Default Randgen armor with blue augment slots dropping?

Randgen armor with blue augment slots dropping?

I haven't run across any with slots other than colorless, just wondering if they're out there.

Quote Originally Posted by MartinusWyllt View Post

I haven't run across any with slots other than colorless, just wondering if they're out there.
    yes. rarer.

Community Member

Yes, they drop.
    But with the tiers of random items (ml4, ml8 and so on) and ml increase from slot alone, its useless for cannith crafting.
    And finding a blue slot with good Enchants is almost impossible as the only useful Enchants are already super rare.
    Taenebrae, Daemonsoul, Daemoneyes and Daemonheart of Argonessen
    Glitzakram - Trade Thread

Thanks!

I'm just keeping an eye out for some that I can craft on for a primarily crafting alt that I might sometimes drag out but won't be greensteeling or epic gearing. The slot itself is a +2 enchantment bump for crafting and any ML for a particular augment is independent of the total enchantment, right?

More-or-less gave-up on passing BtA armor around for TRs after superior stability got jumped in ML.

In the last month or so, I've had maybe 1 piece of random loot that could slot a blue augment, and another that could slot a red one. Aside from that, everything is either yellow or colorless.

Community Member

I find crafted till lvl12-14 still superior, especially if you still got large Guildslot Robe/Armor.
    typically i use
    of invulnerablity till lvl7
    Lifeshield of Axeblock from 7 on together with Ring of the Mire.
    from that on it depends on the class but usually i wear it till lvl12 (then swap to cannith challenge robe) or 14 (parasitic breastplate with +10 reflex or from the same chain the docent)

I have a fully upgraded set of the armor from the Pirate event but still couldnt bring myself to create / tr into a non evasion char =)

Community Member moomooprincess's Avatar

Default Yes, I always check all armor

Lots of Colorless, but you can find red and blue if you look for one week.

Be sure to peruse the AH and the armor vendor every night. I can almost guarantee that you will find exactly what you are looking for.
    Recipemaker Guild: Top Chef School of Recipes

Event Statistics: Risia, Festivult, Midwinter, Daily Dice, Mimic Hunt

Community Member Ironclans_evil_twin's Avatar

Yes, and docents as well, as for being useless for crafting, that depends on how generic the build or uber twinked out your character is.

I have a Bard that wants Superior Stability (+6 prot and ressits to all saves in one affix) a Red slot random gen shield of the right "minimum level" gives max possible shield bonus, and allows high level Devotion in a red slot + Superior stability (plus another affix, and +1 to +5 enhancement bonus as ML permits) good luck finding a shield with that combo... Now I could do the same thing with his Armor and use a more "uber" shield, but the best armor in the game for his particular slotting needs is Parasitic BP. So until 25 level when I MIGHT be slightly better off trying to slot +7 or more Protection and +7 or more resist saves and no longer using Stability this is an excellent use of Cannith crafting. In fact due to the slot consolidation a good argument can be made that unless I'm going to use that ml25-ish shield with three augment slots that I can't remember the name of, that I may still be marginally better off keeping the crafted shield, in fact I have a Min level 22 random shield with a red slot waiting in the bank to craft on; if this option ends up being the best.

IMO these days there's no such thing as a stock answer any more. Cannith crafting on a shield or a Docent with an augment color you need to fit in and a Affix that is hard to find on "just right" gear especially (as there are a relatively poor selection of Docents compared to armor, and shields likewise only a handful of really good ones) is often an option that can let you complete your "load out" with the best possible combination of affixes, where ignoring cannith crafting might leave you with a compromise in a gear slot that actually leaves you less optimal.

Stability for example +7 prot is only +1 AC that is adding very little on top of +6 and it's requiring that I move to using 2 gear slots or two blue augments for protection and resistance saves. I haven't even touched on what I can add to the shield at cap when you can add an affix of any ML without increasing the ML of the item, it's probably going to be a minor affix, but still, one less thing to slot elsewhere. It's also nice to use the same loadout for 10 levels, adding +1 to the enhancement bonus every time, and crafting on a higher "absolute minimum level" shield that has higher shield bonus as you increase in level.

I should mention that at cap the Absolute min level 22 random shield has a highly competitive shield bonus. I haven't min maxed it to ML25 but I've seen very nice named shields that have lower shield bonus even with a higher than +5 enhancement bonus.

Anyway my example is shields but the same applies to Armor and docents... the only thing I'll say is there are much better armors, so it applies less, but there are still combo's that Cannith crafting allows, especially on out of the box builds.
    Last edited by Ironclans_evil_twin; 06-28-2013 at 01:21 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by moomooprincess View Post
    Lots of Colorless, but you can find red and blue if you look for one week.

Be sure to peruse the AH and the armor vendor every night. I can almost guarantee that you will find exactly what you are looking for.
    What kind of idiot would vendor off an armor with blue slot?
    "Beauty is in the eye of the beholder."

"Of course it is. Are YOU going to question beholder's artistic sense?"

Quote Originally Posted by brian14 View Post
    What kind of idiot would vendor off an armor with blue slot?
    One who already has all the gear (s)he wants or the item doesn't benefit him/her, or it's truly useless.

Haven't seen any armor but got a shield with a blue slot recently.

Community Member

I vendored several of them, without being searchable in the AH nobody finds them/buys them there.
    So instead of hoping and re-listing them hundreds of times i just junk them.

Re-listing is just to much hassle in this game,
    the ah doesnt remember prices
    the ah has no auto price compare with the option to automaticly price it x% less then the lowest price found
    the ah misses over half the search options
    the ah doesnt even have item price statistics, scalable 1d-3d-7d-1m-3m-6-12
    the ah still has 50 item limit (shard ah 10, which is a complete joke..) [i had often more auctions of 3 items running then i can have here at all..]
    when you are used to the WOW AH with mods then the DDo AH just sucks.

If you want me to relist all that stuff every 3days i would ask so much money for the items that you wouldnt buy them anyway :P

I have 1 docent with a Blue slot, 1 staff and 1 club with a Red slot.

They are like 1% of items with slots have a blue or red slot (probably less, like 0.1%).

I've been looking for light armor with a blue slot forever. My ranger is level 11 now, and gets 4-8 sets of light armor on pretty much every end reward list. I always check them all, and have yet to see one.

To Daemoneyes, if you want to sell this armor on the auction house, disjunct it first, so it just shows up as generic armor. The way people used to list things with guild slots. People will find it. This is how i always look for it.

Have seen robes and some armor with blue slots. Not many at all, so the combo appears to be rare from my limited experience.
    There is no free lunch.

Quote Originally Posted by lugoman View Post
    Haven't seen any armor but got a shield with a blue slot recently.
    Yesterday I found a shield with a RED slot. Which is not supposed to be possible.
    "Beauty is in the eye of the beholder."

"Of course it is. Are YOU going to question beholder's artistic sense?"

Community Member

Over on Lama this weekend I did have a random blue slot armor drop.

Community Member

Remember that colored slots give +2 to ML so if you are looking for blank ones you need to search the auction house for the right level. (Search level 3 items for blanks, for example).
    The Silver Legion - Guild Medieval
    Arisan - Arisanna - Arisanto - Arisgard - Betatest
    Cannith

Community Member Ironclans_evil_twin's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by brian14 View Post
    Yesterday I found a shield with a RED slot. Which is not supposed to be possible.
    I posted about shields with red slots already in this thread so they are most definitely possible. The only things "not possible" are green or purple slots on any random stuff. Everything else not named follows the rules: Red slots are possible on weapons and shields (hand held stuff), blue are possible on armor robes and docents. Yellow on anything wearable, white on anything I think (I haven't seen white on armor/robes/docents but probably because I'm not looking).