Community Member

Default playing on a mac: trouble keeping lars heyton alive

hiya.

apologies if there is another thread on this. i looked around but couldn't find an answer.

i am currently human level 2 cleric font of healing. i am playing on a mac. i can't work out to keep lars heyton alive. everytime i try to heal him i just heal myself.

i found a thread that says you need to right click on him. i am using a mac mouse with no right-click. so i have been hitting control+mouseclick which is the usual default right mouseclick. doesn't seem to work.

advice on how to get around this would be great.

cheers,

Community Member

While logged into the game go to the main menu, look for keyboard options or key bindings. There is one hotkey to select a nearby chest, npc, breakable, or lever, on pc it is Q by default. Find what that key is bound to and you can use it to target the guy rather than the mouse.

Community Member

You need to have him hard-targeted with the double ring, same as you do to hit undead with healing spells.

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by smeggy1384 View Post
    While logged into the game go to the main menu, look for keyboard options or key bindings. There is one hotkey to select a nearby chest, npc, breakable, or lever, on pc it is Q by default. Find what that key is bound to and you can use it to target the guy rather than the mouse.
    Many thanks smeggy. it was Q. worked perfectly!

Community Member moomooprincess's Avatar

Default Try backspace key

FOR WINDOWS MACHINES AS I DO NOT OWN A MAC. This could apply to a MAC but I would not know for 100% positive.

You need to have your focus window placed on Lars. The focus window is one of those two large windows that shows items in it. One is you the other one is what your eyes is currently focused on.

I forget which key I use, I think backspace since he is an object and not an enemy. Once you see the white circles around him he is focused. TAB key usually targets the enemies, so it has to be the backspace key.

Don't worry about healing the WF, he seems to go to 1 HP and stays there.

HA!!! You are using a MAC so that could be completely different, so smeggy has it right to see what key is mapped for that.
    Recipemaker Guild: Top Chef School of Recipes

Event Statistics: Risia, Festivult, Midwinter, Daily Dice, Mimic Hunt