Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Results 21 to 40 of 71
  1. #21
    Community Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Posts
    9,096

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Missing_Minds View Post
    You stated that you crashed 90% of the time not me. Therefore I am neither being sarcastic nor calling you a liar.

    And my response to that is that if you are actually crashing there would be an error code being recorded in Event History. What is it?

    Closing because connection is lost is NOT crashing. Crashing implies there is an unexpected issue arose and the program is being shut down to protect the system. Losing connection is an expected issue and therefore the program will close gracefully (We hope.) rather than just dumped.

    So now you have choices. Do you continue to rant and rave, do you list off the error code and the issue it states, or do you actually admit that the game isn't crashing on you. (Note I've never once stated that the game losing connection on login is not an issue.)
    How does one find the error code?

  2. #22
    Community Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Posts
    141

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Missing_Minds View Post
    But given the FACT that the majority of issues related to this are player PC dependent, it is unlikely that any manager at Turbine will give it the visibility/priority that it honestly needs.

    Turbine managers have huge issues that they do not fix highly visible bugs in any form of a timely manner.
    Frankly, Turbine, you should have monthly bug fixes. This is what your players EXPECT from you. (You can blame Microsoft.)

    This is the 3-4th thread complaining of log in problems.


    This is the 3-4 reply to the effect that Developers won't/can't/will not prioritize etc.


    There are plenty of things I regard as minor in game that, all things considered, I really do not care if they ever fix.



    TURBINE, YOUR PLAYERS ARE CRASHING TRYING TO GET IN AND PLAY YOUR GAME. THIS IS SO F&$()#* AGGRAVATING I DO NOT EVEN KNOW WHERE TO BEGIN TRYING TO EXPLAIN IT TO YOU.

    I WOULD THINK A BUG THAT PREVENTS PEOPLE FROM ACTUALLY PLAYING THE GAME WOULD GET SOME PRIORITY.


    STOP BLAMING PEOPLE'S PCs. THIS STARTED LAST UPDATE.


    FIX IT.

  3. #23
    Hero Marcus-Hawkeye's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    Earth
    Posts
    1,055

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Gremmlynn View Post
    How does one find the error code?
    Use the event log:
    http://windows.microsoft.com/en-ca/w...n-event-viewer

  4. #24
    Hero Marcus-Hawkeye's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    Earth
    Posts
    1,055

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Seere View Post
    This is the 3-4th thread complaining of log in problems.


    This is the 3-4 reply to the effect that Developers won't/can't/will not prioritize etc.


    There are plenty of things I regard as minor in game that, all things considered, I really do not care if they ever fix.



    TURBINE, YOUR PLAYERS ARE CRASHING TRYING TO GET IN AND PLAY YOUR GAME. THIS IS SO F&$()#* AGGRAVATING I DO NOT EVEN KNOW WHERE TO BEGIN TRYING TO EXPLAIN IT TO YOU.

    I WOULD THINK A BUG THAT PREVENTS PEOPLE FROM ACTUALLY PLAYING THE GAME WOULD GET SOME PRIORITY.


    STOP BLAMING PEOPLE'S PCs. THIS STARTED LAST UPDATE.


    FIX IT.
    Most issues end up being the users computer/setup. Otherwise nobody would be able to log in. I understand frustration, but "yelling and screaming" won't help. The last time I had login issues it ended up being a Microsoft issue with my .NET install. And when DDO wouldn't display properly on my screen, ended up being a Microsoft issue with Directx. My I suggest starting a thread and a support ticket about your issue if you haven't already?

  5. #25
    Community Member Ivan_Milic's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Thelanis
    Posts
    4,901

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Missing_Minds View Post
    But given the FACT that the majority of issues related to this are player PC dependent, it is unlikely that any manager at Turbine will give it the visibility/priority that it honestly needs.

    Turbine managers have huge issues that they do not fix highly visible bugs in any form of a timely manner.
    Frankly, Turbine, you should have monthly bug fixes. This is what your players EXPECT from you. (You can blame Microsoft.)
    I didnt change anything on my pc, was getting this first login dc after u16, stopped getting it when u17 came, after u18 getting it again.
    So explain how can this be my fault?

  6. #26
    Scholar Of Adventure & Hero Missing_Minds's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Location
    work....
    Posts
    30,347

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Ivan_Milic View Post
    I didnt change anything on my pc, was getting this first login dc after u16, stopped getting it when u17 came, after u18 getting it again.
    So explain how can this be my fault?
    Do you seriously want me to give you a litinay of reasons which may or may not apply to your SPECIFIC case?

    More directly, it is most likely that you, yourself, did nothing. However, the combination of use, other program behavior, Murpphy's law, and other things that happen outside your control and/or knowledge have in fact changed your PC such that you are now having issues. (Heck, for some people it could be helpful rebooting the router given the interaction some programs have with consumer boxes. Cryptic in game voice is notorious for causing issues.)
    Aka, it is not your "fault" but it probably is your "issue" to solve.

    I have advocated that Turbine make the initial login with characters more robust to stave off this issue. But this takes their money which is probably why they haven't.

    Seere: Some people have been fighting this for longer than U16.

  7. #27
    Hero Marcus-Hawkeye's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    Earth
    Posts
    1,055

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Ivan_Milic View Post
    I didnt change anything on my pc, was getting this first login dc after u16, stopped getting it when u17 came, after u18 getting it again.
    So explain how can this be my fault?
    To try to put it in basic terms, try to think of your computer as just a big long line of ones and zeros. Somewhere in that huge line of binary stuff, there is a 1 that something is expecting it to be a 0 (or vice versa). Something somewhere has changed that position to a 1 for some reason or another. Figuring out why that 1 was changed to a 1 is usually somewhat difficult considering the sheer number of possible causes. More often than not, it's figuring out how to change that 1 back to a 0 that is usually the difficult task.

    It is significantly more complicated than this but that's usually how I can get most people to understand. there are so many layers within a system that it's pretty much improbable that anyone can account for 100% of the issues. Where I work we aim for 95% and then resolve the remaining 5% manually. Unfortunately in this situation, that's the users responsibility as Turbine can't "fix" issues on your end.. It's not your fault, just the way complicated systems function. This is only compounded by the fact that the systems are constantly being changes and added to.

    I'll try to give you an example. Years ago I played (surprisingly enough) a Turbine game called Asheron's Call 2. Almost the entire time I played that game there were numerous spots in the landscape that always caused rubberbanding endlessly until you just went around the location. People complained about this issue for years. Turbine examined it a number of times. After a long, long time, they eventually figured out what the problem was. AMD processors (at least at the time) handled floating point calculations slightly differently than other processors. This caused the game engine to completely ignore trees and other obstacles that were in the landscape and never even realized they were there. So to the player, the field had nothing there, but the server knew a tree was there. Something so simple and low on the hardware level completely changed how the game was working...

    I hope this helps understand what's going on.

  8. #28
    Community Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Posts
    1,762

    Default Bs

    Quote Originally Posted by Missing_Minds View Post
    You stated that you crashed 90% of the time not me. Therefore I am neither being sarcastic nor calling you a liar..)
    Incorrect, taken in context as a reply to your post(which it was, obviously imo), I absolutely did not say I "crashed" 90% of the time. As you know, when I say crash, I mean when a program doesn't works and drops back to windows, don't like my definition? IDFC. Read it again if you still don't get it. 90% referred to how often the "crash" is simply closing due to connection loss, and again, that's unacceptable.


    Quote Originally Posted by Missing_Minds View Post
    And my response to that is that if you are actually crashing there would be an error code being recorded in Event History. What is it?
    Yeah...


    Quote Originally Posted by Missing_Minds View Post
    Closing because connection is lost is NOT crashing. Crashing implies there is an unexpected issue arose and the program is being shut down to protect the system. Losing connection is an expected issue and therefore the program will close gracefully (We hope.) rather than just dumped

    Oh, so ddo not working on first login of the day was on purpose then? I guess I assumed it was an unexpected issue that is shutting down the program... Do you notice how close that is to exactly what you said? If you are assuming turbine has made sure that everything is kosher when this happens you are a serious optimist bordering on someone in denial, thers been a mem leak from switching characters in the game for years... And again, I DONT CARE if you like my phrasing and or definition of the work crash.




    Quote Originally Posted by Missing_Minds View Post
    So now you have choices. Do you continue to rant and rave, do you list off the error code and the issue it states, or do you actually admit that the game isn't crashing on you. (Note I've never once stated that the game losing connection on login is not an issue.)
    The game is crashing, by both my definition and your own. Ranting and raving huh? And again calling me a liar. Not so cleverly disguised man. Because im in the position to know that the game has crashed on me, and im 100% sure its happened to others you look pretty silly with your accusations.

  9. #29
    Community Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Posts
    9,096

    Default

    I'd agree that it was a personal problem if half my guild didn't also have it. It's so common that hi...again is our running joke for double log-ins.

    That says to me that there is something with the game that makes it react poorly to many peoples systems, which is something I'd look into if I were running the game.

  10. #30
    Community Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Posts
    1,762

    Default Agreed, BUT

    Quote Originally Posted by Marcus-Hawkeye View Post
    Most issues end up being the users computer/setup. Otherwise nobody would be able to log in. I understand frustration, but "yelling and screaming" won't help. The last time I had login issues it ended up being a Microsoft issue with my .NET install. And when DDO wouldn't display properly on my screen, ended up being a Microsoft issue with Directx. My I suggest starting a thread and a support ticket about your issue if you haven't already?
    As ive stated earlier, I have this happening on 3 different computers, one is old, another is a new laptop, 3rd is a couple years old but with fairly maxed out processor, vid card etc.

    Each has a different operating system...

    Ive tried using 2 of the 3 on different internet connections.

    Its been a few years, but I used to write fairly complex programs, similar to doom. This was before windows basically, it existed, but no one ran it with games because the systems didn't have the resources.

    When creating a game, it is your responsibility to make sure it works on as many different setups as possible, if the computer meets min specs it should work, period. It used to be FAR harder to do this than it is now with the help of windows, dirx, .net.

    Im amazed anyone would argue that this should be addressed by individual users as prolific as it is, lol. To me its pretty obvious that turbine needs to make some changes to ensure the game works despite any slight variance in how a computer is set up windowswise.

    For the record, and I imagine its fairly obvious, I don't know that much about programming with windows, but as a programmer I can tell you that its unacceptable to not get your code working well on as many machines as possible. Back then we even went to the extent of using assembly routines to get the most out of the machines running the game, I highly doubt this would require anything so complex.

  11. #31
    Scholar Of Adventure & Hero Missing_Minds's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Location
    work....
    Posts
    30,347

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by 01000010 View Post
    The game is crashing, by both my definition and your own. Ranting and raving huh? And again calling me a liar. Not so cleverly disguised man. Because im in the position to know that the game has crashed on me, and im 100% sure its happened to others you look pretty silly with your accusations.
    *sighs and just shakes his head* Rant and rave it is then.

    As for a liar, that is all in your own head. I've never stated or even implied it once.

  12. #32
    Community Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Posts
    141

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Marcus-Hawkeye View Post
    Most issues end up being the users computer/setup.

    I do not have this 'issue' logging in to World of Tanks.

    I do not have this 'issue' logging in to Neverwinter.

    I do not have this 'issue' logging in to Star Wars.

    I do not have this 'issue' logging in to Rift.

    I do not have this 'issue' logging in to World of Warcraft.

    I did not have this 'issue' logging in to DDO until the previous update.



    Any kind of bug that prevents or inhibits players from getting in to the game is nuts.


    I chose to yell and scream because the other 4 threads, mostly polite, got nowhere.

    *shrugs*


    I repeat:


    STOP BLAMING PEOPLE'S PCs.


    FIX IT.

  13. #33
    Hero Marcus-Hawkeye's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    Earth
    Posts
    1,055

    Default

    Well then how do you explain why my account logs in just fine? I often quad box too, so that's four accounts on one machine that have no issue logging in all at the same time... If this were a wide spread turbine fixable issue, most people would be experiencing this issue. All technical issues I've run into with this game have all been solvable either on my end or my ISP side of things. And I've run into my fair share of problems. I also play other games too and have no problems logging into those games either. I have run into problems logging into other games when DDO was working fine too. In those cases it too was on my end of things.

    Suffice to say, Turbine would definitely be more capable of helping you discover the problem as they understand their own systems better than anyone else (youd figure at least). What did turbine say in your support ticket?

  14. #34
    Community Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Posts
    1,762

    Default hmm

    Comprehension problem I guess.

    You did in fact imply I was a liar, more than once. I guess ill break it down.

    you said: "So now you have choices. Do you continue to rant and rave, do you list off the error code and the issue it states, or do you actually admit that the game isn't crashing on you. (Note I've never once stated that the game losing connection on login is not an issue.)"

    I guess ill narrow it further...

    you said: " or do you actually admit that the game isn't crashing on you"

    Perhaps your definition of liar is similar to your definition of crashing and shifts its meaning as desired?

    My definition of calling someone a liar is saying that they have said something that was knowingly false, like if you said I claimed to have a bluescreen "crash" but you "know" I didn't, that would be calling me a liar based on my definition of the word(but im sure you have your own definition somehow).

    Maybe you define the word admit differently than the rest of the world, to me, admitting something means coming clean, telling the truth, something along those lines, so when you say "do you actually admit that the game isn't crashing on you", its not implying that I was lying about the game crashing, it is an accusation of lying.

    Clear enough?

  15. #35
    Community Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Posts
    1,762

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Marcus-Hawkeye View Post
    Well then how do you explain why my account logs in just fine? I often quad box too, so that's four accounts on one machine that have no issue logging in all at the same time... If this were a wide spread turbine fixable issue, most people would be experiencing this issue. All technical issues I've run into with this game have all been solvable either on my end or my ISP side of things. And I've run into my fair share of problems. I also play other games too and have no problems logging into those games either. I have run into problems logging into other games when DDO was working fine too. In those cases it too was on my end of things.

    Suffice to say, Turbine would definitely be more capable of helping you discover the problem as they understand their own systems better than anyone else (youd figure at least). What did turbine say in your support ticket?
    Cmon man, the old it works for me so it must be youre fault argument? I have zero problems with other games or the internet. The fact is other games make it a priority to make sure the game plays well, step one of that process would be to make sure it starts on first try, lol.

    On another thread about crateos bugging in snitch someone just used the same "argument" myou did, which was "I farm it and it never happens, so its not a bug, or you are causing the problem (by playing the quest?), or you are lying and it doesn't actually happen", That's ridiculous and offensive.

  16. #36
    Community Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Posts
    1,707

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by 01000010 View Post
    Comprehension problem I guess.

    You did in fact imply I was a liar, more than once. I guess ill break it down.

    you said: "So now you have choices. Do you continue to rant and rave, do you list off the error code and the issue it states, or do you actually admit that the game isn't crashing on you. (Note I've never once stated that the game losing connection on login is not an issue.)"

    I guess ill narrow it further...

    you said: " or do you actually admit that the game isn't crashing on you"

    Perhaps your definition of liar is similar to your definition of crashing and shifts its meaning as desired?

    My definition of calling someone a liar is saying that they have said something that was knowingly false, like if you said I claimed to have a bluescreen "crash" but you "know" I didn't, that would be calling me a liar based on my definition of the word(but im sure you have your own definition somehow).

    Maybe you define the word admit differently than the rest of the world, to me, admitting something means coming clean, telling the truth, something along those lines, so when you say "do you actually admit that the game isn't crashing on you", its not implying that I was lying about the game crashing, it is an accusation of lying.

    Clear enough?
    So where's that special formula to calculate DPS you said you came up with at one point but never showed because (add your 1001 reasons here)? Come on don't play the victim you're harsher than mostly anyone on the forum when you want.

    I wanna actually add on your other post as well. I've had SO MUCH problems with DDO while all the other games were working but fixing/switching computer has ALWAYS (that's 2 times over years) fixed the issues. What I have found through testing is that DDO uses crazy memory and this causes overheating in many cases. That overheating is usually the beginning of the problems: video driver crashes, blue screens, freezes, etc. Also if you are using the 32 bits version of DDO, you might want to upgrade to the 64 bits (think that's it) and that, in itself, will also help by a whole lot when it comes to crashing and various other issues.

  17. #37
    Community Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Posts
    1,762

    Default lol

    Victim? hardly. Special dps formula I came up with? No, I simply disproved some people saying they had failproof dps formulas.

    In this case and in the case of the dps formulas, all the ammo I needed to shoot them down was provided by the persons in question.

    I specifically said dps formulas DONT work, therefore I certainly don't have a special secret one, feel free to provide a link where I said I did, lol.



    Anyhow, 64 bit sytems, but whats it matter? This should not happen on a variety of systems as it does, no excuses.

  18. #38
    Hero Marcus-Hawkeye's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    Earth
    Posts
    1,055

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by 01000010 View Post
    Cmon man, the old it works for me so it must be youre fault argument? I have zero problems with other games or the internet. The fact is other games make it a priority to make sure the game plays well, step one of that process would be to make sure it starts on first try, lol.

    On another thread about crateos bugging in snitch someone just used the same "argument" myou did, which was "I farm it and it never happens, so its not a bug, or you are causing the problem (by playing the quest?), or you are lying and it doesn't actually happen", That's ridiculous and offensive.
    I never said it wasn't a bug. Just most likely a bug that Turbine doesn't have direct control to resolve. But you've obviously already made up your mind so I'll just leave it at that. I hope that a resolution comes available for you sooner rather than later. Good luck.

  19. #39
    Community Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Posts
    1,762

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Marcus-Hawkeye View Post
    I never said it wasn't a bug. Just most likely a bug that Turbine doesn't have direct control to resolve. But you've obviously already made up your mind so I'll just leave it at that. I hope that a resolution comes available for you sooner rather than later. Good luck.
    TY, I hope it gets fixed soon also, or everyone will notice its affect on the lfm screens.

    I firmly believe this is an issue turbine can resolve, the fact that it started at update 18 for many of us makes that rather apparent imo.

  20. #40
    Community Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Posts
    1,707

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by 01000010 View Post
    Victim? hardly. Special dps formula I came up with? No, I simply disproved some people saying they had failproof dps formulas.

    In this case and in the case of the dps formulas, all the ammo I needed to shoot them down was provided by the persons in question.

    I specifically said dps formulas DONT work, therefore I certainly don't have a special secret one, feel free to provide a link where I said I did, lol.



    Anyhow, 64 bit sytems, but whats it matter? This should not happen on a variety of systems as it does, no excuses.
    Since I lack the words to explain myself clearly i'll use a Poker expression. Your "Image" might have something to do with how you are being treated or accused. Not saying you're lying because I couldn't prove that but I wouldn't believe you either. It's just how it is, in all honesty. (My "image" could be even worse btw... for whatever it's worth)

    Now if you are being offered ways to overcome your problems but prefer saying "it shouldn't be like that so i'll keep crashing instead of trying fixes"... Have fun, this is a useless attempt to rant.

    From what I heard people switching from 32 bits to 64 have seen a major difference in crashes quantity. As for myself, did the switch when changing computer... so I can't really tell how it really is.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

This form's session has expired. You need to reload the page.

Reload