2016 DDO Players Council Jeromio's Avatar

Default Running with the Devils has been Crucibled or mob spell damage been lowered on elite?

I ran RwtD on elite (solo, no hireling, no light resistance) today and noticed that the light rays were only doing a bit under 80 damage per ray, just like before U14. This is compared to 115-120 on live under the same conditions (unless it was changed in 18.2... haven't tried it in the last patch).
    Did anyone notice if spell damage from mobs has gone down in general in heroic elite quests, or did they crusible the quest after all discussions about it?
    Proud officer of Spellbinders: http://spellbinders.shivtr.com/
    Lyrandar(EU)->Devourer(EU)->Cannith

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by Jeromio View Post
    I ran RwtD on elite (solo, no hireling, no light resistance) today and noticed that the light rays were only doing a bit under 80 damage per ray, just like before U14. This is compared to 115-120 on live under the same conditions (unless it was changed in 18.2... haven't tried it in the last patch).
    Did anyone notice if spell damage from mobs has gone down in general in heroic elite quests, or did they crusible the quest after all discussions about it?
    What does "crucible"/"crusible" mean in this context?

Crucibled means something specific -- it means to turn a flagging quest into a non-flagging quest. If you mean to say they made the quest easier, then use some other term or just say they made the quest easier.

Quote Originally Posted by Dreppo View Post
    Crucibled means something specific -- it means to turn a flagging quest into a non-flagging quest. If you mean to say they made the quest easier, then use some other term or just say they made the quest easier.
    You are right, but to be honest, you don't need to be so harsch to noobs. Sorry.

AAAAAAAAAnd

no need to thank me for the hotfix

edit: aaaand Vargouille on my sig is happy! ;D
    Last edited by Phemt81; 06-28-2013 at 09:37 PM.
    How to revamp past life reward system <--- working again
    Quote Originally Posted by Vargouille View Post
    We absolutely planned for Fighter to still have Haste Boost. It's absolutely a bug. Any similar issues that look "wrong" to any player should be bugged.
    Developers should fix this

Community Member

i just hope it stays with lowered damage...

this quest is the only quest (of vale of twilight) noobs usually arent able to complete, and they just stay forever begging to find someone to let them complete it, to be able to flag shroud, they usually ask someone to get paid to let them complete...

then a lvl 25 decide to help them... and dies... at the first room... and pug wipes...
    and the poor noob lies on the ground with the quest still unfinished...

that is usually what happens in running with the devil :P