Community Member

Question First Life, Gearless, EE? Can it be done? ~Build Request~

Hey all,

I've got a challenge for you all. I would like a first life (32pt don't worry), not too gear intensive (I have zero raid gear) build that can be viable in the end game. I want to be able to dish out massive DPS and self heal.

Yeah. That's a tough one.

I have all classes and races, but have not used my newly bought monk class so I would prefer not use that (however if that's what needs to be done then I will oblige and use the monk).

If you could either point me to, outline, or even draw up a build for me I would be forever grateful.

Thanks in advance and happy loooting.

Hi,

When I read your thread there's 3 builds that came to my mind, be aware I never tried the 3 build, so I cannot say by personnal experience but by what I saw in EEs when I party with one of 'em.

The Juggernaut: Nice constant DPS, hard to kill and self-healing. It's using monk class altho.

The Monkcher: Yes as the name states, this one is also using monk. Really, really awsome burst DPS. The cooldown aren't that long and the Epic Moment isn't too hard to gain (10 Vorpals). (I really love to have one monkcher for EE Tor Dragons, they just rock the show)

The Shiradi Caster (sorc here): Nice saves, nice self-healing. Maybe downside is that you're DPS kind of depend on your luck with shiradi procs, but once again, never tried it myself. I've seen some Wiz/monk varition that worked well too.

Hope this helped,

Hoss~
    Last edited by bergeau09; 06-27-2013 at 11:12 PM.
    Hossa / Darree ~Khyber~ Doom Legion (Level 75)
    Proud Host of the DDO Hunger Games Along with Fawngate.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jendrak
    Somebody should definitely explain to Turbine that when they roll up a new GM that INT is not dump stat.

Quote Originally Posted by RonSwanson View Post
    Hey all,

I've got a challenge for you all. I would like a first life (32pt don't worry), not too gear intensive (I have zero raid gear) build that can be viable in the end game. I want to be able to dish out massive DPS and self heal.

Yeah. That's a tough one.

I have all classes and races, but have not used my newly bought monk class so I would prefer not use that (however if that's what needs to be done then I will oblige and use the monk).

If you could either point me to, outline, or even draw up a build for me I would be forever grateful.

Thanks in advance and happy loooting.
    shiradi casters! moncher and judg are more gear dependent.

you can lvl up to 20 and then run the eveningstar quests for the wizard set and you're almost done.

2 possibilities:
    - wf or bladeforged 18sorc/2paladin. savant 3 and uber saves, no evasion
    - wf or bladeforged 18wizard/2monk or 2 rogue. archmage evocation specced with nice reflex saves using insightful reflex and evasion

It can work even on a pure 20wizard or sorc but the saves boost and evasion are nice to have.

For both the wiz past life (tr magic missles) is good to have but not essential.

GL ^^
    Avenlight - Human - 12Fvs/6Monk/2Pal/8Epic
    Avenlight - Human - 17Cleric/2Monk/1Fighter/8Epic
    Korsat - Dwarf - 18Wizard/2Monk/8Epic
    Zendark - Halfelf - 12Monk/6Ranger/2Fighter/8Epic

Korsat's Build Index

ROS, Argonessen.

Community Member TheLegendOfAra's Avatar

Me and a few friends just started a project on Argo for completely self sufficient First life EE capable toons.
    All three of us are using the same format/class split:

12Cleric/6Ranger/2Monk

One of us is going the AA route, maxing wisdom and using zen archery (Helf)
    One of us is going handwraps/twf route and maxing wisdom for stuns (Helf)
    And I'm going THF because I'm stupid, maxing str and going PA, Cleave, Great Cleave, and OC.
    (Halfling. Because you know, first life halflings are just so... D'AWWW!)

After some obvious gear grinding and ED grinding at end game that you have to do with any first life toon, these will all be entirely self sufficient EE ready builds that can self heal really well, help keep the party up to some extent, and dish out so-so DPS.

With the ASAH, and the BTCoE nature of most items now days it's pretty easy to gear a first life toon in EH gear, or stuff from eveningstar in just a couple weeks at cap. At which point you should have 1 maxed destiny and be working on your second. So you can start working on EE's if you feel comfortable, but I'd wait till you at least have 1 tier 1 twist, or a 1/2 tier twist just to get some good twists in depending on which build you'd go. This means spending about another week farming ED's getting 4 to cap.
    Araphina Skycrow - 15Paladin/3Ranger/2Fighter (Life 8/25) 5xRanger, 3xPaladin
    Araphell - Arasin - Arathaes - Arawyn - Aravein
    Guild: Fors Fortis;Guild of Won, & VENOM @ Argo
    "And we learn, as we age; We've learned nothing! And my body still aches."