Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by Azarddoze View Post
    Since I lack the words to explain myself clearly i'll use a Poker expression. Your "Image" might have something to do with how you are being treated or accused. Not saying you're lying because I couldn't prove that but I wouldn't believe you either. It's just how it is, in all honesty. (My "image" could be even worse btw... for whatever it's worth)

Now if you are being offered ways to overcome your problems but prefer saying "it shouldn't be like that so i'll keep crashing instead of trying fixes"... Have fun, this is a useless attempt to rant.

From what I heard people switching from 32 bits to 64 have seen a major difference in crashes quantity. As for myself, did the switch when changing computer... so I can't really tell how it really is.
    IDC about image whatsoever, just the idea of it is pathetic and always baseless and biased, youre "image" of me is directly associated to a few posts where I proved you and many others wrong on a few things, self image is a fragile thing, rather than reflect on ones own actions and how you treat others, you become angry at the person who treats you likewise in response and proves you wrong, and then you look for posts they make and troll. That's the "image" ive gotten of you.

As I said, im running 64 bit, and the problems started at update 18 for me, if its so easy to fix it why don't one of you tell me how? This thread was an attempt to show a workaround.

Reinstalling windows is not something ill do each time ddo has a patch that screws it up, really? that seems like an intelligent option to anyone?

Quote Originally Posted by 01000010 View Post
    As I said, im running 64 bit, and the problems started at update 18 for me, if its so easy to fix it why don't one of you tell me how? This thread was an attempt to show a workaround.

Reinstalling windows is not something ill do each time ddo has a patch that screws it up, really? that seems like an intelligent option to anyone?
    I agree reinstalling windows is a poor resolution. However, I asked a number of questions that you haven't replied to. For starters, what did they say in your support ticket when you placed it? Also, a dxdiag report would help anyone reading this thread to become familiar with the system you are having this issue with. It would answer a lot of questions anyone that wants to help you would ask.

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by Marcus-Hawkeye View Post
    I agree reinstalling windows is a poor resolution. However, I asked a number of questions that you haven't replied to. For starters, what did they say in your support ticket when you placed it? Also, a dxdiag report would help anyone reading this thread to become familiar with the system you are having this issue with. It would answer a lot of questions anyone that wants to help you would ask.
    I appreciate how supportive you've been despite being partially on the other side of the fence here, but I don't think you understand my intentions.

First of all, I almost never report bugs. The system doesn't work all that often, and I actually suspect it can cause more problems in the game when it does work.

For example, I reported a bug today indirectly talking to an admin(theres a thread about it that's amusing). After that ticket was close within a few minutes ddo started going nuts and eventually required a soft reset for me to keep my sanity. Related? idk, but ive had a few similar occurences now.

What I do when I see a bug is I check the forums to see if others are as well, the login issue is a fine example, its happening to a lot of people, known bug that is severely annoying to put it lightly.

DXreport? I appreciate you trying to help, but this isn't an individual computer thing, many operating systems, many specs, this is known as well, im tired of wasting my time on stuff that absolutely should not happen in the first place, ive been vip for years, I pay them to make the game work, not for headaches.

The players have figured out neat workarounds for a lot of stuff, but we shouldn't have to use workarounds to make the game work.

Community Member

Well if you're going to totally discard the fact that it could be on your end as well as on Turbine's end (and i know you don't like that but : It doesn't happen to me anymore neither does it to all of the players so it can't be 100% Turbine unfortunately). As I said, i've had different issues that were fixed by changing my whole computer or at least replacing a couple parts (motherboard + video card + rams). I was getting frigging driver crashes that would take up to 1min black screen every single 10 secs because of overheating problems. That may be on Turbine's end but I don't feel like it's something they can change in a blink of an eye with a hotfix or a patch since it is the game itself that causes the problem. I guess I may be defeatist but I accept reality as how it is... and complaining will just not fix it by itself that's all I wanted to say. Fixing your comp might help on the other hand.

Also just wanna add: The day i'll get mad over an internet talk is probably never gonna happen, sorry. Just love discussions and pointing out when people acts poorly and maybe that makes me act poorly but whatever, it's never my intention.

Community Member

Default but..

"(and i know you don't like that but : It doesn't happen to me anymore neither does it to all of the players so it can't be 100% Turbine unfortunately)"

It is all on turbine when something that previously is working fine stops working for ANYONE due to changes MADE BY TURBINE, lol. Wether I could put ranch dressing on my video card and make it work again is besides the point.

If I had to redo my system occasionally for every game I play I wouldn't have time to play any games...

This is a silly argument.

EDIT:

I should add, that ranch dressing on the video card may not do it for some people, they may have to put 1000 island on there cpu or even completely reinstall there lettuce.

Don't get me started on incompatable olives every few patches.
    Last edited by 01000010; 07-01-2013 at 04:20 PM.

Community Member

"(and i know you don't like that but : It doesn't happen to me anymore neither does it to all of the players so it can't be 100% Turbine unfortunately)"

It is all on turbine when something that previously is working fine stops working for ANYONE due to changes MADE BY TURBINE, lol. Wether I could put ranch dressing on my video card and make it work again is besides the point.

If I had to redo my system occasionally for every game I play I wouldn't have time to play any games...

This is a silly argument.

EDIT:

I should add, that ranch dressing on the video card may not do it for some people, they may have to put 1000 island on there cpu or even completely reinstall there lettuce.

Don't get me started on incompatable olives every few patches.
    Well said sir, now have a good day. Hope that problem miracoulously disapears for you.

Scholar Of Adventure & Hero Missing_Minds's Avatar

Comprehension problem I guess.
    Yes, you clearly do have comprehension issues. I have stated several times that the program closing due to connection loss is not a crash. This will drop you back to windows as the game handles an expected condition and closes gracefully (again as stated, I hope.). Your response to that was "IDFC".

Clearly bluescreening is crashing, and you don't post any event logs to show clues as to the issue you face.

This is proof enough that you wish to rant and rave.

I have not called you a liar in any form. We are done.

First of all, I almost never report bugs. The system doesn't work all that often, and I actually suspect it can cause more problems in the game when it does work.
    You can't expect them to fix things if people don't report it to them.

http://support.turbine.com/ics/support/splash.asp

I always submit tickets for help through the website. Almost every ticket I've submitted has resulted in the issue being resolved by altering or adjusting on my system.

Quote Originally Posted by Missing_Minds View Post
    Do you seriously want me to give you a litinay of reasons which may or may not apply to your SPECIFIC case?

More directly, it is most likely that you, yourself, did nothing. However, the combination of use, other program behavior, Murpphy's law, and other things that happen outside your control and/or knowledge have in fact changed your PC such that you are now having issues. (Heck, for some people it could be helpful rebooting the router given the interaction some programs have with consumer boxes. Cryptic in game voice is notorious for causing issues.)
    Aka, it is not your "fault" but it probably is your "issue" to solve.

I have advocated that Turbine make the initial login with characters more robust to stave off this issue. But this takes their money which is probably why they haven't.

Seere: Some people have been fighting this for longer than U16.
    My guild has 13 people, every single one of them are getting first login dc, didnt get it before, but it is pc problem.
    So the fact that turbine changed something with their patch and people started crashing after the patch is our pc problem?
    We dont change anything on our pc, turbine changes the game, its still our fault.
    Makes sense, its never turbines fault.
    You have lag, get better connection, get better pc, you have bugs, get better pc, ladders are bugged,we better fix detect secret door.
    Turbine patches the game, I crash on first login, turbine patches again, I dont crash anymore, turbine patches now, I crash again, I must have done something wrong.
    Last edited by Ivan_Milic; 07-02-2013 at 09:05 AM.

First, if the application starts to connect, then terminates without an error screen or successful entry into the game, it is a crash. Period. You can try and justify it one way or another, but the fact is that if the application does not accomplish its task, and then just mysteriously terminates, it is a crash.

Secondly, a Blue Screen of Death typically shows up when you have either hardware or driver issues. Page faults usually indicate a bad driver (code in the driver reads from a bad pointer, and so on). Windows uses what is commonly known as “protected mode” on the processor. Likewise, programs in Windows run on several different rings – the operating system in the inner ring, user applications on the outer rig – and Windows handles a crash depending on what ring the faulty code is running. BSOD is usually indicative of code problems in the inner rings, and not on the outer ring area where DDO runs. So if you are getting a BSOD, an OS re-install - or at the very least, updating all of your drivers - is not a bad idea. On the application ring, it is fairly difficult to trigger a BSOD…not that it can’t be done, but it is a very uncommon occurrence. And yeah, I know how to do it…

Third, I have a person I run with who has this very same issue. It takes multiple attempts to log into the game. They never had this problem until the latest patch. What is most likely happening is that communications is initiated with the DDO server, but something interrupts the communication stream – like loading of some required object. This delays communication – which probably needs to be continuous – and triggers a timeout in communication. The underlying code either cannot resolve this, or makes the attempt to send information on a communications channel in a faulted state, and then exceptions out without posting a warning. You MAY be able to find the error in the Windows application logs my going to the Computer link on your Start menu, right-clicking the menu, and selecting the Manage option. From there select the Event Viewer, and look in the Summary of Administrative Events section under the Error entry, and look for any faults committed under the Last Hour column. Expand the Errors section under the .NET Framework entry. And see if it corresponds to the time DDO crapped-out. This is the information the devs need to look at the problem. If nothing exists, then it is a code issue, and not an exception being kicked off on their end due to some instability in the system.

My belief is that it is a communications issue as I’ve actually seen my buddy connect to G-land, actually show up in the group, and then DC without even acknowledging that he heard us or was aware that he connected. So, communications are active to an extent. Something forces what appears to be a communications time-out, and the DC occurs.

I’ve done this type of communications work for about 20 years now. This has all the hallmarks of some thread or something down deep in their code consuming an application’s time, and forcing a timeout either on the server or the client (or both). This should not be an issue with either 32-bit or 64-bit platforms, or the speed of the processor (although a faster processors definitely wouldn’t suck), or the amount of available memory (again, more memory wouldn’t suck). Your comms should work independent of the rest of the system so that your communications channel is reliable.

Anyhow, that’s my two-cents (with tax the bill comes to a buck twenty five).

Quote Originally Posted by bsquishwizzy View Post
    First, if the application starts to connect, then terminates without an error screen or successful entry into the game, it is a crash. Period. You can try and justify it one way or another, but the fact is that if the application does not accomplish its task, and then just mysteriously terminates, it is a crash.
    A crash is an abnormal termination caused by an unexpected issue.

Disconnection is an expected issue and the code is designed to handle it gracefully (one hopes), hence it is NOT a crash. Other wise, the game crashes when anyone loses connection to the server and that is not the case. Disconnection is a disconnection, it doesn't matter when. Do you claim your fax machine crashed when it couldn't dial someone? The application did not accomplish its task and then just stopped.

As for as your explanation about communication, you went into a lot more detail than I have in other posts but I agree with you. We've pretty much stated the same thing in so far as that goes.

Community Member

Default Amen

So, everyone saying this, lets call it "failure for the game contunue to run after it starts" is not turbines fault must be correct. Despite having broken no forum rules and having gotten no warnings or points my posts that give entirely valid and in my opinion bulletproof logic as to why we should not all just reinstall windows every time a ddo patch makes the game stop working keep dissappearing.

Since ive recieved no warnings at all and have broken no forum rules im aware of, these must not have been removed by a moderator, therefore discussing their removal is also not against the tos. I can only conclude that god has removed my posts because he/she knows them to be incorrect.

So i just want to recognize weve all witnessed a miracle!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Ivan_Milic View Post
    My guild has 13 people, every single one of them are getting first login dc, didnt get it before, but it is pc problem.
    So the fact that turbine changed something with their patch and people started crashing after the patch is our pc problem?
    We dont change anything on our pc, turbine changes the game, its still our fault.
    Makes sense, its never turbines fault.
    You have lag, get better connection, get better pc, you have bugs, get better pc, ladders are bugged,we better fix detect secret door.
    Turbine patches the game, I crash on first login, turbine patches again, I dont crash anymore, turbine patches now, I crash again, I must have done something wrong.
    What did Turbine say in the support tickets?

Quote Originally Posted by bsquishwizzy View Post
    My belief is that it is a communications issue as I’ve actually seen my buddy connect to G-land, actually show up in the group, and then DC without even acknowledging that he heard us or was aware that he connected. So, communications are active to an extent. Something forces what appears to be a communications time-out, and the DC occurs.
    While I'm not a fan of your definition of "crash". I agree with this. This is what is sounds like to me. Problem is, what's causing it? Everyone seems focused on pointing fingers than answering questions about it, which is unfortunate. I do enjoy a good malfunction.

Community Member

Okay, had a crash tonight. Event log info (OS is windows xp): system error, catagory: (102), event: 1003.

Community Member

Default What?

Quote Originally Posted by Gremmlynn View Post
    Okay, had a crash tonight. Event log info (OS is windows xp): system error, catagory: (102), event: 1003.

Thats no crash, everyone knows that to qualify as a crash a computer must hurl itself against the wall at a speed of no less than 30 MPH...

This would be classified as a program backfiring!!

Edit: I should also add that turbine has a flawless driving record, so dont try blaming this on them.
    Last edited by 01000010; 07-03-2013 at 03:54 AM.

Ok, I haven't read this whole thread, but I did have this issue and I used a solution from another thread about the same thing.

Quote Originally Posted by Wanesa View Post
    HDD seeking issue

Pick one solution:

1) Buy SSD
    2) Copy game to the USB stick (16GB is enough and it is cheap), run game form it.
    3) try cache preloader https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/...ddopreload.zip
    (extract file into client's root folder and run it instead TurbineLauncher.exe)
    I use the preloader, which this person linked above, each time I load the game now and it works every time. No disconnection now. It might ask you to run something the first time you use it, I forget what it's called but I goggled it and found via a lotro forum that it's something to do with microsoft C++ 2005, so I assumed it was safe and ran it. I've had no problems. Preloader ftw.
    Orien
    | Klorox | Suppressor | Vellien | Knost | & more |
    ~ Youtube ~ DDO Adventures ~

Quote Originally Posted by Gremmlynn View Post
    Just doing a search on "error catagory: 102" brings up a lot of 1003 events right off the bat. Most seem to be related with faulty memory (yes, your memory can go bad over time.) , with a few minor hits related to drivers and malware.

Quote Originally Posted by Marcus-Hawkeye View Post
    What did Turbine say in the support tickets?
    Nothing.

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by Azarddoze View Post
    Well if you're going to totally discard the fact that it could be on your end as well as on Turbine's end (and i know you don't like that but : It doesn't happen to me anymore neither does it to all of the players so it can't be 100% Turbine unfortunately). As I said, i've had different issues that were fixed by changing my whole computer or at least replacing a couple parts (motherboard + video card + rams). I was getting frigging driver crashes that would take up to 1min black screen every single 10 secs because of overheating problems. That may be on Turbine's end but I don't feel like it's something they can change in a blink of an eye with a hotfix or a patch since it is the game itself that causes the problem. I guess I may be defeatist but I accept reality as how it is... and complaining will just not fix it by itself that's all I wanted to say. Fixing your comp might help on the other hand.

Also just wanna add: The day i'll get mad over an internet talk is probably never gonna happen, sorry. Just love discussions and pointing out when people acts poorly and maybe that makes me act poorly but whatever, it's never my intention.
    The thing is, for me and possibly at least a few others, if rebuilding my computer is the only option to be able to play a game, I simply wont be playing that game. How big an issue this is for Turbine depends completely on how many the "possibly a few others" is.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast