Community Member

Default Prison of the Planes - disappearing orbs?

On three separate runs now (heroic elite) the power orbs disappear once placed into the receptors, before anything is pulled - the last run took 3 crystals on three separate receptors, until I ran out of any to complete the quest. New bug? :/ (Rather, really old bug back yet again?!)

edit: Ok, the bug seems to be related to artificer dogs - taking them and not triggering the lever, but the game thinking it was triggered. OR else the dog sometimes takes out the orb, because relog results in the orbs being where the dog was. (...)
    Last edited by locus; 06-30-2013 at 01:05 AM.

Yup the dogs can grab the orbs and then place them in the receptacles.

Hero
    2015 DDO Players Council

Quote Originally Posted by Satyriasys View Post
    Yup the dogs can grab the orbs and then place them in the receptacles.
    I've had hirelings do this to, you have to be careful what you have selected when you order them to pull the lever.

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by Krelar View Post
    I've had hirelings do this to, you have to be careful what you have selected when you order them to pull the lever.
    Yep, hirelings did this too but seem to have slightly better AI and screw up less than the dog*. Actually it was happening when I had the lever selected (it happens nearly all the time if nothing is selected - just takes it out and pockets the orb). They just wouldn't pull, so there seems to be a slight logic ... confusion at play too. At least dogmeat didn't swallow the orb ...

*I did a bunch of PoPs in a row, and a phantom version of the arti dog was at the very first lever for all future runs, even if I had the dog out. Could click on it and all.