Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    The Hatchery
    2014 & 2016 DDO Players Council

There are indeed tons of broken stuff they could work on instead. Like ladder bugs

And the effect of this will seem to be that people will need 5-6 new spaces in their bank for secret door items while TRing. Yay. Because we didn't have problems with bank space before.
    <seemingly offensive Army of Darkness quote>

Uber Uber Completionist
    2014 DDO Player Council
    The Stormreach Campaign
    Scotland - where the dwarf accents come from

So if True Seeing will be equivalent to a level 30 search skill, I make that equivalent to a level 9 with a 20 INT, using a +11 Search item.

That seems a bit low to me.

I'm all for making skills more relevant, but True Seeing is one of those magical effects that is supposed to trivialise inconveniences for experienced adventurers.

And as we're often told that quests are hand-crafted, this means that you'll need to go through every quest individually and set a DC on every secret door by hand? Personally, I'd rather that you spent that time fixing the bug reported creatures missing from the monster manual
    https://www.ddo.com/forums/showthrea...l-Known-Issues

As at least a few others have mentioned, my main concern isn't with the actual change itself, but with the fact that Turbine is "fixing" a working system. Past experience tells me that there is a good chance that this fix will be broken upon implementation. This would just add yet another broken/unfinished system to a huge list of things that need to be fixed and updated. Rather than tweak something that already works (even if it is a bit out of date), they really should work on the existing systems that are still broken and unfinished.

That being said, if this new search system rolls out with no attached bugs, I'll be pleasantly surprised and be more than happy to admit I was wrong.
    Kaarloe - Degenerate Matter - Argonnessen

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by Deadlock View Post
    And as we're often told that quests are hand-crafted, this means that you'll need to go through every quest individually and set a DC on every secret door by hand?
    Secret doors do already have Search DCs, but they're irrelevant because of DSD/TS.

Just for an example, I think the secret doors in Keeper's Sanctuary that you need to find to complete the quest have a DC of 1, while the bonus secret doors have a significant DC. I'd hope that they'd continue to have doors required for completion to have easily met DCs if DSD will just be giving you an automatic search with some bonus.

Community Member

I'm curious - seems like everyone's been talking about doors with Detect Secret Doors as a spell clicky...has anyone tried an object with Secret Door Detection as a permanent affix (ie Cannith crafting)? How's that working now?

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12