Default Technical issues.

Hey Everyone reading this I'm in a bit of a bind. For whatever reason I can't get ddo to work properly. What happens is that I open the launcher and log in. the log in is successful but when the launcher closes to open the next load screen it crashes. I've uninstalled a few times and reinstalled and it's the same issues. And I've tried to contact customer support but so far they have'nt replied back and it's been a while. If anyone has any tips or tricks it'd be most appreciated.

Might be a firewall issue. Be sure you're allowing TurbineLauncher.exe and dndclient.exe access through whatever firewall you're using.
    There is no free lunch.

Quote Originally Posted by Serion_Vansdeaith View Post
    Hey Everyone reading this I'm in a bit of a bind. For whatever reason I can't get ddo to work properly. What happens is that I open the launcher and log in. the log in is successful but when the launcher closes to open the next load screen it crashes. I've uninstalled a few times and reinstalled and it's the same issues. And I've tried to contact customer support but so far they have'nt replied back and it's been a while. If anyone has any tips or tricks it'd be most appreciated.
    I'm having the same problem.

I was in evon 5 just before the end fight, suddenly I couldn't move but could still chat.
    I informed the party members of my issue, I decided to restart the game.
    After several attempts, I didn't manage to get back in.
    It was either the launcher bugging out or the game client failing every one of the 20 connection attempts or disconnecting after character selection.
    While my internet connection was fine.

It's been 15 mins, I guess my party continued without me.
    I can't wait for the new bugs in the "expansion".
    Last edited by Ykt; 06-29-2013 at 12:05 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Arnhelm View Post
    Might be a firewall issue. Be sure you're allowing TurbineLauncher.exe and dndclient.exe access through whatever firewall you're using.
    I haven't tried this simply because i'm not sure were to start :P Do you know what i might be able to turn of the fire wall for this?

If you're using Windows Firewall, click Start - Control Panel - Windows Firewall. Then click Allow a program or feature through Windows Firewall. Check to make sure dndclient and Turbine Launcher are checked to allow Home/Work (Private) access.

You might need to click Allow Another Program..., then navigate to Program Files - Turbine - DDO Unlimited, highlight dndclient, and click Open - OK to add the latest version.

This process also depends on what version of Windows you are using. If you're on a Mac, the process is quite different and I can't help you because I have no clue about Macs.

Hope this helps a bit.

Oh! If you're on a network at a college or other institution, you might be running into issues with the network firewall. If that's the case, you're probably out of luck, to be honest. Getting access through those kinds of firewalls is nigh impossible due to policies in place at the institution.
    There is no free lunch.