Default Petition for *****

So, I just recently responded to a thread, and I said what is apparently a naughty word. It begins with a C, and rhymes with rap. Yes, this word was edited. At first, I was annoyed, then, bemused. I mean, seriously, that word is blocked?

Then, it occurred to me. How awesome would it be if someone cursed in a thread, instead of it going ******......we all know what was said there...cmon. What if, instead, it replaced that with Ghostbane. I'm being 100% serious. How hilarious would it be to see someone get really upset and say "I've had it with this ghostbane! Turbine, you ghostbaned this game up so much. GO GHOSTBANE YOURSELF!"

I, for one, feel that it would actually lessen the extreme negativity on these forums, as every shouting match would just get funnier and funnier.
    Shorlong - Pale Master, Cevon - Druid Archer, Gorgnak - Barbarian, Addanc - Bear Tank, Juristash - Shadar Kai Assassin, Treiah - Morninglord Tempest Ranger, Baylfyre - CC Bard, Deimanus - Bladeforged Melee Arti, Daerian - Healing Cleric Morninglord, Krazig - Pally Tank, Veriste - Shadar Kai Death Knight, Xanapheia - TWF FVS, Helainia - Shadar Kai Henshin-Theif

Leader of The Dark Creed

Yeah, several times I've been censored for using that terrible c-word which apparently traumatizes innocent gamers so much that they're unwilling to register any joy in gaming.

Well ****, if these ****** people would just start letting us say **** it wouldn't have to look so *****.

Now, tell me what I meant to say there? Were they slightly offensive as the author's pet peeve, or were they massively disgusting to many, as some people on these forums would use if allowed?

Bottom line, it's Turbine's sandbox, and Turbine has chosen to limit the offensive nature of some posters in this manner. There are ways around the filters. I suggest anyone considering those ways remember that bans can even be IP based in some instances.

Keep it clean, keep it civil, and there are no issues. Only takes an extra keystroke to call something trash rather than ****.
    There is no free lunch.

Quote Originally Posted by Arnhelm View Post
    Well ghostbane, if these ghostbane people would just start letting us say ghostbane it wouldn't have to look so ghostbane.

Now, tell me what I meant to say there? Were they slightly offensive as the author's pet peeve, or were they massively disgusting to many, as some people on these forums would use if allowed?

Bottom line, it's Turbine's sandbox, and Turbine has chosen to limit the offensive nature of some posters in this manner. There are ways around the filters. I suggest anyone considering those ways remember that bans can even be IP based in some instances.

Keep it clean, keep it civil, and there are no issues. Only takes an extra keystroke to call something trash rather than ghostbane.
    See!!! It works!!!
    Shorlong - Pale Master, Cevon - Druid Archer, Gorgnak - Barbarian, Addanc - Bear Tank, Juristash - Shadar Kai Assassin, Treiah - Morninglord Tempest Ranger, Baylfyre - CC Bard, Deimanus - Bladeforged Melee Arti, Daerian - Healing Cleric Morninglord, Krazig - Pally Tank, Veriste - Shadar Kai Death Knight, Xanapheia - TWF FVS, Helainia - Shadar Kai Henshin-Theif

Leader of The Dark Creed

lol
    There is no free lunch.

I think the word ghostbane should go the way of a certain phrase that was over used and any further use of the word after this post should warrant a 10,000,000,000 year ban from the internet.

The ANTI-Realms FANBOI NUKE THE REALMS ITS THE ONLY REAL WAY TO BE SURE

Community Member

Holy ghostbane!!

If I hadn't just seen that ghostbane with my own eyes, I would have thought you were full of ghostbane.
    http://myaccount.turbine.com

Je ne suis pas
    DDO Alpha Tester

Community Member

After posting on the Adult Swim boards, and all the autoreplace twerking they constantly do with my posts and how often it turns a fairly simple statement into something completely unintelligible, I'm not in favor of any autocorrecting anywhere :P

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by droid327 View Post
    After posting on the Adult Swim boards, and all the autoreplace twerking they constantly do with my posts and how often it turns a fairly simple statement into something completely unintelligible, I'm not in favor of any autocorrecting anywhere :P
    ***? Adult swim board censors, that's some silly ****... A lot of adult swim is meant to be super offensive, Their board being censored is nonsensical.

Miasto Stołeczne Warszawa (The Capital City of Warsaw)

Quote Originally Posted by Uska View Post
    I think the word ghostbane should go the way of a certain phrase that was over used and any further use of the word after this post should warrant a 10,000,000,000 year ban from the internet.
    Sure, you first.

Community Member

What in the ghostbane is going on here? Ghostbane, I go to work for a couple days and you guys have got everything all ghostbaned up, this ghostbane has got to stop now. Ghostbane it

Uber Uber Completionist
    2014 DDO Player Council
    Scotland - where the dwarf accents come from

I got a forum warning for willfully inserting *'s into a post. I replied to it explaining that I hadn't used any profanity but simply decided to post a series of * instead of the word I would have used.

Apparently forum mods can't tell the difference between proper profanity filter usage and Shift+8's....

Quote Originally Posted by Deadlock View Post
    I got a forum warning for willfully inserting *'s into a post. I replied to it explaining that I hadn't used any profanity but simply decided to post a series of * instead of the word I would have used.

Apparently forum mods can't tell the difference between proper profanity filter usage and Shift+8's....
    What if you had used "rakka frakka, %@!&*$!!.

Miasto Stołeczne Warszawa (The Capital City of Warsaw)

Quote Originally Posted by Deadlock View Post

Next time use *ghostbane*.

Quote Originally Posted by Uska View Post
    You must be a real riot at parties. Between your frothing at the mouth about alleged exploiters to your crazy desire to ban people from the internet for 10 billion years for using the word ghostbane.

Hi Ghostbane
    I don't have a zerging problem.

I'm zerging. That's YOUR problem.

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by sirgog View Post
    hi ghostbane
    winning!!!!