Defensive trees cost less now, but still feel more restrictive than Live.
On Live a Defender of Siberys III stance gives: +40 PRR, +150% Threat, +3 Saves, +20% HP, +6 STR, +6 CON and +40% AC
On Lamannia a Sacred Defender stance gives: +25 PRR, +125% Threat, +3 Saves, +20% HP, +6 STR, +6 CON
Admittedly on live you get less PRR and less threat if you aren't Sword and Board (SnB), there is no mention of this being the case or not on Lamannia, but given the last pass absolutely requiring SnB for the defensive stance, it is fair to assume that the described bonuses factor in using SnB.
There is the benefit that to get DoS III on live you have other pre-req's that you must spend AP on...26 AP all together.
- Paladin Defender of Siberys III (4+2+2=8ap)
- Paladin Bulwark of Good III (1+2+3=6ap)
- Paladin Resistance of Good III (1+2+3=6ap)
- Paladin Toughness II (1+2=3ap)
- Paladin Armor Class Boost I (1ap)
- Paladin Courage of Good I (1ap)
- Paladin Focus of Good I (1ap)
- Omitting the Faith Enhancements as they are becoming feat based.
However it is fair to point out that many of these bonuses can still be picked up, so if we want to look at equality -- do the same benefits have the same cost?
- Sacred Defender 19AP (1ap for initial stance, 18ap for improvements)
- Bulwark of Good 3AP
- Resistance of Good 3AP
- Defense Boost (2+2 for pre-req) 4AP
- Reinforced Armor 6AP and 10% more AC than DoS III
- Toughness, Courage of Good, and Focus of Good are not in the defender tree... but not really needed for comparison.
26 AP on live vs 35AP...
Feel free to point out anything I'm missing, but the defender trees don't seem to be coming out ahead with the enhancement pass, which is unfortunate.