Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Fix Epic Snitch

Community Member

Default Fix Epic Snitch

Remaking this thead, because I didn't make it clear that the actual quest is bugged.

People derailed my post assuming i was crying about seals not dropping, which isn't the case.

The quest itself is bugged, you can't even get to the end chest.

You can't even get to Crateos, you enter the area and you see he's already activated and his electric barrier is already up.

Why has this been like this for months and months?

Community Member

Interestingly, I've run it 4 times since yesterday with no issues.

You might consider a bug report instead of multiple threads. Just a thought.

Quote Originally Posted by inventoryisfull View Post
    Remaking this thead, because I didn't make it clear that the actual quest is bugged.

People derailed my post assuming i was crying about seals not dropping, which isn't the case.

You can't even get to Crateos, you enter the area and you see he's already activated and his electric barrier is already up.

Ran it the week of u18's release everything was fine, completed like normal.

Hero

This has happened intermittently to me in the last couple weeks and as recently as yesterday. Just put a ticket in for a GM and they can teleport you to Crateos and you can complete the quest. Usually (On Argo) the GM's respond to this fairly quickly and I have yet to see one say that they can't.

And yes, I have bug reported it..twice in fact.

Scholar Of Adventure & Hero Missing_Minds's Avatar

given t hat I've never seen this and I run E snitch... what the heck are you doing that is causing that to happen all the time for you?

Community Member

Default Huh

Just got done with an Epic run of Snitch about an hour ago. Things went very smooth. The party even stayed together and nothing glitched out on us.

Been a long while since the quest has given me any issues.

I've had runs where we have to wait 5 minutes before the chest guy goes active (including on heroic too)

Have run this prior to 18.2 without an issue. Not sure what is causing Crateos to spawn for you before you get up to the valve area.
    There is no free lunch.

Community Member

This has been happening for a long time. Probably over a year. A couple lives ago I had it happen four times in a row. When I finally decided to contact a GM, they said there was nothing they could do and that Turbine knows about it. I have no idea what triggers the shield around Crateos to come down before you're in. It's probably random, as I run the quest the exact same way each time.

Yeah your previous thread was pretty clear the quest was bugged at Crateos, it didn't mention anything about seals.

This is ridiculous now, I've been waiting months and months and I try often to do epic snitch trying for a seal from there BUT NO TURBINE, WHY NO FIX?
    The quest is bugged sometimes, other times it's fine.

Community Member

Default 3 strikes is out for a quest

Last 3 times i tried to run it it bugged at crateos, at that point i said screw EAGA and stopped running it, 1st time it bugged i tried to file a report but the report bugged...

So yeah, its a problem for at least some of us, i dont care if it works 75% of the time and ive just been unlucky, wont run it again til they say theyve fixed it and then ill wait a week and watch forums to see if it actually got fixed, lol.

Quote Originally Posted by 01000010 View Post
    Last 3 times i tried to run it it bugged at crateos, at that point i said screw EAGA and stopped running it, 1st time it bugged i tried to file a report but the report bugged...

So yeah, its a problem for at least some of us, i dont care if it works 75% of the time and ive just been unlucky, wont run it again til they say theyve fixed it and then ill wait a week and watch forums to see if it actually got fixed, lol.
    Interesting, I run this quest fairly often, mostly on EN and EH for the fun and farm (rarely on EE) and it never bugged at Crateos. I simply do not know this error.

Might I ask - which difficutly has this been? How many people in party (including hires, if applicable) and was there any front running, eg. going to the shrine first?

Community Member

Default i farm on eh usually

Quote Originally Posted by Nestroy View Post
    Intieresting, I run this quest fairly often, mostly on EN and EH for the fun and farm (rarely on EE) and it never bugged at Crateos. I simply do not know this error.

Might I ask - which difficutly has this been? How many people in party (including hires, if applicable) and was there any front running, eg. going to the shrine first?
    Barring the new trend where ee drops better stuff, i farm most quests on eh due to for speed/drop% efficiency.
    Ive done snitch many many times, for me at least, this bug is new.

Wether i use a hire or not depends on build, but last build i was running it with was very likely no hire.

farmed it, never seen that problem.

1.) You are special, and DDO hates you.
    2.) Someone is playing a trick on you.
    3.) Hirelings / Summons / Pets. Maybe they go somewhere when you are killing the rats down below and trigger something. There may be a fail safe so that Kratos cant be skipped. The game detects something in an area and wakes up Kratos.. maybe.
    Real join date: Update 7

Community Member

Angry

Just tried again several times on epic normal and hard, same thing.

=-(

Community Member

tried again today, still broken

Without a patch and downtime nothing will change.

That said so many complete with no problems. There is something going on, but something tells me that there is a possibility those with problems and those without are running it differently. It would probably be helpful to see a video of you getting to that point, not just for us, but probably for the devs to actually troubleshoot it.

Can you give us your characters build/gear, the party makeup, and your steps after you exit the sewer pipe? Clearly whatever you specifically are doing is repeatable.
    The problem is never how to get new, innovative thoughts into your mind, but how to get old ones out. Every mind is a building filled with archaic furniture. Clean out a corner of your mind and creativity will instantly fill it.
    Dee Hock

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by AZgreentea View Post
    Can you give us your characters build/gear, the party makeup, and your steps after you exit the sewer pipe? Clearly whatever you specifically are doing is repeatable.

No I don't think so, everyone on my server knows it's broken.

Listing all my gear and build is a waste of time.

The quest is broken.

Community Member

No I don't think so, everyone on my server knows it's broken.

Listing all my gear and build is a waste of time.

The quest is broken.
    Out of curiosity, that server would be?

If you think that providing relevant details is a waste of time, what makes you think coming to the forums and whining about it would do any good?

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast