Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: New Epic Feats

Cool

Combined Epic Rep (for Bluff & Perform) + RUIN.
    Totally luv the combo, --Just Devastating!
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dQw4w9WgXcQ

TKSK - Thelanis ("Best Server" -NyTimes).

Quote Originally Posted by Kawai View Post
    Combined Epic Rep (for Bluff & Perform) + RUIN.
    Totally luv the combo, --Just Devastating!
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dQw4w9WgXcQ

Oh wow, so it IS affected by Spellpower and Metas too. 4k damage is insane!
    Quote Originally Posted by Rys View Post
    Severlin and Severlin Online. PLAY FOR FREE* NOW!

*maybe
    Farwil, Chaos Gamblers - Argonessen.

Are you folks sure that Ruin is a spell and not a martial attack?

One, two! One, two! and through and through. The vorpal blade went snicker-snack!
    He left it dead, and with its head. He went galumphing back.

Community Member

Default New Feats

For those who haven't tried it yet, when on Lam, just go to Feats on your character sheet and click "show unavailable" to read about all the new ones.

Once they go live, I'm swapping Bulwark of Defense for Blinding Speed. If Ruin is modified by force spellpower, I'd definitely consider getting it as my next feat.

Cool beans and just one more reason why completionist should be autogrant....

Community Member

Another epic feat I would really like to see is targeted at divines.

<No Name>
    Spell DC for all divine spells, number of SP and number of Turns is based on the highest of Wis and Cha.

This would give divines a chance to either play a Wis based or a Cha based build to the full but at the cost of using a feat. For epic levels I would consider that powerful but definitely not overpowering and hence create more interesting options.

Quote Originally Posted by mikarddo View Post
    Another epic feat I would really like to see is targeted at divines.

<No Name>
    Spell DC for all divine spells, number of SP and number of Turns is based on the highest of Wis and Cha.

This would give divines a chance to either play a Wis based or a Cha based build to the full but at the cost of using a feat. For epic levels I would consider that powerful but definitely not overpowering and hence create more interesting options.
    Favored Souls would benefit from this too much. They'd just dump WIS and wait for this feat.
    Quote Originally Posted by amnota View Post
    Halfling thrower builds are fun.

Of course the trick is in knowing just how to bend the halfling...otherwise they never come back.

I love that they are adding more epic feats to the game! I do like Ruin, blinding speed, and watchful eye more than the others though. In regards to Ruin, I love the fact that they're adding epic spells to the game from the Epic Hand book. At much more power too, in the Epic Handbook Ruin only does 20d6(Max damage:120, without metamagic and has a save for half and spell resistance)! There is a greater Ruin (35d6(Max:210) in the Epic book, but no where near as awesome as what they are proposing.

In regards to what others are saying about Ruin in the thread, I have to agree with the people that are saying if it can be effected by meta magic and spell power it will be quite useful. I know that even though it's much better than the Pen and paper version that doesn't always make it good enough for DDO.

Anyone know for sure if we are getting another feat slot at level 28?
    Kill'em all and let their favorite deity sort'em out
    Quote from a shroud run "I am an idiot, not a newb"

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by Ellihor View Post
    With a 250 base force spellpower (very easy to get) and more 225 from metas you would be looking to 500*5.75 = 2875 UNTYPED INSTANT DAMAGE WITH NO SAVE FOR 75 SP, OR 4312 ON HELPLESSS (or even more if it can crit). Thaths already insanly overpowered, even more if it is a feat, and you want to cut the sp cost for 50? For me its already good, and should benefit only from base spellpower (not metas), like energy burst.

Edit: this woud be very nice dps boost for divines (both caster and mlee and healbots too), and gish characters like artificers (juggernauts included).
    Overpowered? Uh? Wake up. This is Boulder Toss, but costs a feat and 75 SP instead of... you know... ZERO. Energy burst does way more, does it to multiple targets, costs 20 SP, and doesn't waste a feat. Prism Stance + Double Rainbow does even better, for a 4 SP magic missile, and again, doesn't waste a feat.

Even if this had the standard 3 second reuse timer, it being at 75 SP means you'd be an idiot to take it. Overpowered my butt. If destinies didn't exist, the feat *might* be viable, but compared to destines it's garbage.

Quote Originally Posted by Bolo_Grubb View Post
    Anyone know for sure if we are getting another feat slot at level 28?
    http://ddowiki.com/page/Feats

Every character gets one feat at first level, and then at 3rd level and every 3 heroic levels after that (6th, 9th, 12th, 15th, 18th) for a total of 7.

Every character also gets a feat at level 21 and 24 (epic levels 1 and 4), for which Epic Feats can be selected in addition to standard feats

We should be getting one at 27 and 30 for a total of four epic feats.

Level cap should go to 30 next yearish.

Remote possibility of a bonus feat for an epic completionist type condition but very unlikely, think extra twist slot instead.
    Somewhat possible making completionist/epic completionist auto grants thereby freeing up a feat.
    Definitely possible Toughness will no longer be a must take feat thereby freeing up a feat.

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by pelaaja View Post
    Favored Souls would benefit from this too much. They'd just dump WIS and wait for this feat.
    Some would - and some would consider the cost of a feat to be too high. Similarly for clerics and possibly but less likely paladins. The cost of a feat used offsets the gain nicely. Compare to Epic reflexes for someone with Evasion and high reflex saves and what I propose isnt above mediocre.

Community Member

[QUOTE=JOTMON;5030524]B]Blinding Speed:[/B] Permanent Haste (+30% enhancement to movement speed, +15% enhancement to attack speed, +1% dodge, +1 attack & +1 reflex saves)
    ~Nice i could see people taking this, not quite full haste but decent

If the description is accurate, it is haste. The 32% movement speed is not accurate in the spell description of haste fyi.

Hero

Quote Originally Posted by SteeleTrueheart View Post
    Some new epic feats are visible on Lama at the moment.

MAY BE PLACEHOLDER... NOT SET IN STONE... YADA YADA.

Blinding Speed: Permanent Haste (+30% enhancement to movement speed, +15% enhancement to attack speed, +1% dodge, +1 attack & +1 reflex saves)

Epic Fortitude / Reflexes / Will: +2 to appropriate saving throw and no longer fail on a 1.

Epic Luck of Heroes: +1 all saves

Epic Reputation: +3 Bluff, Diplo, Intim & Perform

Ruin: Deal 500 untyped damage to a single foe. SP cost: 75 No saving throw.

Watchful Eye: If you pass within 5' of a trap, you make a search check to notice it as if actively searching. (You still need the trapfinding feat to sucessfully search for difficult traps)
    Turbine: Putting "Epic" in front of "Luck of Heroes" doesn't make it a worthwhile feat. The heroic "Luck of Heroes" feat is hardly considered "good". The epic version should be +2 to all saves. Remember, we only have three epic feat slots and will make the most of them. There are many more heroic feat slots available, depending on the class split.

Epic Fortitude/Reflex/Will should be +3 and not an auto-fail on a 1.

Watchful Eye needs to activate for the new secret door changes too. It needs a passive combat benefit, like +1 Reflex and 1% Dodge.

Epic Reputation should also state "Increase this bonus to +6 if you have 23 ranks in the skill".

Ruin is underwhelming. Halve the SP cost and make it a 12 second cooldown. EE mobs have way too many HPs, and you'll be chain chugging mana pots to make this worth the epic feat slot.
    U19 Kensei: Centered Cleaver | TR Junkie Leveling Framework

~Ying~ (10 lives), ~Hamada~(9 lives), ~Vadanken~ (6 lives), ~Kobeyashi~ (10 lives)
    Over Raided of Orien, First Level 100 Guild

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12