes. Go to the old link and in the url change the /en/ part of it to /forums/

Then hit enter again.

Min 2 is keen by default if you don't have the Imp Crit feat, and it is a good DR breaker. Lit 2 for dps, though I hear a lot of rogue make Radiance for the blinding effect. I guess it would matter how much sneak attack you will be dishing by lvl 12 with just a splash.

Either a short/long grind through other destinies or a single/set of keys from the Store to unlock a path. You must reach either lvl 3 or lvl 4 in a destiny to unlock those surrounding. So it really depends on what you want. (For future reference, I believe you can choose to not select an initial destiny on a character prior to TRing and then get the destiny related to a later life by selecting a destiny then.)

well, yes and no on old forum links. Basically all one needs to do is change following:

http://www.ddo.com/en/showthread.php?t=389838
    to
    https://www.ddo.com/forums/showthread.php/389838 (yes extra topic related text is NOT needed)

so.. basically just plain redirect in old showthread.php pointing to new one. it must be hard to to considering current state of the forum.
    Amazing, they actually managed to fix forum account post count and stuff without me bug reporting it!
    O.o there is hope out there yet!