Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by Philibusta View Post
    Endgame endgame endgame endgame endgame endgame endgame.

Why are people so obsessed with this?

Starting to sound like WoW around here.

So if endgame's all that....so you get to endgame...and you do what? play it till you cant get anything out of it....then you TR...then you....what? Go back to lvl 1 and...run the saaaaaaaaame old quests youve been running for years just to....get back to endgame again.

High time some fresh low-level and mid-level content was put into this game. Thats probably the reason so many people are so high on "endgame" stuff. The only new content that comes out is for higher and higher-level characters.

I'd say "you're too much in a hurry to get to the end, you forget to enjoy the trip"...but I guess it is kindof hard to enjoy the trip, when its the same trip youve been on so many times. We NEED more low and mid-level content.
    That is your own personal view, nothing else. "Since everyone's else is doing it wrong, please add what I want first!"

Community Member

DDO is like a ride in an amusement park. And when you choose to go on it you think it's real because that's how powerful our minds are. And the ride goes up and down and round and round. It has thrills and chills and it's very brightly coloured and it's very loud and it's fun, for a while.
    Some people have been on the ride for a long time and they begin to question: "Is this real, or is this just a ride?"
    And other people have remembered, and they come back to us, they say: "Hey, don't worry, don't be afraid, ever,
    because this is just a ride."

your friend sil

Quote Originally Posted by WruntJunior View Post
    I'm getting quite tired of the MMO market as a whole..thinking I'll give ESO a try (preferably without spending money), but quite honestly, I'm finding the MMO market as a whole pretty lacking.
    If you really think about it, it's pretty normal to get bored of playing the SAME game for a couple of years straight...

I highly suggest taking 1-2 week breaks every 3 months and playing a completely different genre (not a different MMO). Real-time strategy like StarCraft 2 or Warcraft 3, First-Person solo shooters with a good story like Mafia 2 or Max Payne 3, or multiplayer FSP like Left4Dead2 or Battlefield....

Couple of nice things about playing a story video game... There's a definite ending, and for once, you can pause a game when the wife needs something (nothing gets wife agro like saying "But honey, these 11 total strangers NEED me... I'm the only healer!")

After a 2 week break, coming back to DDO is a breath of fresh air. I recommend TRing slow, and hitting as many different quests possible... I can't imagine NOT getting burned out running the same 20 quests 10 times each in a week, then immediately turning around and doing it again. And again. (Not saying you do this).

In the mean time, Path of Exile is keeping me well entertained, as well as the new Tiny Tina DLC for BL2, and a decent backlog of Steam games (especially because of humble bundles, this backlog grows faster than it shrinks)...but I do quite miss the really fun time of DDO (specifically, how the game was before u14, where some of my favorite components of the game functioned - for example, AC mattered).
    Ah, good... take a good break, then come back and see how you feel.

I've seen a LOT of dev posts in the last week that are pretty positive.
    Quote Originally Posted by Teh_Troll View Post
    We are no more d000m'd then we were a week ago.
    Quote Originally Posted by Eth View Post
    When you stop caring about xp/min this game becomes really fun. Trust me.
    Quote Originally Posted by Gary_Gygax
    No single character has all the skills and resources needed to guarantee success in all endeavors; favorable results can usually only be achieved through group effort. No single player character wins, in the sense that he or she defeats all other player characters; the goal of the forces of good can only be attained through cooperation, so that victory is a group achievement rather than an individual one.

I'd say "you're too much in a hurry to get to the end, you forget to enjoy the trip"...but I guess it is kindof hard to enjoy the trip, when its the same trip youve been on so many times. We NEED more low and mid-level content.
    And I'd say who the hell are you to judge how anyone else plays a video game?

once you've done ANY quest once it's all meta-gaming. The smarter amongst us just get bored quicker.

I'm still here because it's still fun, my sub is paid, and though end-game is boring as sin TRing is still fun (for now, until the devs kill that to).

Regarding bugs, I usually find enough "possitive" bugs to make up for the negative.

once you've done ANY quest once it's all meta-gaming. The smarter amongst us just get bored quicker.
    So, intelligence breeds ennui without novel, external stimuli? That doesn't sound right. Shouldn't superior intellectual capacity foster creativity thereby making even the most mundane of activities capable of igniting interest, pleasure or mirth? Surely the dull-witted are more susceptible to boredom as they have so few tools with which to construct an internal source of amusement.
    The newest computer can merely compound, at speed, the oldest problem in the relations between human beings, and in the end the communicator will be confronted with the old problem, of what to say and how to say it. - Edward R. Murrow (1964)

Quote Originally Posted by sebastianosmith View Post
    So, intelligence breeds ennui without novel, external stimuli? That doesn't sound right. Shouldn't superior intellectual capacity foster creativity thereby making even the most mundane of activities capable of igniting interest, pleasure or mirth? Surely the dull-witted are more susceptible to boredom as they have so few tools with which to construct an internal source of amusement.
    The smarter mouse makes it's way through the maze faster.

We've been playing this for years . . . 3.5 for me at least. been there, done that, done it again and again with TRing.

Streaking makes TRing less monotonous but even so it is the same thing over and over again.

And don't get me wrong, it is fun.

But "new" stuff is funner.

It's why I wish Turbine would just keep making new content, like a new pack every 6 weeks. Start population the lower levels for FR play, or something. Content is what Turbine is best at, they really are. Most of the quests in this game are awesome.

We need more content, we don't need them fixing systems that aren't broken.

Endgame endgame endgame endgame endgame endgame endgame.

Why are people so obsessed with this?

Starting to sound like WoW around here.

So if endgame's all that....so you get to endgame...and you do what? play it till you cant get anything out of it....then you TR...then you....what? Go back to lvl 1 and...run the saaaaaaaaame old quests youve been running for years just to....get back to endgame again.

High time some fresh low-level and mid-level content was put into this game. Thats probably the reason so many people are so high on "endgame" stuff. The only new content that comes out is for higher and higher-level characters.

I so agree with you. You can start with an alternate version of Kothos. I hate having to start on that same island, and running the same quests.

Yeah, maybe you can skip the tutorial, but Harbor is still a little better when you're at least lvl 3.

Quote Originally Posted by bsquishwizzy View Post
    I so agree with you. You can start with an alternate version of Kothos. I hate having to start on that same island, and running the same quests.

Yeah, maybe you can skip the tutorial, but Harbor is still a little better when you're at least lvl 3.
    Lucky for you, the harbor will look different soon enough. So it will be new... kinda... sorta. (not)
    Magical Rings are well... magical. - Gandalf

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by Wanesa View Post
    Hi

talking about standards...

I still have some hope, that highter levels and dungeons will be less boring.
    Sorry to disappoint; this game is quite easy and the raid mechanics for the most part uninspired and "boring".

Says a lot about a game that the traps scare me more than the monsters.

TSW, WoW, EQ 1 and 2 and a host of others do raiding much much better.

Once you've done ANY quest once it's all meta-gaming. The smarter amongst us just get bored quicker.
    Or you can use this metagame knowledge to entertain yourself doing meta-ish stuff.

E.g.: On the last months my wiki contribuition kinda spiked. Hard. Because I'm trying to do my best to catch clean monster screenshots, using barely good enough (aka, I dont have disable maximized) trap skills to find out trap DCs, and carrying aroung varied weapon types just to determine a lot of monster DR values and alignment.

I'm not saying you should use this knowledge for wiki work only, because some people just don't have the mindset for this kind of editing. But you can work out in other ways. Play the ASAH game, challenge yourself to cap with only explorer zones, or by never run any quest more than once without any XP potions, or trying a gimp build just to see if you can make it work. Or teaching people how to run raids and challenging quests. Or soloing raids. Whatever.

Otherwise, you all are just people screaming that the game is too easy, without thinking that maybe you are just too good, or using cheap tricks. Not cheap tricks as in "exploits", but cheap tricks as "PS1's Final Fantasy Tactics' Blade Grasp". Just because something is in the game it does not mean it is actually fair or balanced.
    Amossa d'Cannith, Sarlona, casually trying Completionist (12/14) [<o>]
    Almost-never-played-alts: Arquera - Chapolin - Fabber - Herweg - Mecanico - Tenma

I want DDO to be a better game. Those are my personal suggestions on: Ammunition, Archmage, Combat Stances, Deities, Dispel Magic, Epic Destiny Map, Fast Healing, Favor, Favored Enemy, Half-elf Enhancements, Monk Kensai, Monk Stances, Past Life, Potency, Potions, Ranger Spells, Summons, Tiered Loot.

Forum Turtle
    2014 DDO Players Council

Quite simply because I am entertained for a minimum of 60 hours a month for the price of an hour and a half movie. I have met awesome and interesting people through the game. It has allowed me to talk to people around the world, and learn a little bit about them. I have great fun and a lot of laughter.

When those things are gone, then I'll stop liking and playing it.
    Turtel, Turtley Wrath, Tortoisse, Waterssong, Victerr Creed, Utahraptor, Velocaraptor, Minddancer, Loggerhead, Matamata, Sulcata, Ticerratops, Sierrann, Hankx, Shartelhane

Member of Highlords of Malkier! Help channel, everyone welcome in this channel!

Community Member

Default Another reason I can't leave

Is because I've got 5 or 6 toons that I'm keeping at 20+, cause I'm waitin on the higher lvls to TR them.

Community Member

DDO is a great game and really the only MMO of its type. Unfortunately the community seems to be in a slow decline and the community is a huge part of what makes an MMO great. Turbine have really harmed the community with the new forum and shafting MyDDO without an alternative.

I would also like to add that the two new free quests are very underwhelming. They are not even the same quality of most of the harbor quests. The "First it is free." school of marketing only really works if the first hit makes you want to come back for more.

Community Member

No point in leaving for me for a bit until Wasteland II drops, and after that, the new Torment (since I supported both via KS).

Cool

Quote Originally Posted by myliftkk_v2 View Post
    No point in leaving for me for a bit until Wasteland II drops, and after that, the new Torment (since I supported both via KS).
    What? There´s going to be a sequel to Planescape: Torment (best RPG ever, IMHO)?!!!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by CoasterHops View Post
    I have played other MMOs and the fact is this one seems to have easily the most diverse character planning and building and the most immersive combat of all those I have played.

These two reasons alone are enough for me not to go and play something else.

Factor in online friends and some other things and it's pretty easy to overlook the bugs. (Bugs are present in all the other games too)

I feel that Turbine need to look at reinvigorating end game raiding as well as some more end game content and start listening to the customers a bit more.

If turbine released a pack that was just 5 end game raids scattered across the forgotten realms I imagine we would see a large influx of old players.
    Yes and the word would spread and new players would also come.
    Argonnessen: Hilmir - Purkilius - Jinu - Vignir @ Blood Assassin´s

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by Nahiz View Post
    What? There´s going to be a sequel to Planescape: Torment (best RPG ever, IMHO)?!!!!!!!
    That was a most excellent game.
    Never got to finish it though.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12