Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Vargouille View Post
    or we could go fix more bugs.
    Let me know when you actually do re: mobs moving after being CC'd and spell crits.

Founder

Are sorcerers going to get a second tree before release???

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by Gratch View Post
    Don't see how this got changed. You still got cleric domain in my FVS. Remove this travesty before it goes live and setup Divine Avenger already.
    Quote Originally Posted by maddong View Post
    Quoted for Truth.

I see 4 trees on my Sorc20. One per element as before. Or you want something more? Though Earth locks out Air and Fire locks out Water... as you'd expect.
    Meaning that they have four flavor variants of the Elemental Savant PrE. Rather than adding the Acolyte of the Skin that was announced for them, or other options.
    Last edited by ForumAccess; 06-28-2013 at 03:35 PM.

I see 4 trees on my Sorc20. One per element as before. Or you want something more? Though Earth locks out Air and Fire locks out Water... as you'd expect.

If you have a multiclass character make sure to notice the new BIG RIGHT POINTING ARROW on your enhancement selection (right side of) screen. Lets you flip across the SIX class panels.
    Last edited by Gratch; 06-28-2013 at 03:13 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Cordovan View Post
    DO NOT DO THIS. We are investigating.

-- edited out.

originally thought halfling tree was bugged, turns out the problem I encountered was a result of changing several enhancement trees at one go then saving changes. one tree was not saved (racial).

problem solved by changing and saving one tree at a time.
    Last edited by Lauf; 06-29-2013 at 02:56 PM.

Founder

Yeah, and I'm sure wizards are enjoying their 7 archmage prestige trees and I always loved how draconic incarnation was split into 4 EDs. Just because you split kensai into 1 tree per weapon doesn't mean you can say "look at all those prestige options!"

Sorcerers only have one tree.

Please please please give us this.

The worst part about the situation that sorcs are currently in is that putting AP into any tree but a single elemental tree will make a sorc significantly weaker than a wizard, even in their key element. Sorcs need a non-elemental option that grants +1 USP per AP spent. Heck, give them Archmage as a placeholder if you can't come up with anything by the time of the expansion... just give them something.
    Raever of Madness * Stormraver * Fireraver * Dreamraver * Skyraver * Solraver * Technoraver * Raverlution * Foraver
    Ghallanda ReRolled
    Quote Originally Posted by Feather_of_Sun View Post
    Turning Ghostbane into a meme is, in my book, the best thing to happen to DDO in awhile.

Founder

Quote Originally Posted by dejafu View Post
    Please please please give us this.

The worst part about the situation that sorcs are currently in is that putting AP into any tree but a single elemental tree will make a sorc significantly weaker than a wizard, even in their key element. Sorcs need a non-elemental option that grants +1 USP per AP spent. Heck, give them Archmage as a placeholder if you can't come up with anything by the time of the expansion... just give them something.
    I would love to have access to the seven archmage prestige trees on my sorcerer. Fvs and clerics are sharing a tree. In pnp both sorc and wiz have access to archmage.

[TD]DDO: u18: Enhancements: Fighter: CBug: Add Haste Boost
    Vargouille in my sig is happy!

lol Maj, what's the MKII on the title? XD
    Last edited by Phemt81; 06-28-2013 at 08:39 PM.
    How to revamp past life reward system <--- working again
    We absolutely planned for Fighter to still have Haste Boost. It's absolutely a bug. Any similar issues that look "wrong" to any player should be bugged.
    Developers should fix this

Quote Originally Posted by Phemt81 View Post
    Vargouille in my sig is happy!

lol Maj, what's the MKII on the title? XD
    Mortal Kombat 2, now FIGHT!
    Ainur Wer'lak Thelanis

Quote Originally Posted by ushram View Post
    Dunno, the first thing that came to my mind was "Mark 2" which usually refers to the second version of a military hardware, and reminds me on the role playing game of MechWarrior.

However there is also a Metal band with their MK II (Masterplan album)
    * We have collectable bags, hell even hireling folders, but can I have that 6-pack for my potions please?
    * Having already a past life on the dieng EU servers, I rerolled here and started from scratch as I like the game and the community, so lets see what awaits me here

Community Member

I dont see anything is like "Enhancements: Paladin: Knight of the Chalice: Divine Might(sacred) does not stack with Stance STR(compentence)"

Please dont tell me its WAI

Community Member

Thumbs up

This is one reason why we sometimes fear releasing notes like this, even though it's giving out more information. Don't always assume the worst.

That's a bug that was addressed. The change was this:

"Greater Dragonmark of Storm is supposed to do 1d10 Electric damage per character level. The tooltip has been updated."

This is just one example dug up after spending some time to research it.

Those are just the internal titles of some of the bugs that got addressed. It's not the actual change that resulted from the bug. It would be great to tell you every change... or we could go fix more bugs.
    Under those circumstances I'm really sorry for my outburst. But like you said from just the lines you gave us I got the impression that it was nerfed that way.

But really you should consider upping the druid spell. I just leveled up a druid spell caster and was quiet exited to use the first "Call Lightning Storm" which is targed and does decent amount of damage. Imagine my face when I saw that my beloved "Call Lightning Storm" that I liked from various builds with "Marks of the Storm" was just a terribad version that did only insignificant amounts of damage for a spell which you can't control and that randomly throws some lightings down.

Greets & Thx,

Broken One

The Hatchery
    2014 DDO Players Council

Quote Originally Posted by MajMalphunktion View Post
    No it turns off when a shield or weapon are unequipped.
    /sigh

Please stop with the pigeon-holing. Please?
    It's definitely an N-word.

Are sorcerer and caster trees going to be changed at all?

No changes were made despite many pages of feedback.

Founder

Default You guys have done some nice work but....

I haven't been playing much after the TR ED loss controversy but here is some feedback based on what I have read so far of the lammania preview:

Excellent work on the epic feats.
    I would drop the epic reputation (+ skills) feat. Actually if you want to make things more newbie friendly (which I think is one of the goals of this expansion pack) I would drop all skill focus feats except skill focus UMD (people are less able to cripple their builds that way). Lower the Lord of Blades intimidate threshold to compensate. Please remove improved fortification as a warforged option as well as negotiator, athletic, combat casting, etc.
    I would increase epic luck of heroes (the +1 all saves) to +2 all saves (it doesn't have the no fail saves component which is what makes the others desirable).

Excellent work on the new cleric tree.
    I would just do the suggested improving on the evil side SLAs.

I like that you are opening up multi class options by allowing 6 class trees.

But...
    It has been 2 months and it looks like most of the work has been a single class tree and some bug fixes.
    I think you need more time to have a finished enhancement tree product.
    I think it is paramount to have good cleric/fvs enhancements (for healthy non BYOH pugging grouping that allows build variety) and polished trees when you launch them.

I would:
    Separate the enhancement pass from the expansion pack.
    Give us a new preview of enhancements every 2 months and plan on releasing it at the end of the year or 1st half of next year (when you are getting mostly positive feedback instead of mostly negative feedback).

Add the warpriest melee tree to clerics.
    Add the divine avenger melee tree to FVS (based on getting divine disciple after 2 months I'm guessing this would take 4 months to add those 2 trees).
    Have clerics and FVS share the healing tree instead of the protection tree.
    Ditch protection from clerics and FVS.

Have wizards and sorcerers share the archmage tree (or have them share all 3 trees: savant, archmage, and palemaster for more build options... they share them all in PNP). This wouldn't take much development time.

Remove wand heightening and critical accuracy enhancements or combine them with wand/scroll mastery and critical damage enhancements.

Either have all spell power bonuses be 2 points per AP spent capping at 80 (so people aren't discouraged from going into racial trees or non SP granting trees). Have the cap raised to 100 if you have the palemaster or archmage level 20 capstone or 120 if you have the savant level 20 capstone.

Alternatively add a generic tree that has wizard style spell power/critical enhancements without capstones.
    Last edited by maddong; 06-30-2013 at 08:49 PM.

Founder

After hearing about ruin I withdraw the 50 spell point request, it is fine at 75.

I think before the enhancement release the following things need to be fixed as the highest priority:

Sorcerers only have 1 prestige tree. Add a second one (easiest to share archmage, or just have wizards and sorcerers share all trees).

The Protection tree needs to be removed from the game. If you are making a baby sitter why would you not focus on the Healing tree? Having a lesser option for the same type of character shouldn't exist. If you feel there is something really cool in the protection tree then move it into one of the other trees to strengthen the coolness of the class (we already combined spellsinger/virtuoso and kotc/hotd, why recreate the problem?).

FVS effectively have 1 prestige tree. Give them healing instead of protection. I would prefer they add divine avenger and warpriest prior to release but if you are going to rush job it at least give them the healing tree (extra turns can grant the turn undead feat if you don't already have it).

Fighters effectively have 1 prestige tree. The defender tree should offer something to people that aren't using a shield (unless everyone is just supposed to splash 2 monk for defensive strikes and grandmaster stances....). If defenders need to have less PRR than on live the developers should tell us instead of not saying anything.

Paladins effectively have 1 prestige tree. See above. Both paladin trees should give healing spell power. Divine might is useless for defenders currently.

Rangers don't get healing spell power. Currently on live everyone complains about how overpowered pure rangers are. Wait, no they don't.

You already gain a ton from 2/ splash builds with paladin, fighter, and monk. Now they get divine might (+ 1/2 charisma to tactics), +3 tactics, and 50 PRR respectively.... I'd be happy if we at least encouraged more 4/ splashes of those classes.

The self nerfing of spell power when you are playing a caster class (druid or bard) and you want at least some or most of things in the non spell power tree or racial tree. We either need 2 spell power per point with a cap (regardless of how many trees you get them from) so we can freely go into other trees without penalty or a separate generic tree for spell power.

Sorcerers only have 1 prestige tree. Add a second one (easiest to share archmage, or just have wizards and sorcerers share all trees).
    Having 2 classes share the same tree is a bad idea. With all the interesting possibilities theres no reason any class should have to share.

Sorc needs Acolyte of the Skin or all Sorcs are going to be identical besides what flavor element they spam.

Currently Archmage is a bit weak, I would hate to see everyone go PM, Therefore Wizards really need a 3rd tree to mix things up a bit.

Maybe give Sorcs Savant, Wildmage and Acolyte and give Wizards Palemaster, Archmage and Red Wizard.

Rangers don't get healing spell power. Currently on live everyone complains about how overpowered pure rangers are. Wait, no they don't.
    I believe this is taken care of with the Heal skill now. So, it actually save some points. What they really need to do is remove the point spending requirements for individual trees and just have level requirements that satisfy all trees... so if you spend 20 points, you can open all the lvl 4 trees, not just 1 tree. I think that would help with the pigeon holing that they are up against.
    Sarlona Server Mythical:
    Kluege Fixer- Baddabing - Majuscule Kluege - Klueje - Klooj Maker - Dundar Kluege - Superkluege

Quote Originally Posted by ushram View Post
    Same thought here lol.

This thread is even more enhanced by a good sense of humour
    How to revamp past life reward system <--- working again
    We absolutely planned for Fighter to still have Haste Boost. It's absolutely a bug. Any similar issues that look "wrong" to any player should be bugged.
    Developers should fix this

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast