Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: New Epic Feats

Community Member SteeleTrueheart's Avatar

Default New Epic Feats

Some new epic feats are visible on Lama at the moment.

MAY BE PLACEHOLDER... NOT SET IN STONE... YADA YADA.

Blinding Speed: Permanent Haste (+30% enhancement to movement speed, +15% enhancement to attack speed, +1% dodge, +1 attack & +1 reflex saves)

Epic Fortitude / Reflexes / Will: +2 to appropriate saving throw and no longer fail on a 1.

Epic Luck of Heroes: +1 all saves

Epic Reputation: +3 Bluff, Diplo, Intim & Perform

Ruin: Deal 500 untyped damage to a single foe. SP cost: 75 No saving throw.

Watchful Eye: If you pass within 5' of a trap, you make a search check to notice it as if actively searching. (You still need the trapfinding feat to sucessfully search for difficult traps)
    Last edited by SteeleTrueheart; 06-28-2013 at 11:51 AM.
    Khyber - Officer in The Stormreach Thieves Guild
    Steeles (TR 1 Paladin 20 / 8 Epic - TWF) - Steeley (Monkadin - Pal 18/Monk 2/ 8 Epic - Unarmed) - Steeltruhart (TR1 Paladin 17 - S&B Bastardsword) - Steelforged (Pal 20 / 8 Epic - SWF) - Steeltruhurt (TR1 - Pal 8 / Ftr 2 - THF) Steelsouls (Clr 17 / Pal 3 /8 Epic)

Is this for real?

Community Member SteeleTrueheart's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Teh_Troll View Post
    Is this for real?
    Yes.

I had to do a lesser reincarnation to see if the new paladin feats are working and free (they are) so was able to see them in the list. They are not actually selectable as yet and all their icons simply say 'STUB'.
    Khyber - Officer in The Stormreach Thieves Guild
    Steeles (TR 1 Paladin 20 / 8 Epic - TWF) - Steeley (Monkadin - Pal 18/Monk 2/ 8 Epic - Unarmed) - Steeltruhart (TR1 Paladin 17 - S&B Bastardsword) - Steelforged (Pal 20 / 8 Epic - SWF) - Steeltruhurt (TR1 - Pal 8 / Ftr 2 - THF) Steelsouls (Clr 17 / Pal 3 /8 Epic)

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by SteeleTrueheart View Post

Blinding Speed: Permanent Haste (+30% enhancement to movement speed, +15% enhancement to attack speed, +1% dodge, +1 attack & +1 reflex saves)
    Epic Fortitude / Reflexes / Will: +2 to appropriate saving throw and no longer fail on a 1.
    Dislike, just to weak. Epic should be +2
    Meh, something i will never take. Also looks really weak.
    Partial Dislike, ok if Universal Spellpower works with it and Arcane Lore works with it but even then its niche. Only one i could see use this is Cleric because Wiz/Sorc has higher damage aviable for less SP cost but i dont see Clerics have enough free feats to slot it.
    Watchful Eye: If you pass within 5' of a trap, you make a search check to notice it as if actively searching. (You still need the trapfinding feat to sucessfully search for difficult traps)
    Like, nice to see it as an option
    Taenebrae, Daemonsoul, Daemoneyes and Daemonheart of Argonessen
    Glitzakram - Trade Thread

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by Daemoneyes View Post
    Like, nice to see it as an option
    Disagree with you on the Ruin 'Epic' feat. If you're talking about clerics, why not just cast a destruction for less than 75 spell points? You either kill the enemy or do several hundred points of damage. 75 spell points for 500 damage is awful.

Community Member

Blinding speed seems nice, for those who have extra feats, seen also in another thread that there is a new item effeced called speed, basically like haste. (or a portion 30% movement, 7% attack speed) was added to weapons, so im guessing they want us to move faster. XD.

Ruin seems kinda pointless 500dmg for 75 sp is abit of a waste of sp since if you have alot of sp to spare you usually have enough spellpower and decent spells to do well over 500dmg, and if you have low sp (such as a paladin) then your better off using it to buff yourself since you'd melee/range would be able to do more, if you got an SP bar usually you can do proabably do more with less sp.

the watchful is on the other hand... depends what they did. There was an enhancement either in elven/drow/half elf or rogue that did this, so why make a feat of it? which makes me believe that they removed it from the enhancements. Thinking back I believe it was in the elven/drow lines (not sure about h-elf since I never made one) and if it remains in their enhancements as well as a feat for those who dont get that enhancement then its alright.

B]Blinding Speed:[/B] Permanent Haste (+30% enhancement to movement speed, +15% enhancement to attack speed, +1% dodge, +1 attack & +1 reflex saves)
    ~Nice i could see people taking this, not quite full haste but decent

~meh ..expensive but may have some uses.

~meh.. +1 to saves not very epic

~pft.. garbage... but hey maybe someone will want it for a minor bump in skills

~I wouldnt touch this for a 75 sp cost.
    No saving throw 500point damagers vs anything... add meta boosts and could be usefull but too pricy...also see this being nerfed like the monk twisted Ki.
    Take away any meta's and drop the cost to 20sp.

~garbage. 5' means you have to be standing on top of it. needs to be bigger radius.
    Should be a non-epic feat that starts at 5' and adds 1' per character level.
    Last edited by JOTMON; 06-29-2013 at 11:07 PM.
    Jotmon - Let's not forget why we play these games - to have fun - ~
    Guild: Degenerate Matter - 200 (Former Guilds: ChaosKnights, Big Damn Heroes, Shadowfiends, Order of the Drow, Unusual Suspects, Raided R)
    Argo-Jotmon(HC 28/42,EC 26/36,IC 12/12), Jotmonheals(Clr17/Rog2/Mnk1-EC 32/36), Whatthetruck(Raid farmer-2nd life).. and many many more alts..

Update 24: Champions... "whew, it's ok, it's only a red name" .. sad day when trash spawn Champions and their one-shot ignore fort attacks instill more party fear than the Red named bosses.

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by mute_mayhem View Post
    Disagree with you on the Ruin 'Epic' feat. If you're talking about clerics, why not just cast a destruction for less than 75 spell points? You either kill the enemy or do several hundred points of damage. 75 spell points for 500 damage is awful.
    if it functions the same as an SLA, then, no it's not that bad

Figure it gets full Spell Power benefits from force + max/emp, then it's pretty good. With just maximize and empower, no enhancements or gear, you get 1625 damage. Can easily break 2000 if it benefits from force spell power.

I like it, providing it's affected by max/empower, and force spell power, like all other untyped damage.

Only blinding speed is kinda useful. Rest is garbage. 500 points of damage for 75 SP?
    Quote Originally Posted by Rys View Post
    Severlin and Severlin Online. PLAY FOR FREE* NOW!

*maybe
    Quote Originally Posted by Rys View Post
    Reroll.

Community Member

Blinding Speed is certainly a nice feat. I'd be a little concerned about its impact on PUG groups, with the permanently hasted always racing ahead, especially out of range of healers, and then complaining about their health care costs.

I do hope that it operates similar to a stance, with the option to turn on and off.

Hopefully, I will see when I get a toon qualified to try it out.

Ah, the allure of temptation!

Quote Originally Posted by Andu_Indorin View Post
    Blinding Speed is certainly a nice feat. I'd be a little concerned about its impact on PUG groups, with the permanently hasted always racing ahead, especially out of range of healers, and then complaining about their health care costs.

I do hope that it operates similar to a stance, with the option to turn on and off.

Hopefully, I will see when I get a toon qualified to try it out.

Ah, the allure of temptation!
    yet again that will be on the players to do the right thing not turbine. if you cant work with a party and complain about heals then its that person's fault not the healer or turbine. its the same thing right now when people have haste and a divine misses it or is running slower overall.

If ruin is a tag on to a melee attack, it has a lot of potential. In our new world of 100's of clickies (slight hyperbole), it may not be enough to justify both a feat slot and a hotbar slot. It would allow anyone to use touch of death as long as they have sp for it.

It might be a spell like touch attack, in which case I say, meh.

If it's a ranged spell like ability, then it has a few potential uses, but still would be weak for the feat slot and hotbar space.

Blinding Speed is nice for soloers or those that just want to not worry about haste at all. There might be better feat choices for those that like to micromanage clickies and such, but for those that just want to get into the action (and free up micromanagement resources for all the new clickies added) then this could be a nice convenience feat.

Epic fort/ref/will is nice for what it does. It's mainly for the not failing on a 1 portion. We might get into situations where mobs start flinging massive amounts of spells like disintegrate for over 1000 a hit on a 1. This feat might be a must have for a tank... if tanks are at all useful at any point in the future.

Watchful Eye is a great convenience feat though I fear that many players just don't have room for convenience feats when they need to concern themselves with staying useful in combat. A nice addition for those that want to play around with it and have a feat slot to spare (if anyone falls into that category)
    Kaarloe - Degenerate Matter - Argonnessen

actually ruin can be quite nice if its an sla and it can be effected by meta or force line. i would like to see the cost reduced to 50 or so instead of 75.

Community Member

Epic reflexes will pair nice with evasion.

Currently on Lammania Haste is only a 30% Movement bonus, not the 32% it is currently on live. It's exactly the same run speed as Striding 30%. Don't know if this is intentional or an 'Oops'...

Feat: You don't have to wear 100s of good boots, Jorgundal's Collar, use a yellow augment, or have the spell cast on you. 1% Dodge.

Community Member

My take on them:

Blinding Speed: Solid for those that don't want to slot these effects or have the spells

Epic Fortitude / Reflexes / Will: Needs to be +3 to the chosen save and no fail on a 1.

Epic Luck of Heroes: Needs to be +2 to all saves.

Epic Reputation: Needs to be +3 to social skills including Haggle and something else too. (maybe +1 UMD but doesnt really fit the bill, maybe grants that heroic feat improved bluff or whatever it is...)

Ruin: If this is an SLA that is affected by METAs and doesnt cost more sp and lowered the cost to 50sp I could see some people taking it.

Watchful Eye: Decent, should also give you a stacking spot bonus +10 or something to spot those sneaky critters.

They are meant to be epic feats so they need to make them epic.
    Toons:
    Smallmans Syndrome, Rovac, Dragnipur, Prettyhater Machine, Lubed, Castinfist
    Emmpeethree, Hyperkill Hyperthrill and Greyvegas (All on Khyber)

2016 DDO Players Council Qhualor's Avatar

Blinding Speed frees up a Striding slot and the +15% attack speed is nice. the way changes are/have been made, I doubt it will stack.

epic +2 saves is nice, but I wont waste a feat slot.

Luck of Heroes is weak

Epic Reputation is weird. who invests in diplo AND intimidate?

I get why the high sp cost for Ruin since its no save. but still too high and it would be a panic button I would use on my ranger. not that I would waste a feat slot for it on him. why would the classes with the much higher sp pool even bother with it if they have other spells that cost less sp and do the same damage, if not higher? cool spell though.

Watchful Eye actually makes sense, but I think it shouldn't be a feat. it should be an enhancement you can unlock for Rogues/Artificers or builds that invested heavy enough into trapping. besides, we all know monks and barbs are the best at finding traps anyways

Community Member FlaviusMaximus's Avatar

Great find, thanks for posting the descriptions of the feats.

The haste feat is fantastic.

I'm curious to see what the class/stat requirements are for Ruin. Also curious to see how it works with Adrenaline. If the synergy is good, I'll find a way to come up with the 75 sp.

Default Ruin

Quote Originally Posted by CoasterHops View Post
    My take on them:

Ruin: If this is an SLA that is affected by METAs and doesnt cost more sp and lowered the cost to 50sp I could see some people taking it.
    With a 250 base force spellpower (very easy to get) and more 225 from metas you would be looking to 500*5.75 = 2875 UNTYPED INSTANT DAMAGE WITH NO SAVE FOR 75 SP, OR 4312 ON HELPLESSS (or even more if it can crit). Thaths already insanly overpowered, even more if it is a feat, and you want to cut the sp cost for 50? For me its already good, and should benefit only from base spellpower (not metas), like energy burst.

Edit: this woud be very nice dps boost for divines (both caster and mlee and healbots too), and gish characters like artificers (juggernauts included).
    Last edited by Ellihor; 06-29-2013 at 09:18 PM.

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by Ellihor View Post
    With a 250 base force spellpower (very easy to get) and more 225 from metas you would be looking to 500*5.75 = 2875 UNTYPED INSTANT DAMAGE WITH NO SAVE FOR 75 SP, OR 4312 ON HELPLESSS (or even more if it can crit). Thaths already insanly overpowered, even more if it is a feat, and you want to cut the sp cost for 50? For me its already good, and should benefit only from base spellpower (not metas), like energy burst.

Edit: this woud be very nice dps boost for divines (both caster and mlee and healbots too), and gish characters like artificers (juggernauts included).
    I think you might have a point there, its usefulness will be relative to the cooldown and how you can multiply it I guess...
    We will just have to wait and see.
    Toons:
    Smallmans Syndrome, Rovac, Dragnipur, Prettyhater Machine, Lubed, Castinfist
    Emmpeethree, Hyperkill Hyperthrill and Greyvegas (All on Khyber)

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast