Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Fix Epic Snitch

Quote Originally Posted by FrancisP.Fancypants View Post
    Out of curiosity, that server would be?

If you think that providing relevant details is a waste of time, what makes you think coming to the forums and whining about it would do any good?
    +1 Bugs never get fixed until people take time to provide real information, to help reproduce a bug.

I've run the quest dozens of time on N, H, E, EN, & a few times on EH. Once in a group for EH, and 2-3 times solo. Out of the dozens of times that I've run it, mostly every single day for a month or more straight after I had my PM hit lvl 20, I have never run into the issue on the Ghallanda server.

Seriously though, if you want this bug fixed, and I mean anyone who has run into this more than once, give a detailed report or video of how you run the quest, as well as important information. Otherwise, it's no wonder thing bug hasn't been fixed, with so many unwilling to help pin point the issue.

Community Member

Default Rela Info!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Cleanincubus View Post
    +1 Bugs never get fixed until people take time to provide real information, to help reproduce a bug.

I've run the quest dozens of time on N, H, E, EN, & a few times on EH. Once in a group for EH, and 2-3 times solo. Out of the dozens of times that I've run it, mostly every single day for a month or more straight after I had my PM hit lvl 20, I have never run into the issue on the Ghallanda server.

Seriously though, if you want this bug fixed, and I mean anyone who has run into this more than once, give a detailed report or video of how you run the quest, as well as important information. Otherwise, it's no wonder thing bug hasn't been fixed, with so many unwilling to help pin point the issue.

Ive probably ran this on several servers, and ive probably run it several hundred times(at least it seems that way). Currently im on cannith, last 4 or 5 character ive leveled the quest has bugged at crateos and i was unable to complete. All sorts of gear, all types of builds.

Turbine can look at my completions i imagine and also see that the last several attempts failed due to leaving the quest(because it bugged).

All that info means nothing... Its exactly as useful as if everyone who has done the quest recently and completed it posted a bunch of pointless **** about there own characters.

Quest bugs are not server specific, they arent the players fault. You cant build a type of character, or use a type of gear, or have a type of playstyle that causes bugs in quests, because no matter what the specifics of your build/gear/playstyle are the bug is there, even if it only happens on tuesday if you are wearing a bandana...

Everyone saying its not real because it hasnt happened to them is simply clueless. Its a known bug. It is the reason i finally gave up on the eaga for one of my builds.

Id say FIX IT, but whats the point? And talk about a list.

Quote Originally Posted by 01000010 View Post
    Ive probably ran this on several servers, and ive probably run it several hundred times(at least it seems that way). Currently im on cannith, last 4 or 5 character ive leveled the quest has bugged at crateos and i was unable to complete. All sorts of gear, all types of builds.

Turbine can look at my completions i imagine and also see that the last several attempts failed due to leaving the quest(because it bugged).

All that info means nothing... Its exactly as useful as if everyone who has done the quest recently and completed it posted a bunch of pointless **** about there own characters.

Quest bugs are not server specific, they arent the players fault. You cant build a type of character, or use a type of gear, or have a type of playstyle that causes bugs in quests, because no matter what the specifics of your build/gear/playstyle are the bug is there, even if it only happens on tuesday if you are wearing a bandana...

Everyone saying its not real because it hasnt happened to them is simply clueless. Its a known bug. It is the reason i finally gave up on the eaga for one of my builds.

Id say FIX IT, but whats the point? And talk about a list.
    I don't think people are saying it doesn't exist at this point. However you have some like you that encounter it regularly and some like me that have never ever seen it. The reason people are asking for videos is that there is a possiblity that we're fighting things in different places and somehow that might be causing it, or jumping in an odd way ext ext ext.

Community Member

Default Again

Ive completed thi MANY MANY times. Last few characters ive leveled it bugged at crateos and was uncompletable. Nothing i did in the quest changed, period.

Maybe it only happens to vips? Maybe it only happens to people over 30? Maybe it only happens to female characters? Maybe it only happens between 1 am and 6 am est?

Cmon now, they dont pay us enough to track/test all this stuff. Oh wait, we pay them (cartoon donkey head + sound effect).

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by 01000010 View Post
    Quest bugs are not server specific, they arent the players fault. You cant build a type of character, or use a type of gear, or have a type of playstyle that causes bugs in quests, because no matter what the specifics of your build/gear/playstyle are the bug is there
    ORLY? Alright, I'll take that bet.

Go into Lords of Dust on a ranged toon. Make your way to the room at the bottom of the stairs with the breakable sarcophagi just before the one the first Rakshasa Lord (orange-named) is hanging out behind an altar. Kill the Death Knights and cultists, then open the door to the room with the Rakshasa in it. Making sure any other party members or hires stay put, run into the room just far enough that the orange-name activates, then zip backwards again, out through the door (like any self-respecting ranged toon would). Whip out your bow and fire up Manyshot, dropping the boss. Go back into that room and kill off remaining bad guys, including smashing the final altar if you're so inclined.

Having looted your chest(s), go and open the door into the next room.

Wait, you mean you can't? Really? WHAT A SURPRISE!

If you followed the sequence I just gave, you now can't complete the quest because you (quite legitimately) performed actions that led to the boss dying before the objective to kill him went live. It'll appear when you go back into the room, but by then he's already dead, which makes killing him again an awkward proposition in the absence of a Necromancer.

Yes, the bug is there regardless of how you play your toon. But if you were just a bit more forthcoming about the sequence of events that led to the problem, someone might be able to steer you to the action (or lack thereof) that results in the quest NOT BUGGING OUT FOR YOU, just like the example I gave above. Call me Miss Sillypants, but that strikes me as being just a bit more productive than a plain-chant whine about how the bug shouldn't exist and all the times you've run it. Maybe you're just using the terrain in such a way that the game thinks you've arrived when you haven't; it's entirely possible...

But, you know, it's up to you. By all means continue to waste words in a manner that means nobody has a prayer of assisting you. God meant the meek to inherit the earth, but until that happy day they've always got the option of whinging impotently on forums.

Quote Originally Posted by inventoryisfull View Post
    Remaking this thead, because I didn't make it clear that the actual quest is bugged.

People derailed my post assuming i was crying about seals not dropping, which isn't the case.

The quest itself is bugged, you can't even get to the end chest.

You can't even get to Crateos, you enter the area and you see he's already activated and his electric barrier is already up.

Why has this been like this for months and months?
    This happens only to some players. A friend has the same problem. The quest is bugged in Crateos area; barrier is activated and the toons can’t fight with Crateos. I never have the problem when I do this quest solo or with other people, except with this friend. When I play with him, I have the bug too. He has the problem solo or in party. Only he.

It’s very strange, but the bug only happens with him. We have talked with DMs several times. Devs know the bug and DMs tell us that they are working in the issue. They know that the bug affect only to some players. And, yeah. This has been happening for a long time.

I guess that the bug is not easy of reproduce and fix.
    English is not my native language. Sorry for the mistakes.

Community Member

A friend mentioned this happening to him in a pug. Said they tried it a couple of times and it bugged out each time.

I've ran the quest a couple times since then and had no problem at all.

I suspect from this and some of the other posts its something character based that's causing it. Could it be some sort of aura effect or aoe maybe from an ED that's tagging the script to start?

OP perhaps giving helpful replies to peoples questions who are trying to help you would be a good start rather than acting like a .......

My friend is human barbarian 20/epic 5. Not ED problem, I think; he has this bug in several EDs (mmm one twist? I will ask him...).

And the other toons with problems? Class and race? EDs?

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by Iriale View Post
    My friend is human barbarian 20/epic 5. Not ED problem, I think; he has this bug in several EDs (mmm one twist? I will ask him...).

And the other toons with problems? Class and race? EDs?
    Unlikely to be an aura or aoe spell then that's causing it.

Have no idea what other toons were in the pug that my friend had problems with, he didn't say at the time.

Might help if anyone who actually has the problem can fill in some blanks. The information I provided is second hand as mentioned its not hapend to me but heard there was a problem for some.

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by AZgreentea View Post
    Can you give us your characters build/gear, the party makeup, and your steps after you exit the sewer pipe? Clearly whatever you specifically are doing is repeatable.
    It's completely random. I'm solo 99 percent of the time (no hires or summons either), and run the quest the exact same way. Sometimes it happens, sometimes it doesn't. When it happens, you come out of the pipe and turn the corner there and you can tell if it's broken, because you'll see the blue forcefield down.

I've been told by GMs that this IS a known issue and, oddly, that it's in the coding (seemed like an odd statement from a GM). So this is just another incident of devs not getting around to fixing it.

Community Member

Default I hope you didnt go all in

Quote Originally Posted by Pooklebunny View Post
    ORLY? Alright, I'll take that bet.

Go into Lords of Dust on a ranged toon. Make your way to the room at the bottom of the stairs with the breakable sarcophagi just before the one the first Rakshasa Lord (orange-named) is hanging out behind an altar. Kill the Death Knights and cultists, then open the door to the room with the Rakshasa in it. Making sure any other party members or hires stay put, run into the room just far enough that the orange-name activates, then zip backwards again, out through the door (like any self-respecting ranged toon would). Whip out your bow and fire up Manyshot, dropping the boss. Go back into that room and kill off remaining bad guys, including smashing the final altar if you're so inclined.

Having looted your chest(s), go and open the door into the next room.

Wait, you mean you can't? Really? WHAT A SURPRISE!

If you followed the sequence I just gave, you now can't complete the quest because you (quite legitimately) performed actions that led to the boss dying before the objective to kill him went live. It'll appear when you go back into the room, but by then he's already dead, which makes killing him again an awkward proposition in the absence of a Necromancer.

Yes, the bug is there regardless of how you play your toon. But if you were just a bit more forthcoming about the sequence of events that led to the problem, someone might be able to steer you to the action (or lack thereof) that results in the quest NOT BUGGING OUT FOR YOU, just like the example I gave above. Call me Miss Sillypants, but that strikes me as being just a bit more productive than a plain-chant whine about how the bug shouldn't exist and all the times you've run it. Maybe you're just using the terrain in such a way that the game thinks you've arrived when you haven't; it's entirely possible...

But, you know, it's up to you. By all means continue to waste words in a manner that means nobody has a prayer of assisting you. God meant the meek to inherit the earth, but until that happy day they've always got the option of whinging impotently on forums.
    Heres what I said:

Originally Posted by 01000010 View Post

Quest bugs are not server specific, they arent the players fault. You cant build a type of character, or use a type of gear, or have a type of playstyle that causes bugs in quests, because no matter what the specifics of your build/gear/playstyle are the bug is there.

So what are you betting? Are you saying that bug is server specific? doesn't sound like it. Are you saying the bug is caused by the standard ranged playstyle? That's ridiculous. With all the detail you just went into about that specific bug, and the fact that you've related all that detail in bug reports and verified that turbine knows about it, I will in fact call you miss sillypants to still think its your ranged playstyle that is the problem. It not being fixed is the problem.

Its a known bug.
    Its not the fault of the player/build/playstyle.

As ive stated over and over, im running this the way I always have, since it 1st came out, except now it bugs at crateos, on multiple characters.

Its pretty simple, no need to imagine some crazy exploit im trying take advantage of to cause this, linear quest up to crateos really, cant get past him AND ITS A KNOWN BUG, just like the one you described but apparently don't mind because you know the very specific course of action required to cause that one. The crateos bug doesn't require any complex specific actions andless you count killing rats or turning levers to be acceptable ways for a quest to become breakable.

So, just in case I havenet been specific enough, crateoes will bug in the snitch while using multiple characters and doing nothing unusual, I ran it many times before with no problems, I ran it with groups that took the same actions in the quest that I take when soloing. The vast majority of the time ive run this quest its been solo, its not complex, its not hard, it does now bug on crateos often if not always for me(last several times I tried it).

01000010, it’s not your fault. Sure. This is a known bug but it affects only a few toons or players. These toons (or players) perhaps have something in common.

I think that it's not random. I never have the bug when I do the quest solo or with other people, except when I play it with my friend. Then I always have seen the bug. My friend has the bug 9/10 runs.

it's not simple. This is a strange bug.
    Last edited by Iriale; 07-08-2013 at 07:13 AM.

Community Member

http://oi39.tinypic.com/2lkcthk.jpg

as you can see crateous lightening shield already active before he even turns the gargoyles to life

duuuuuuuuuuuuuuurrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr rrrrr

Community Member

Default yeah yeah

http://oi39.tinypic.com/2lkcthk.jpg

as you can see crateous lightening shield already active before he even turns the gargoyles to life

duuuuuuuuuuuuuuurrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr rrrrr

Since its just a matter of time before someone accuses you of photoshopping it because they KNOW this is impossible because its never happened to them, i demand a full walkthrough video showing build and gear, date and time, server and guild.

While youre at it just to be safe please post your w2s.

Vid or it didnt happen!!

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by LupusVai View Post
    OP perhaps giving helpful replies to peoples questions who are trying to help you would be a good start rather than acting like a .......
    Eh, if they just want to complain instead of working to fix it, that's fine by me. That's what ignore lists are for. I know I'm going to pay close attention next time I run it so if it does bug out, I'll know what I was doing and what was going on.

I am thinking it's got to be a hire / summon thing as well.

That or someones glitching through a wall or something. I honestly have run this quest to ransack on 9 toons continuously over the last 4 months (just 2 days ago FINALLY got the seal so I can get my Great Axe Epiced). So about 2000 runs in the last 4 months. I have run it solo (mostly), solo with hire, full Pug and Pug with hires and have never once seen this happen.

Not saying I don't believe you but I talked with my guildies and none of them have ever seen it and you are talking a group of founders, combined we have probably run that quest something close to 15,000 - 20,000 times among all our toons since it came out and at least 1500 times (as a group) since the last update.

I wonder if it's the difficulty as well perhaps. the VAST majority (probably 75-80 percent) of our runs are on Epic Hard. Are you seeing it regardless of the difficulty you run it on? It should be easy and quick to test given it's 100% reproducible by you.

It's really hard to troubleshoot an issue that isn't consistent for everyone but it should be easier if it's at least consistent for you. Make sure you are bug reporting it as well. They should be able to use your accounts properties to help determine somewhat quickly why it's happening for you.

Wish I could help you out more man but that is all I have based on what info was provided.

By the way I probably have a least 10 scrolls for anything in the House P Epic chain, so if anyone knows me in game and needs one just email. LOL
    Last edited by SiliconScout; 07-09-2013 at 10:26 AM.

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by SiliconScout View Post
    I am thinking it's got to be a hire / summon thing as well.

That or someones glitching through a wall or something. I honestly have run this quest to ransack on 9 toons continuously over the last 4 months (just 2 days ago FINALLY got the seal so I can get my Great Axe Epiced). So about 2000 runs in the last 4 months. I have run it solo (mostly), solo with hire, full Pug and Pug with hires and have never once seen this happen.

Not saying I don't believe you but I talked with my guildies and none of them have ever seen it and you are talking a group of founders, combined we have probably run that quest something close to 15,000 - 20,000 times among all our toons since it came out and at least 1500 times (as a group) since the last update.

I wonder if it's the difficulty as well perhaps. the VAST majority (probably 75-80 percent) of our runs are on Epic Hard. Are you seeing it regardless of the difficulty you run it on? It should be easy and quick to test given it's 100% reproducible by you.

It's really hard to troubleshoot an issue that isn't consistent for everyone but it should be easier if it's at least consistent for you. Make sure you are bug reporting it as well. They should be able to use your accounts properties to help determine somewhat quickly why it's happening for you.

Wish I could help you out more man but that is all I have based on what info was provided.

By the way I probably have a least 10 scrolls for anything in the House P Epic chain, so if anyone knows me in game and needs one just email. LOL
    In order for it to be a hire/summon thing, I'd think a hire or summon would have to be summoned. I will repeat, I do a life a week, and this is basically random. While there may be a trigger, it's something so incredibly small that it will never be discovered. I run the quest the same way each time. The things that may be different are I walk two inches away from where I walked last time.

I will say, this thread is probably useless. I've been told by GMs that this is a known problem. Turbine will fix it when they get around to it, and no amount of complaining will make them hurry.

Community Member

No I don't think so, everyone on my server knows it's broken.

Listing all my gear and build is a waste of time.

The quest is broken.
    A shame you feel that way, because obviously what you are doing is reproducible. The quest runs fine for me.
    The Silver Legion - Guild Medieval
    Arisan - Arisanna - Arisanto - Arisgard - Betatest
    Cannith

Quote Originally Posted by aristarchus1000 View Post
    A shame you feel that way, because obviously what you are doing is reproducible. The quest runs fine for me.
    The quest is definitely bugged. Nobody has been able to figure out exactly what triggers it. It's seemingly random. The fact that it hasn't bugged out on you means very little because, to reiterate, it's random. From my own experience it has bugged out on me 3 times in the last 5 times I've run the quest. This includes two runs in a row when we were intending to "farming" the quest, after which we just gave up. I won't attempt this quest again until it is fixed because I don't want to waste my time.

When the quest bugged out, we didn't do anything out of the ordinary -- no zerging, no "tricks", no perching, nothing. Just a linear progression through the quest killing everything as we went. Poof, when we got to the Crateos part, the barrier went up before anyone could get inside the area. The barrier isn't supposed to appear until everyone is gathered around Roderic. Yet no one was even close to Roderic.

Default Never has happened to me on any of my chars...

Like others have stated, this issues has never appeared on any of my runs through the quest. I sacked this quest this weekend (loot bonus and looking for GA Seal) and never once did it bug. In the past three weeks I've probablly ran this quest 20-30 times solo and in pugs and it never has happened. I'm not saying it doesn't happen, but like others, I think there might be something you're doing to trigger this bug. If you were more forth coming maybe this issue could be solved more quickly...
    Charater Names: Jeryle, Jerforged, Gerforged, Raybur, Rayber, Raibur, Marreth, Merreth
    Classes Played: Thief Acrobat, Ftr, Barbarian, Cleric, FVS, Caster, Bard, & Monk
    Member of Synergia

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast