Results 1 to 7 of 7
  1. #1
    Community Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Posts
    359

    Default What's worth taking the time to put up on the AH these days?

    I've been gone for a while and haven't done much with the AH now that I'm back. Just wondering what's worth putting up:

    Accessories: Blank +stats above +3? Blank striders, false lifes, fortification, protection, natural armor? Anything else? Blanks with yellow slots?

    Weapons: Really need some help here: Dual damage mod weapons (Elemental/Holy of Puregood/Lacerating/useful bane)? Anything else? Any metal type blank? Any blank with red slots?

    Armors: Blank +numbers of tier with appropriate minimum level? (+5 Magecraft Breastplate ML8 AML10, +3 Battlecraft Plate ML4 AML4?) Armors with metal properties? Armors with augment slots?

    Would love to hear suggestions of what you guys find sells relatively well and are better AH'ed then brokered/deconstructed.
    Thelanis: Ikeren, Paladin 7. Dylas --- Cleric 21.

  2. #2
    Community Member Therigar's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Posts
    5,316

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by CE2JRH123 View Post
    I've been gone for a while and haven't done much with the AH now that I'm back. Just wondering what's worth putting up....
    Some of the standard things like search and disable gear still sells reasonably well.

    Collapsed portable holes seem to sell well.

    Augment gems seem to sell well -- although it is a bit of a mixed bag.

    Tomes still sell well.

    With weapons and armor I almost never try to sell on the AH any longer. Same for most jewelry and clothing. Just faster and easier to vendor most of it.

    Specialty weapons still sell well. Particularly right now, named weapons that bind on equip and have odd to-hit/to-damage stat modifiers (ie, DEX to hit/damage or INT to hit/damage) are doing well. Same with smiters, paralyzers, etc.

  3. #3
    Community Member AbyssalMage's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Posts
    2,478

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by CE2JRH123 View Post
    I've been gone for a while and haven't done much with the AH now that I'm back. Just wondering what's worth putting up:

    Accessories: Blank +stats above +3? Blank striders, false lifes, fortification, protection, natural armor? Anything else? Blanks with yellow slots?

    Weapons: Really need some help here: Dual damage mod weapons (Elemental/Holy of Puregood/Lacerating/useful bane)? Anything else? Any metal type blank? Any blank with red slots?

    Armors: Blank +numbers of tier with appropriate minimum level? (+5 Magecraft Breastplate ML8 AML10, +3 Battlecraft Plate ML4 AML4?) Armors with metal properties? Armors with augment slots?

    Would love to hear suggestions of what you guys find sells relatively well and are better AH'ed then brokered/deconstructed.
    It's not a question about what is worth putting up in the AH. The new question is "should I place it in the Auction House or Shard House(SH)?" Granted you need Astral Shards to place things in the SH but you can occasionally get them from chests and daily lottery.

    I can't really explain what should sell on the SH but usually the "top 5%" of stuff should be placed there (which upsets me on a whole different topic). Usually Best slot EE/EH items, "best" pre-/suffux- combinations for gear slot, and the pure stuff (+15 Gloves/Goggles, 30% Striding Rings/Boots, ect...). Then it's more of a question of price which I will let you solve, although I will give you the advice of not trying to sell a +4 tome for $400 dollars (AS conversion) when they cost a lot less when Turbine decides to sell 'em. I see +2/+3 Tomes for similar outrageous mark-ups in case anyone else is wondering.

    So what should go in the AH? Stuff that doesn't fit in the SH guidelines honestly. If your server supports selling things for 1K+ then sell the items and then take that money and buy Greater/Lesser essences. Chances of getting Greater essences on deconstruction is pretty abysmal on level 3 items or lower. The only thing that helps level 4 items and higher is the amount of Lesser essences you can gain.

    So:
    SH ---> AH ---> Deconstruction

    Figure out where the item belongs and place it there.

  4. #4
    Community Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Posts
    359

    Default

    Interesting info, but for example, I put up a whole bunch of loot gen weapons with damage prefix + damage suffix in the level 10-20 range; 5kpp base and 75kpp buyouts --- thinking maybe a bunch would get random small bids. The immediate buyout was +2 Anarchic Handwraps of Righteousness, for reasons that are unclear to me. Equally, the AH had a whole bunch of random alchemical weapons from 10-50kpp with no bids (simple onehanders), but when I put a greatclub up for 5kpp/100kpp it was bought out instantly, indicating that I perhaps could have got more? I didn't realize greatclubs were popular these days? Whatever happened to people only caring about Great axes + khopeshes?

    I don't have any Astral Shards --- easiest way to get some without spending TP, which I'll save as I earn for my remaining ~15 adventure packs?
    Thelanis: Ikeren, Paladin 7. Dylas --- Cleric 21.

  5. #5
    Community Member AbyssalMage's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Posts
    2,478

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by CE2JRH123 View Post
    Interesting info, but for example, I put up a whole bunch of loot gen weapons with damage prefix + damage suffix in the level 10-20 range; 5kpp base and 75kpp buyouts --- thinking maybe a bunch would get random small bids. The immediate buyout was +2 Anarchic Handwraps of Righteousness, for reasons that are unclear to me. Equally, the AH had a whole bunch of random alchemical weapons from 10-50kpp with no bids (simple onehanders), but when I put a greatclub up for 5kpp/100kpp it was bought out instantly, indicating that I perhaps could have got more? I didn't realize greatclubs were popular these days? Whatever happened to people only caring about Great axes + khopeshes?

    I don't have any Astral Shards --- easiest way to get some without spending TP, which I'll save as I earn for my remaining ~15 adventure packs?
    Best guess for Handwraps were so that it could be converted to a "Doggie" collar. Or they just didn't want to wait for the auction to end and had the Platinum to waist.

    Alchemical weapons need Cannith upgrading which are a set of adventures/raids that are as popular as Titan's. Well, will be as popular as people still solo the adventures. Basically its a whole lot of work for too little return on the weapons when you can do MotU and get superior weapons for half the work (and enjoy yourself).

    Greatclubs and Maul's get bought up "fast" because they are 2HB weapons for undead and 2HF > 2WF fighting in the current state of the game. Most of the min/max builds are using 2HF for a reason. On the servers I play on, both Maul's and Greatclubs are ridiculously overpriced and your experience confirms why, because some people are willing to pay the price.

    That, and platinum is too easy to come by, at least at the higher ends of the game. I'm still not there but every MMO seems to run into currency deflation problems and DDO is no different.

  6. #6
    Community Member Philibusta's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    'Murica!
    Posts
    1,005

    Default

    For every +2 Scimitar of Frost, or every +3 Acid Greatsword you junk to vendors, there's probably 10 players out there with a lower-level toon who'd love to own such an item.

    I put alot of stuff most "elite" players would consider garbage on the AH, like the items mentioned above. Usually i post em for a min bid of a little more than I would get for vending them, and buyouts usually range in the low 4-figures (1 to 5k).

    I'd say a good 95% of what I post, sells. So that's extra plat in my pocket, plus I know another player is happy with their new shiny that they got at a reasonable price.
    All that is wrong with DDO, life, taxes, poltics, religion, music, fast food, education, the criminal justice system, the weather, society, the universe, and previously-discontinued-but-now-on-their-way-back snack cakes, is all the fault of Wizards of the Coast. I know this because Fred told me so, and Mind Flayers are smart.

  7. #7
    Community Member AbyssalMage's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Posts
    2,478

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Philibusta View Post
    For every +2 Scimitar of Frost, or every +3 Acid Greatsword you junk to vendors, there's probably 10 players out there with a lower-level toon who'd love to own such an item.

    I put alot of stuff most "elite" players would consider garbage on the AH, like the items mentioned above. Usually i post em for a min bid of a little more than I would get for vending them, and buyouts usually range in the low 4-figures (1 to 5k).

    I'd say a good 95% of what I post, sells. So that's extra plat in my pocket, plus I know another player is happy with their new shiny that they got at a reasonable price.
    I actually do the same.

    Most of my auctions start at 500pp and buyouts range from 1k - 20k depending on the item. I try to make the auction available to all price ranges and I sell quite a few items at the min. bid price which I am just as happy to get. I would start bids lower but thanks to the 30% AH cut and posting fee's, I tend to have to keep my prices higher than I like because it would be more profitable to sell to vendors or deconstructing it.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

This form's session has expired. You need to reload the page.

Reload