Community Member

Question First Life, Gearless, EE? Can it be done? ~Build Request~

Hey all,

I've got a challenge for you all. I would like a first life (32pt don't worry), not too gear intensive (I have zero raid gear) build that can be viable in the end game. I want to be able to dish out massive DPS and self heal.

Yeah. That's a tough one.

I have all classes and races, but have not used my newly bought monk class so I would prefer not use that (however if that's what needs to be done then I will oblige and use the monk).

If you could either point me to, outline, or even draw up a build for me I would be forever grateful.

Thanks in advance and happy loooting.

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by RonSwanson View Post
    Hey all,

I've got a challenge for you all. I would like a first life (32pt don't worry), not too gear intensive (I have zero raid gear) build that can be viable in the end game. I want to be able to dish out massive DPS and self heal.

Yeah. That's a tough one.

I have all classes and races, but have not used my newly bought monk class so I would prefer not use that (however if that's what needs to be done then I will oblige and use the monk).

If you could either point me to, outline, or even draw up a build for me I would be forever grateful.

Thanks in advance and happy loooting.
    Sounds like a WF Shiradi sorc/wiz to me. There are plenty of builds that are first-life viable and self-sufficient, but "massive DPS" and "not too gear-intensive" would seem to preclude non-caster builds, and "first life" makes DC-based casting a more difficult proposition.

Shiradi arcane is proc-based, and WF means you can self-heal quite nicely.

Community Member

Thumbs up Great question

I have seen a plenty of builds that rely on +3 or +4 tomes, past lives, epic gear, plat...

As a casual player, would be great to see a thread with first life builds with budget gear that rocks heh.

Community Member

Shiradi 18 sorc/2 pally
    Shiradi 18 evo archmage/2 rogue

I dare you to come with something more powerful or easier to play.

Community Member

I'll second the 18 sorc/2 pally suggestions. If you want another option, you could look at the NovaSoul build in my sig... although as soon as I get around to it, I plan to TR that into a human 18 fvs/2 pally.

Saves are critical in EE, and the 2 pally splash helps provide adequate saves without top end gear.

Community Member

Cool!

But... sry for my newbiness but what would a shiradi build be like? Tried to find one in the forums but no luck, even in the "ask for a build get a build", hmmm maybe i should ask for it there heh

And another question, is it a soloable build?

Thanks for the advice!

Quote Originally Posted by dartmien View Post
    Cool!

But... sry for my newbiness but what would a shiradi build be like? Tried to find one in the forums but no luck, even in the "ask for a build get a build", hmmm maybe i should ask for it there heh

Thanks for the advice!
    Shiradi arcanes aren't so much about build as it is about spell choises, you want stuff that hits many times like magic misiles, force misiles, chain misiles, meteor swarm and AoE's when groups of mobs.

combine the multiple hits from the above spells with Shiradi's no-save nerve toxin and double rainbow procs and gear becomes much less of an issue than trying to land DC based spells.
    All you have to do is practice kiting without getting hit too much and you're ready to go.

So to answer your question: From level 1-20 it is just like any sorc/wiz build, but at 20 you swap to the multiple-hit spells and get your dps and CC from the shiradi procs
    -The mash on Argo
    In Soviet Russia Shroud trust in YOU!

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by dartmien View Post
    Cool!

Thanks for the advice!
    WF 18 Sorc / 2 Paladin with high CHA and high CON. The reason why you don't really see builds for them is that they are not so much a 'build' as a play style.

Grind out Epic Destinies until you get your Shiradi Champion tree maxed out. Twist in some niceties, such as Energy Sheath and Brace for Impact. And then keep yourself buffed and Reconstructing as needed, while everything is chasing you inside of Ice Storms while spamming Chain Missiles, Meteor Swarms, and other multi-hit and preferably multi-target spells at them. A very slow task of 'waiting for procs', but it is effective, and takes very little in the way of player skill or gear.

Obviously, you can not do any of this until you have put quite a bit of work into your Epic Destinies, so while leveling you would want to play the character like a more traditional WF sorc.

12 Cleric/2 Monk/6 Fighter

Radiant Servant - Kensei 1
    Evasion, Aura, Bursts, Quickened Heal, in Legendary Dreadnought with cleave, great cleave & overwhelming critical.

Just make sure you let any pug you know join that you don't pack mass heals.

This is offset by the melee in the front line loving you when you're cranking out 3K criticals all while ticking for 25 heal continuously.
    Poetry in motion.

Shiradi is fine, but swinging a great axe is more fun.
    <-Curelite Bottling Company->

Quote Originally Posted by Chilldude
    Dude, did you see they way that guy just pressed button 1? It was amazing! A display of skill unseen since the 1984 World Games where in the men's room, between events, a man washed his hands with such unbridled majesty that people were claiming the faucet he used was OP.

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by Veles View Post
    Shiradi 18 sorc/2 pally
    Shiradi 18 evo archmage/2 rogue

I dare you to come with something more powerful or easier to play.
    At what levels would you take the pally levels? does it matter?

Community Member

19-20. Getting spells and respective savant tiers earlier is more important and gives you more relative power at level than saves in heroic content.
    Be sure to start as lawful good, master touch for martial profficiency for meleeing in 1-6, till you get fire savant and fireball and become a God.

These are the droids you're looking for.

Community Member

None wants to give out any information about beating the game any more because Turbine are always looking for things to tax.

Community Member

Or Level 1 Bladeforged Paladin, and then pick up the second level at 18 or 20, depending. Would make for a superior build, if you have it available to you. But you won't be able to TR into or out of it until Update 20.

I only have first life toons running EEs currently ...... They only started getting decent gear around lvl 20 ( other than their GS bows and a couple toons with goggles )

I have had the benefit of running with a great guild for the last couple years so staying alive is quite easy.

All my toons are archers of some sort and all different builds. Some do waaaaay better in others in quests but what I have found even before I started collecting decent gear across 15 active archers is that

Gear helps for sure .......

BUT it's more about how you play your toon.

I don't get to play much over the summer so usually I come back to quests that have been run by others up to a month before I even see em ( eg: all of eveningstar )

Unequipped and with zero knowledge of a quest even on elite can get you killed fast !!!

Any toon you make will be fine running EEs without all the toys and gear ....... It's just better with it.

Have fun
    " Elize Ryd - Officer @ Band of Gypsys "

" Trapped in my skin - See the nexus in my dreams - But will you bury me within? "

Amaranthe - The NeXuS