Default Turbine launcher has stopped working

I've tried re installing the game(non-steam) and tried running the steam version and both clients crash when opening the main form, I get the error message "turbine launcher has stopped working" with the only option, "close program". Is anybody else having this issue and does anyone know how to get this game working again? Thanks for any help.

try "run as administrator"?

no I tried running as admin already which is what i normally do anyways...

Community Member

I am having the same issue. I have reinstalled DDO and am getting stuck at 28% on Update Program. I tried running as an administrator and it still gets stuck. I have to use the Task Manager to close DDO when it gets stuck.

The update installed successfully on my desktop but not my laptop. Help.

Anything odd in your event log at that time?
    Try logging in as another user?

Community Member

This happens before I can choose a user account. Not sure how to read log event.

I'm sorry I meant try logging in as another windows user? But I suppose try creating a second account and see if the issue persist with that account maybe?
    When the issue occurs, check the time. Then go Start, run, eventvwr
    Go to the logs and check application and system logs for approximately the time the issue occurred. See if there are any red errors or perhaps a yellow warning event.

ok got it to work, i needed to finish some microsoft optional updates, wouldn't have figured it out if you hadn't had mentioned the eventvwr. The problem for me was some kind of nvid....dll, after updating from microsoft works fine now lol

Community Member

I finally got it to work. I tried a lot of things. What finally worked was updating Windows, disabling the anti virus during installation and running as an administrator. Thanks for the help.

Was having an issue with the launcher where it would seem to load fine then I'd get this:

I've tried uninstalling and reinstalling the Lam client and nothing.

I've tried updating my Window XP and nothing.
    (yes, some of us do still use XP. Please refrain from telling me to "Get with the times and upgrade to Win 7 or 8", I'm working on it.)

I've tried some of the other "fixes" in the forums (newer and old) and nothing.

I've had lamma launcher problems in the past and always figured out/found a workaround for it. But I just can't seem to figure/find one for this. Like I said above, I'm running windows xp (fully updated) and all my drivers are up to date. Every ddo related file has firewall access. I'm running out of ideas so any suggestions/workarounds/fixes would be super duper awesome.

Thanks in advance.
    Last edited by MalkavianX; 07-04-2013 at 04:09 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by grodon9999 View Post
    This game has been such an absurd grind that I’d rather stick my junk in a beehive than make another toon.
    Quote Originally Posted by Teh_Troll View Post
    An expansion . .. with a set of packs for each plane to come out every month or two . . . it'll be like crack to Whitney Houston.

Still having zero luck with logging on to Lamannia. I've searched high and low, with my admittedly weak google-fu) and I can't find any "solution" that works for me. Can anyone please help me? I wouldn't mind checking out the enhancement pass before it goes live. Plus I made a few builds that I'd like to test drive to see if they're worth rolling up on live.

Like I said before, any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks in advance.

Malk.
    Quote Originally Posted by grodon9999 View Post
    This game has been such an absurd grind that I’d rather stick my junk in a beehive than make another toon.
    Quote Originally Posted by Teh_Troll View Post
    An expansion . .. with a set of packs for each plane to come out every month or two . . . it'll be like crack to Whitney Houston.