Default Cleric - Enhancements

Okay, I'll start...

They are ... ummm ... well how about simply they aren't very good and I would question their overall usefulness.

The first problem is Cleric aren't just healers in todays live version of the game. No matter which one of the three trees I choose as a main tree my character has to be a healbot.

On Live my cleric 17 / Fighter 3 / Epic 3 - you know a War Priest - the character has an 85 AC, 5% dodge, 1890 Spell Points and 564 HP. I cannot come close to matching that the Lamannia build, I know I put a lot of effort into my characters layout for live and so far about 30 minutes on Lamannia so maybe I am missing something. If I move one close to that level something else drop to an unacceptable level.
    I figure I would need another 40 Action Points to make the same character.

The next problem is so many things have threat modifiers increase.... how about decrease threat modifiers?

The Twilight Avengers are always recruiting - http://twilightavengersofeberron.yuku.com/topic/655

this is not a good sign

Hjeal meh!

I think it's because Shade left. DDO devs can't have that so they figure if they nerf all self-healing melees and make divines nothing but healers he'll come back.

2015 DDO Players Council InsanityIsYourFriend's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Teh_Troll View Post
    Hjeal meh!

I think it's because Shade left. DDO devs can't have that so they figure if they nerf all self-healing melees and make divines nothing but healers he'll come back.
    Wait Shade left? I dont have to prepare the axer package on all my toons for the shade wannabies anymore? THANK GOD!

EDIT (no offense to shade at all, just hope people will stop asking for the stupid thing, i mean really stacking str to godlike levels is still only 1 dmg per 2 str. . . . not that much)
    I am Falontani, Zeblazing, Zeholysoul, Zeshadowfist, Zesoulhuntah, Zedrunk, Singingblade, and many alts
    Quote Originally Posted by 404error View Post
    Thanks for the report and Whoa.
    Quote Originally Posted by MajMalphunktion View Post
    This is talked about a ton, and nothing is concrete at this point. Enter bugs with examples. Tons and tons of bugs. Make Gazebo cry.

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by Hoiii View Post
    +1
    perfect follow-up

Soooo is anybody going to post the new and/or revamped trees for those of us not in a place where we can log on right now? The criticisms listed so far are fairly vague, would like to see what it is you're talking about.
    Raever of Madness * Stormraver * Fireraver * Dreamraver * Skyraver * Solraver * Technoraver * Raverlution * Foraver
    Ghallanda ReRolled
    Quote Originally Posted by Feather_of_Sun View Post
    Turning Ghostbane into a meme is, in my book, the best thing to happen to DDO in awhile.

I took a first look upon this new tree, for me it greatly suits the class current needs:

- Clerics have many useless spell slots: checked, tree grants new spells INTO THE SPELLBOOK (along with SLA's)
    - Clerics lack Spell Penetration enhancement: checked, it is there
    - Clerics lack DPS: checked, this tree consists of MANY MANY dps options, including Spellpower (light, neg, universal) and new spells
    - Clerics lack DC: checked, it is indeed there. For necro or evocation.

I havent tested it for real yet. Too busy.
    Last edited by Ebergar; 06-28-2013 at 02:03 PM.

Community Member

Finally got lama downloaded new enhancement tree Divine Disciple that's based on choices of Light, Neg and general spell casting. SLAs are choice of Nimbus/Chill Touch, Searing light/Necro bolt, Holy Smite/Unholy Blight, Flame Strike/Mass Inflict mod wounds. There fire,force,neg and light spell power choices. Also 2% to neg or light and 1% crit to all spell types enhancement line. Choice of +1 necro or evo in the final 2 tiers for a total of +2. Looks interesting so far from small glance for caster clerics.

Core spells from tree
    Emissary 5 neg/5 light sp
    Sacred defense +2 saving throws
    Enervation/Sun bolt(5-8light dmg per cl upto 150-240)
    Necro Ray/Sunbeam
    PW:stun/Sunburst
    Transcend Darkness- +2wis, 5light, +2saving throw/ Transcend Light- +2wis,5neg, +2saving throw
    Last edited by Hoiii; 06-28-2013 at 03:35 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Hoiii View Post
    Finally got lama downloaded new enhancement tree Divine Disciple that's based on choices of Light, Neg and general spell casting. SLAs are choice of Nimbus/Chill Touch, Searing light/Necro bolt, Holy Smite/Unholy Blight, Flame Strike/Mass Inflict mod wounds. There fire,force,neg and light spell power choices. Also 2% to neg or light and 1% crit to all spell types enhancement line. Choice of +1 necro or evo in the final 2 tiers for a total of +2. Looks interesting so far from small glance for caster clerics.

Core spells from tree
    Emissary 5 neg/5 light sp
    Sacred defense +2 saving throws
    Enervation/Sun bolt(5-8light dmg per cl upto 150-240)
    Necro Ray/Sunbeam
    PW:stun/Sunburst
    Transcend Darkness- +2wis, 5light, +2saving throw/ Transcend Light- +2wis,5neg, +2saving throw
    Ok, still haven't seen it myself but it seems like this is what people were asking for from an offensive casting point of view. I suppose the OP's disappointment is due to a lack of a martial warpriest tree. But then, that is what splashing is for. I guess I would like more detail from the OP as to the reasons for his displeasure when the tree as described does not sound like a nanny bot to me.

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by psteen1 View Post
    Ok, still haven't seen it myself but it seems like this is what people were asking for from an offensive casting point of view. I suppose the OP's disappointment is due to a lack of a martial warpriest tree. But then, that is what splashing is for. I guess I would like more detail from the OP as to the reasons for his displeasure when the tree as described does not sound like a nanny bot to me.
    I have seen the new tree and I'm also having trouble understanding the hatred for it in this thread. It's light years better than the **** trees we saw in the first look. Granted, the awful protection tree is still there (and FvS still has it), but this is a fairly powerful caster tree. I just might TR something into a cleric after the enh pass.

And yeah, in a perfect world the protection tree would have never existed and instead we'd have had War priest from the get go. But this is Turbine, so it's enough of a surprise to see a decently good cleric tree at all.

Quote Originally Posted by mute_mayhem View Post
    I have seen the new tree and I'm also having trouble understanding the hatred for it in this thread. It's light years better than the **** trees we saw in the first look. Granted, the awful protection tree is still there (and FvS still has it), but this is a fairly powerful caster tree. I just might TR something into a cleric after the enh pass.

And yeah, in a perfect world the protection tree would have never existed and instead we'd have had War priest from the get go. But this is Turbine, so it's enough of a surprise to see a decently good cleric tree at all.
    You're not alarmed that they haven't ditched the protector tree altogether?

Why on earth wouldn't they just put it in the bin? I realize it's development hours lost, but it's even more dev hours lost trying to polish the turd and never getting anywhere with it...

Quote Originally Posted by DrNuegebauer View Post

Why on earth wouldn't they just put it in the bin? I realize it's development hours lost, but it's even more dev hours lost trying to polish the turd and never getting anywhere with it...
    You've never been in a job where somebody's idiotic pet-project gets railroaded through?

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by DrNuegebauer View Post

Where in my post did I say I was not alarmed that protection was still there?

I can praise the new tree without repeating the same old stuff that's been said about the absolutely worthless tree we first saw.

That in no way indicates my acceptance of the awful tree.

You're right, protection needs to DIAF, but the devs have been hearing that since the first alpha look. If they had intended to remove it, they would have done so for this look at the enhancements.

Logical thinking is a wonderful thing, ehh?