Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Community Member

Angry What's wrong with you zergers?

Hi everyone, first post here, I just wanted to ask what's wrong with you zergers.

See i don't usually zerg, i like to move as a group and help if people need help, and usually when i put on a LFM i clearly state is a NO ZERG party, so people know they can come and game peacefully.

I've read a lot of posts about how noobs or slowpokes can ruin a fast run if they don't read the LFM correctly, and i totally agree, if you put your intentions out there one should read carefully before asking to join the party.

So why in the name of Elvis don't you use us the same courtesy? Or do you do it just for spite? Is it that fun to make the game lose players? If yes, wouldn't be faster to just burn the servers?

If a LFM has tags like:

No Zerg
    Zergers will be shot on sight
    Zergers get no heals

Then, probably, the people in the party don't want to play your way, it isn't cool to come in and zerg anyway, to hell with other people, just for spite.

Did it hurt your feeling not being welcome? I got two words for you, who cares? Just stay out, fix your need for speed some other way and stop being such d***s

What's wrong with you again?

Quote Originally Posted by GroundhogDay View Post
    Your problem isn't with zergers, it's with griefers / idiots who don't read lfm's.

There's a difference.

2016 DDO Players Council PsychoBlonde's Avatar

H

Is it possible your idea of "normal speed" is actually "slow as all heck" and a snail would look like a zerger to you?

There's no way to know what you might consider to be "zerging" from an LFM. No possible way. It IS possible to define such things as "know the quest" (either you do or you don't), "bring your own heals" (either you have them or you don't), and "be self-sufficient".

I don't zerg--I go at the speed where I know I can kill the mobs I pull and stay alive effectively. I break barrels and do optionals. However, most of the people on the server still find themselves unable to keep up. Does "no zerging" mean "wait 15 minutes for that jackass who went AFK to write the next Great American Novel to catch up" or does it mean "don't run ahead and die"?

If you communicate badly, the only one to blame for the resulting confusion is you.
    Thelanis player: Lehren (heroic/epic completionist), Kimberlei (heroic/epic completionist), Natheme, Daiahn, Arrekeh

Community Member moomooprincess's Avatar

Default Good first post

Many players don't read the LFM. They see the quest and join.

Then, they ask questions.

Such as when I post for doing Crystal Cove I type

Crystal Cove, I run torches, count = 400.

This is what I hear

Who is running torches?
    What is the count at?

I also UPDATE the count on the LFM for others in case they are out there looking at the LFM page.

Then, in party chat I type what people are doing, that I have all the REQs, blah blah blah.

And yet, there will be that one player that does whatever they do, dies, enters the cove without saying anything and having timer going for 1:30 while everyone else is outside.

The game is so awesome to have these players.

BTW, my best crystal cove run is at 427 on one run at level 16. I am proud of that number. If people actually listen, I can guarantee 600+ for two runs.

Crystal Cove is the only time I post LFMs, because I get so ticked off at the rudeness of some players. Even then, I run Crystal Cove solo quite often just to avoid being with ding a lings.
    Recipemaker Guild: Top Chef School of Recipes

Event Statistics: Risia, Festivult, Midwinter, Daily Dice, Mimic Hunt

2014 DDO Players Council

I've read a lot of posts about how noobs or slowpokes can ruin a fast run if they don't read the LFM correctly, and i totally agree, if you put your intentions out there one should read carefully before asking to join the party.

So why in the name of Elvis don't you use us the same courtesy?
    Yes, people should respect the LFM. That has nothing to do with zerging or not. But best be clear in what your LFM actually says.

If a LFM has tags like:

No Zerg
    That's fairly clear.

Zergers will be shot on sight
    That just sounds like a joke. There's no friendly fire in this game. Or is your LFM for PvP? It certainly doesn't say "No zerging, stay together please". Try saying what you mean.

Zergers get no heals
    If *THAT* is what you are putting in your LFM, it's no wonder you're getting lots of zergers. That's just encouragement. If you're saying the exactly opposite of what you really want, you probably shouldn't be suprised when you don't get what you want. With an actively misleading LFM like that, you deserve whoever you get.

Community Member

Default I agree

Quote Originally Posted by PsychoBlonde View Post
    Is it possible your idea of "normal speed" is actually "slow as all heck" and a snail would look like a zerger to you?

There's no way to know what you might consider to be "zerging" from an LFM. No possible way. It IS possible to define such things as "know the quest" (either you do or you don't), "bring your own heals" (either you have them or you don't), and "be self-sufficient".

I don't zerg--I go at the speed where I know I can kill the mobs I pull and stay alive effectively. I break barrels and do optionals. However, most of the people on the server still find themselves unable to keep up. Does "no zerging" mean "wait 15 minutes for that jackass who went AFK to write the next Great American Novel to catch up" or does it mean "don't run ahead and die"?

If you communicate badly, the only one to blame for the resulting confusion is you.
    I'll add to this my one experience. I don't consider myself a zerger. I don't run through a quest as fast as I can. I am familiar with most quests and have a routine for completing them that I go with. Having said that I remember one time a long time ago I joined a group that asked for no zerging and I played, and the leader complained I was moving too fast. I was sticking with the group, and I wasn't running off. I knew where stuff was, what needed done, and I was doing it. Afterwards I got booted.

From one stand point, your zerging. From another, you dunno what your doing (yet). Possibly. Just another view.

Community Member

Then you are zerging if the rest are moving slower. It's not so hard, if the rest of the players are far enough behind to no longer be on the mimi-map, slow down.

I agree. Not making excuses, but DDO has become a fast paced game and its hard to slow down. Even I have to watch myself sometimes. Regardless of what the lfm says, whoever joins should respect the lfm notes.

Community Member Phaeton_Seraph's Avatar

If I post or read an LFM that says "no zerging" I also understand that the party leader doesn't want people haring off. It seems implicit.

If you can't stick with the party, put up with it until the end of the run, or leave the party.

Zergers get no heals
    If they need heals, they ain't Zergers.

Other than that, ftDOmen is dead on.

Quote Originally Posted by Gremmlynn View Post
    Then you are zerging if the rest are moving slower. It's not so hard, if the rest of the players are far enough behind to no longer be on the mimi-map, slow down.

It's like that old George Carlin routine, every who drives faster than you is a maniac, and everyone who drives slower than you is a jackass.

The real question is: "why're you slowing everyone else down?"

The main problem is define zerging. One of my past sorc lives I was one shotting rooms with the click of a button. I'd walk in click fireball then move to the next room even on elites. (This was up to about level 10 ish when it started taking two spells to kill a room) Was this zerging? Personally I don't think so, I left nothing dead but I also didn't stick around in rooms where there was nothing left to do. I did get a party member upset at one point because he thought it was zerging because he never had a chance to attack anything. So while yes people need to read lfms part of the problem might be that someone like me just isn't considering what they're doing zerging but simply running the quest.

Community Member

My idea of normal speed is you stick with the group, period.

If you're out of the minimap you're probably zerging, if you just jump the encounters and leave them to the other players to get to the end fast you're zerging.

But that's not even the problem, if the LFM states No Zerg or any variation on the tune just stay out.

Quote Originally Posted by SirValentine View Post
    If *THAT* is what you are putting in your LFM, it's no wonder you're getting lots of zergers. That's just encouragement. If you're saying the exactly opposite of what you really want, you probably shouldn't be suprised when you don't get what you want. With an actively misleading LFM like that, you deserve whoever you get.
    If people can't catch a joke then they really shouldn't do anything social, anyway it puts most non zerg players at ease and frankly if you really need to ruin the fun of others just to mend your broken ego, you really really really need help.

What i like in DDO is the friendly enviroment, more than one time, as a noob, someone took me by the hand and out of a quest, now i don't mind doing the same, i think it helps the game more than spiteful brats running through the quest like a lamborghini gallardo

My idea of normal speed is you stick with the group, period.

If you're out of the minimap you're probably zerging, if you just jump the encounters and leave them to the other players to get to the end fast you're zerging.

But that's not even the problem, if the LFM states No Zerg or any variation on the tune just stay out.
    Not buying what you're selling here. Even back when I was learning the game and posting / talking in group about not zerging, I had this problem once, and the guy was a noob who died and I then left as a soul stone, so he wasn't even a real zerger but a noob. If you're having this massive problem, I think the problem is you and what you think is zerging most are just considering just running the quest and not piking for five minutes in each room. I could be wrong but the problem you think exists I have seen only once in my entire time playing, and I tend to play for a few hours every night.

The problem isn't with zergers, but with "axeholes" that think they can just hit anyone's LFM and play the way they want, irregardless of the conditions set by the PL. That happens with no zerg, zerg, BYOH LFMs and so on... Only thing u can do is give those people a warning, if u feel like it, and then just squelch them. TBH those people probably weren't even real zergers, but just some "kids" that wanted to show off what they believed were their uber skills. A real zerger wouldn't have joined your party as much as you wouldn't have joined theirs.

Community Member

Lol you seem to think of me as the last of the group, running behind, but try run a stormcleave with someone in the party that, while you're lighting pillars, runs ahead of the group goes straight to the last cave, raise the alarm to maximum, and leave all the angry mobs behind?

Lately seems like if you post a No Zerg LFM you're bound to get a spiteful little zerger ruining the quest for everybody.

Anyway i expected zergers to look after each others on the forums, just wanted to give you guys my piece of mind, take it or leave it.

To sum it up if a noob enters a zerg party he's an a**h***, if a zerger enters a No Zerg party then it's the party's fault for not keeping up and the poor little fella can't be blamed for what he does best now can he? Got it, i'll be sure to get the ferrari boots of striding +50, wouldn't be the one ruining the game of someone else in my LFM, dear gods no. That would be awful of me, to think my opinion matters right? What a fool.

Lol you seem to think of me as the last of the group, running behind, but try run a stormcleave with someone in the party that, while you're lighting pillars, runs ahead of the group goes straight to the last cave, raise the alarm to maximum, and leave all the angry mobs behind?

Lately seems like if you post a No Zerg LFM you're bound to get a spiteful little zerger ruining the quest for everybody.

Anyway i expected zergers to look after each others on the forums, just wanted to give you guys my piece of mind, take it or leave it.

To sum it up if a noob enters a zerg party he's an a**h***, if a zerger enters a No Zerg party then it's the party's fault for not keeping up and the poor little fella can't be blamed for what he does best now can he? Got it, i'll be sure to get the ferrari boots of striding +50, wouldn't be the one ruining the game of someone else in my LFM, dear gods no. That would be awful of me, to think my opinion matters right? What a fool.
    See I was so with ya til you dropped attitude.

I'm a slow poke, care bear, flower sniffer who has taken almost six years to get my main to level ten. So a zerger I am not. The problem you're encountering are griefers. Zergers and xp/min folks won't waste their time joining a no zerg LFM cause they're too busy practicing their playstyle.

Do you have a right to be aggravated? Of course, but come on. At least be peeved with the right folk.

Main: 18 Artificer, Thelanis

Quote Originally Posted by DynaTheCat View Post
    The real question is: "why're you slowing everyone else down?"
    That might be the question if you're a smartasterix. But I'm thinkin' it's his lfm, he posted "no zerg", it's pretty clear he wants to go his speed. If you have a problem with adjusting your speed either up or down, you should probably not join.

Why is the assumption that everyone can only run one speed? (Theoretically, as fast as they possibly can)

But then again, common sense is long gone.

Yeah like I said, seen this once in 3 years of playing probably between 20-40 hours a week depending on the week. So it's not that that's not a problem, it's that I think you're full of it when you claim it's common.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast