Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by AsburyParker View Post
    Maybe this is their tactic for dealing with the lack of forming balanced groups. They’ll force us to do it by confining builds to only fit predetermined functions. It’s genius; it’ll have to work, right?
    For the 20% of the people who stick around for DDO:NGE I'm sure it will work just fine.

Quote Originally Posted by Teh_Troll View Post
    BYOH looks like it might be done with the gutting of Devotion line on martial classes that used to have them.

You mean you USED TO build battle-clerics until Turbine removed the option. We can't have options, this game must be simple for all the WOWTards and the simpletons who like Neverwinter.

Now hjeal meh!
    everyone from wow and whinter can shut up and learn to play otherwise go back to playing their games for morons.... DDO USES BRAINS NOT IDIOTS.

I don't Have to play this I still have SC2 wings of liberty I can go play and i don't even have to learn how to build anything cause IT TELLS YOU HOW....... DnD Takes some Time to learn how to play its not your toddlers game. but what WB and Turbine are doing is making it harder for me to actually still want to play this game.

hell i could just sell my account after i cancel my subscription and not have to worry about toddlers complaining "ITS TOO HARD MAKE IT EASIER FOR ME TO MAKE A CLASS" "THIS GAME IS TOO EASY MAKE IT HARDER".... you want to complain about the game is to easy then don't make such a good build, and if you are complaining that its too hard to build your class THEN ASK QUESTIONS...... INFORMATION HAS NO VALUE THAT CAN BE MET WITH MONEY.
    Last edited by rsking; 06-28-2013 at 10:47 AM. Reason: typo
    tepidus flamma of amicitia mos usquequaque persevero ustulo in nostrum pectus pectoris pro totus infinitio

Hero

Very disappointed with what I've seen initially. Nothing that I had issues with got changed.

My ranger will still have to get a new weapon collection in order to take advantage of Tempest. This I can live with. More reason to play the game. However, the top tiers of Tempest seem to be still clickies. That disappoints me very much. I'm not a big clickie user, especially with something that lasts one hit up to 10 seconds with such long cooldowns.

The other big issue being my wife plays an AA cleric. Odd build I know but it works for her and what makes her happy, makes me happy. Several changes for her were not entirely welcome but she can deal with. But one, only one, issue that had her really unhappy was that she can't take both Slaying arrows and Healing Aura as they are both top tier abilities. Again I'll mention it, I don't believe that Healing Aura is worthy of being a top tier ability. It should be included in the core abilities similar to how it's included in the PRE abilities. This single change may cause her to quit DDO altogether and if not quit then there definitely one less cleric running around.

Thanks for listening.

Community Member

Angry

Quote Originally Posted by MajMalphunktion View Post
    DDO: u18: Enhancements: Half-Elf - Greater Dragon Mark of Storm deals outdoor damage indoors[/TD]
    DDO: u18: Enhancements: Half-Elf - Greater Dragon Mark of Storm deals greater than 5d10 damage[/TD]
    You tell me you fixed the Greater Dragon Mark of Storm to be like the crappy druid spell? Thanks for nothing, now I can delete all my dragon mark feats and have 3 instead of 2 new feat slotes when this gets to Live. If you change the Greater Dragon Mark of Storm to the crappy 5d10 druid version you can really better delete the whole Marks of Storm. Mark of Storm was bugged so long, not working with Sorcerer Air Savant and I was hoping since ages you would finally make a investment of feats or enhancement points into a dragonmark line wortwhile.

Perhaps you should consider to up the crappy and really useless druid spell to what the Greater Dragon Mark of Storm is like now or delete them both -_-

Sorry for being rude but I talked about this with Tolero at the Gamescom in Germany... nothing happend and now its getting nerfed...

Greets,

Broken One

DDO: u18: Enhancements: Half-Elf - Greater Dragon Mark of Storm deals greater than 5d10 damage
    Quote Originally Posted by Broken_0ne View Post
    You tell me you fixed the Greater Dragon Mark of Storm to be like the crappy druid spell? Thanks for nothing
    This is one reason why we sometimes fear releasing notes like this, even though it's giving out more information. Don't always assume the worst.

That's a bug that was addressed. The change was this:

"Greater Dragonmark of Storm is supposed to do 1d10 Electric damage per character level. The tooltip has been updated."

This is just one example dug up after spending some time to research it.

Those are just the internal titles of some of the bugs that got addressed. It's not the actual change that resulted from the bug. It would be great to tell you every change... or we could go fix more bugs.

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by Vargouille View Post
    ... or we could go fix more bugs.
    ok, go fix some more bugs !

(and if you see the guy working on paladin and fighter shield stance... suggest them to make them work regardless of what the character is currently equipping, at best those stances could give ADDITIONAL bonuses if you wear a shield, but still give the BASIC bonuses to everyone...)

This is one reason why we sometimes fear releasing notes like this, even though it's giving out more information. Don't always assume the worst.

"Greater Dragonmark of Storm is supposed to do 1d10 Electric damage per character level. The tooltip has been updated."

Those are just the internal titles of some of the bugs that got addressed. It's not the actual change that resulted from the bug. It would be great to tell you every change... or we could go fix more bugs.
    Ah, well that's good news. Some of those titles were really worrying. Maybe when Maj posted all of them, he should have said what you just did - that they are only the titles of the bugs that were addressed, not explanations of what was changed. That is good contextual information to have...
    Ascent, Argonnessen ~ Cleatus Yogurthawker | Isostatic Rebound | Mohorovicic Discontinuity | Angular Unconformity
    Ghalanda ~
    Feldspathic Greywacke

Thanks for this post. Makes more sense now, much appreciated.
    Good luck on the bug hunting!
    <-Curelite Bottling Company->

Quote Originally Posted by Chilldude
    Dude, did you see they way that guy just pressed button 1? It was amazing! A display of skill unseen since the 1984 World Games where in the men's room, between events, a man washed his hands with such unbridled majesty that people were claiming the faucet he used was OP.

DDO Producer

Quote Originally Posted by Drwaz99 View Post
    So it's till early for me but is this a list of things fixed, or a list of things still broken? I can't tell. I need coffee.
    Fixed.

DDO Producer

What he said, everything in that list has been addressed. It would take me a day and a half to cull the list into what the fix is. This is more representative of the work they are doing on the system, and they are not near finished. 'this system/class/skill hasn't been addressed" yes there is still time for all of that work to happen. This is by no means finished, just more of a signpost. I'll answer what I can, but I don't have the time to answer every question in a timely matter. So ask away, I'll post answers when I can. I don't expect the developers to waste their hours doing that, me or the kobolds can answer those questions.

Angry

No it turns off when a shield or weapon are unequipped.
    THF Defnder of Siberis totaly ruined. thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by Arianka View Post
    THF Defnder of Siberis totaly ruined. thanks.
    If you took a 1974 pinto . . . and painted it with a brush and house paint . . . would it technically ruin anything?

Looking at some of the stuff I think TWF/THFing "tanking" options might still be on the menu, just not cool with this change to the stance mechanic as it seems arbitrary and stupid.

If you're worried about unintended synergies just don't make it's bonuses stack with stuff from the monk-junk.

So ask away, I'll post answers when I can. I don't expect the developers to waste their hours doing that, me or the kobolds can answer those questions.
    Ok I will ask. Any word on racial prEs for everyone not an elf?
    Still love this game...

Community Member

Fixed.
    I'm going to go ahead and assume that the fixers haven't actually tested their fixes.

DDO: U18: Racial Enhancements: Halfling: Skillful Thrower does not function

And still does not function. Just one I found in about one minute of play time

Quote Originally Posted by Teh_Troll View Post
    Get used to it because it looks like they nerfed everyone self-healing so much we're gonna need nannybots.
    if you take positive spell power enhancements on a non-caster dps toon, you have your priorities mixed up.

umd
    heal scrolls
    healing amp
    ---
    non issue

just sayin

Looks like Level 28 is in some of the game systems (or many/most) but they've currently got a lock set to Level 25 so you can't try out those other levels. Not really a problem unless get (or Guide) XP to L26 and then decide you want to swap some levels around. You cannot reincarnate with a level waiting to be taken. Take that level and then reincarnate. But I can't take that level due to the lock.... sigh.

I also got a client crash after using the DDOStore to buy astral shards on Lama (while in the laggy test dojo). Was going to do some daily dice rolls (that window was open). (Don't currently get client crashes on live).
    Last edited by Gratch; 06-28-2013 at 02:02 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Cordovan View Post
    DO NOT DO THIS. We are investigating.

Community Member

is it wai that ninja training "while you are centered you can use your dexterity modifier for attack (and damage) with piercing and slashing weapons" doesn't works with normal handwraps + vorpal strikes feat "your unarmed attack are now treated as slashing weapons".

If it's so can you change it pretty please?

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by hermespan View Post
    if you take positive spell power enhancements on a non-caster dps toon, you have your priorities mixed up.

umd
    heal scrolls
    healing amp
    ---
    non issue

just sayin
    scrolls are nice to fill up after fight but they are a bad way to fill up infight.

Scrolls need you to swap, this takes time
    Scroll casting cannot be quickend, again more time
    So you are wasting time to swap and wasting time to cast and while casting it you are more likely to get hit because you take longer to cast and cannot runjump as effective as while spellcasting and then you have to swap again to the weapons.

I always found the combination of scrollhealing and casting the best solution.
    After fights up with scrolls, infight up with max&quick spells.

Heal amp is a musthave anyway, so i dont understand why you even mention that here.
    And the loss of spellpower for hybrid classes is a heavy nerf, which should not happen.
    Taenebrae, Daemonsoul, Daemoneyes and Daemonheart of Argonessen
    Glitzakram - Trade Thread

Quote Originally Posted by hermespan View Post

umd
    heal scrolls
    healing amp
    ---
    non issue

just sayin

350+ point quickened CSW FTW.

Do not question me.

DDO: u18: Enhancements: Favored Soul Protection Tree: Same tree as Cleric Protection Tree
    Don't see how this got changed. You still got cleric domain in my FVS. Remove this travesty before it goes live and setup Divine Avenger already.
    Quote Originally Posted by Cordovan View Post
    DO NOT DO THIS. We are investigating.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast