Thread: Fire Trap Parts

Default Fire Trap Parts

I apologize if this has already been posted about however I wasn't able to find any threads on this. I googled it and did seem to find a couple of threads from March but was unable to actually get to them as the forums gave me a 404 error.

My friend plays a rogue and it seems that no matter what type of trap she disables all she gets are fire trap parts. I looked under known issues but could not find this. I was wondering if anyone could tell me if this is a known issue or if it is working as intended or perhaps direct me to the proper thread that is talking about this.

Thanks,

Kyuushuu

Community Member

I've heard you get fire parts in addition to the others, but that's been disputed also.

I do know that over numerous trapper lives, I've got a bag with a fairly even spread of other trap parts and a ridiculous amount of fire parts. Enough that I'm not convinced you get much other than the fire parts.

My last rogue got fire traps as well as other types. The latter / former was always fire, so that is what would pop up in the display.

I have seen that she has only gotten fire trap parts, and on traps that often have nothing to do with fire such as spikes, acid and cold traps, they have all dropped fire. right now she is at 155 fire trap parts and at about 15 for the others.

Community Member

Same thing happening here!
    For the past week or so, every single time I salvage parts, it is ONLY flame parts.
    My bag is filled with less than 20 of each other type, and over 500 flame trap parts.

According to the documentation, a successful salvage will receive parts consistent with the trap type.
    ONE time two days ago, I got Cold parts from a Cold trap, but other than the one incident, I have disabled over 100 traps in the past week or two, and gotten nothing other than flame traps.

This is definitely a bug. I submitted a report to QA already.
    It's irritating me, because I want to use mechanical parts to craft higher thieves tools. But once I used up the bunch I had, about two weeks ago, I've not gotten any more, despite having disabled and salvaged from many many mechanical traps. It's always Fire.

If I recall correctly, around the time this started there was a minor "update."
    It seems like they're continuing to screw up one feature while modifying another.

For a long while we only got Fire Trap parts regardless of what kind of trap was disabled. Nowadays, we get Fire Trap as well as other trap parts.

I have two bags with 1,000 Fire Trap parts in them. The rest I destroy now, as they're useless to me.
    There is no free lunch.