2016, 2018 Player Council Member Ziindarax's Avatar

Default Bug report tool appears to be broken?

Went to report a bug ingame only to find the bug reporter tool telling me that the bug report tool is unavailable at this time.
    Ziind Stargazer - Level 12 fighter/6 Barbarian/2 rogue Half-Orc (Neutral Good) - Formerly a level 20 Paladin Human - Orien

Fernian Summer Carnival

Hero
    2015 DDO Players Council

Quote Originally Posted by Ziindarax View Post
    Went to report a bug ingame only to find the bug reporter tool telling me that the bug report tool is unavailable at this time.
    I don't even bother trying to report bugs in game anymore. The link at the top of the forums works for me at least.

Community Manager

Bug reporting is available through the web site ddobugs.turbine.com.
    Have fun, and don't forget to gather for buffs!
    Follow DDO on: Facebook Twitter Google+ Pinterest
    Join us on Twitch!
    Hello from Standing Stone Games! Facebook Twitter
    For Support: https://help.standingstonegames.com

Quote Originally Posted by Cordovan View Post
    Bug reporting is available through the web site ddobugs.turbine.com.
    Cordovan--First let me thank you for the external link to report bugs. Second, a suggestion for the in game bug reporter link. One of the biggest drawbacks with the bug reporter is the inability of the tool to pre-populate the important information--like Server, Character classes and levels in each, etc. While it does manage to capture character name and even locations in the world-(stuck locations). In addition, the ability for us to list another bug id from previous testing that has been listed as fixed but is not fixed.

I'm all for new content and fixing bugs; but getting bugs to the developers is time consuming and some auto-population of your fields via the in game bug tool would go a long way into getting better quality input from your beta testers. The less tiem they have to spend filling out paper work the more time they have to find other bugs to report.
    Leader Apocalyptic Knights Khyber
    Alts Dustia, Fierry, Divus, Serpins, Cognatio, Atrau, Leigharoy, Pinkish, Triturate (Ret.) Harragan, Cynderr, Ginnsu, Cyndder, Calagian, Gorthagus, Bluntaxe, Zarloc, Docbot