Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Community Member

I take back my comment about shennigans but can't edit my post.

This box could definitely be viewed as nicer if the XP bonus stacking wasn't known by the person making the comment. That's what I believed happened here. The XP elixirs and lower price are definitely nicer.

I also see why Turbine made such a change. I would appreciate an official comment from Turbine that the old Otto's boxes won't be nerfed because the xp stacking was known for a long time and some of us (me) made the Ottos box purchase after the issue was discussed on the forum for months so it appeared to be WAI the last time they were sold.

Anyhow I am picking up a few of these boxes. I would just like to know my other boxes won't be nerfed because I am saving those for epic TR. Otherwise I'll just use up those boxes before they are nerfed.

Thank you for the great job you do QuartermasterX.

The Hatchery
    2014 DDO Players Council

Quote Originally Posted by QuartermasterX View Post
    Agreed... we will have something even nicer than Otto's Box this time around!
    New Experience Stone is SELF USE ONLY (this is a change from the previous versions of this stone and not mentioned anywhere in the DDO Store or on the Bigby's Handy Box description before it is opened). My friend bought one, handed it to me to open and keep the red cubelet pet and use the stone on him (same thing we did with the Otto's Box) and it is now not possible.

He is putting in a ticket for a DDO Store refund right now.

Please update the item description and the DDO store description to warn of this new restriction.

I'll bug report it too (if I can get through the new painful bug reporting tool).

Not happy.
    Author of Info Blue UI Skin (Really wish Turbine would update the skinning interface and enable all the new UI parts.)
    If you don't have an SSD, you should be using DDOPreload (fixes the slow first login issue)

Quote Originally Posted by Backley View Post
    New Experience Stone is SELF USE ONLY (this is a change from the previous versions of this stone and not mentioned anywhere in the DDO Store or on the Bigby's Handy Box description before it is opened). My friend bought one, handed it to me to open and keep the red cubelet pet and use the stone on him (same thing we did with the Otto's Box) and it is now not possible.

He is putting in a ticket for a DDO Store refund right now.

Please update the item description and the DDO store description to warn of this new restriction.

I'll bug report it too (if I can get through the new painful bug reporting tool).

Not happy.
    Quote Originally Posted by DDO Store Description
    Bigby's Handy Box
    An awesome bundle that contains the following: • 1 Stone of Experience (Level 15)
    • 3 Sovereign I Experience Elixirs
    • 3 Siberys Spirit Cakes
    • Your choice of either a Red Gelatinous Cube Creature Companion, 100 Gold Seal Elixirs of Superior Healing, or 25 Superior SP Potions.

The Stone of Experience allows level 7 or higher characters to immediately level up to level 15!

Before it's opened, this item is freely tradable to other characters. Once opened, the items received are bound to account.
    At first I thought this was adequet to let someone know that it could not be used on others.

However, I then recalled that I bought a BTA Loot Boost x10 item and grouped with another player and cast them on him. So I definately see where you are coming from. Pretty confusing to be sure.

Founder

Otto's Irresistible Box
    1 Stone of Experience
    5 Superior Experience Elixirs
    5 Major Slayer Count Boosts
    5 Huge Jewels of Fortune
    5 Siberys Spirit Cakes
    3 Greater Siberys Spirit Cakes
    A choice of either 65 Astral Shards or a Cyan Gelatinous Cube Creature Companion.

Bigby's Handy Box
    1 Stone of Experience
    3 Sovereign I XP Elixirs
    3 Siberys Spirit Cakes
    a choice of cube pet; 100 Gold Seal Elixirs of Superior Healing; 25 Superior SP Pots

XP Stone goes to 1 less actual level and doesn't stack with other XP effects I can't see how this could be construed to be "better".

XP Elixirs: 50% > 30% but the 30% are for 6hrs (>3hrs) and there are 5 of them (>3ct). Seems hard to say that the 3 Sovereign I are actually better.

5 Major Slayer Count Boosts > no slayer count boosts
    5 Huge Jewels of Fortune > no Jewels
    5 Siberys Spirit Cakes > 3 cakes
    3 Greater Siberys Spirit Cakes > no Greater cakes
    A choice of either 65 Astral Shards or a Cyan Gelatinous Cube Creature Companion: 65AS > 100 Gold Seal Elixirs of Superior Healing or 25 Superior SP Pots but that's my opinion.

The only thing about the Bigby's box that you could possibly construe to be better is the cost. But lower cost for VASTLY lower content...

QuartermasterX, now that we have seen the content of the Bigby's Box I assume that you don't ACTUALLY think that it's better than Otto's. I assume that at the time of this post you must have been misinformed by someone about the Bigby's Box. If I were you I would talk to that person about how I was not going to communicate with the DDO community about upcoming sales if I was going to be misinformed like this...

The Hatchery
    2014 DDO Players Council

Quote Originally Posted by Fedora1 View Post
    At first I thought this was adequet to let someone know that it could not be used on others.

However, I then recalled that I bought a BTA Loot Boost x10 item and grouped with another player and cast them on him. So I definately see where you are coming from. Pretty confusing to be sure.
    And I have been informed that the DDO Store description for Bigby's Handy Box now states: "Before it's opened, this item is freely tradable to other characters. Once opened, the items received are bound to account. The stone of experience cannot be used on other players." (the bold section is the added text).

Glad it was updated, but quoting the new description to close a support ticket created before the description was changed is not cool. ):

If anyone needs screenshots showing the old version of the description:
    http://img832.imageshack.us/img832/2660/0fe2.jpg
    http://img534.imageshack.us/img534/5036/kdzy.jpg
    Author of Info Blue UI Skin (Really wish Turbine would update the skinning interface and enable all the new UI parts.)
    If you don't have an SSD, you should be using DDOPreload (fixes the slow first login issue)

Brand / Commerce Team QuartermasterX's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by unacceptable View Post
    This box could definitely be viewed as nicer if the XP bonus stacking wasn't known by the person making the comment. That's what I believed happened here. The XP elixirs and lower price are definitely nicer.
    Unfortunately this was the case. At the time of my post the design for Bigby's Box was different. I apologize for the confusion everyone. Keep in mind we are constantly reading for feedback and reevaluating our offerings.

Quote Originally Posted by unacceptable View Post
    I would just like to know my other boxes won't be nerfed because I am saving those for epic TR. Otherwise I'll just use up those boxes before they are nerfed.
    Yes, we are not making any changes to Otto's Boxes that have been previously bought.

Hero

Yes, we are not making any changes to Otto's Boxes that have been previously bought.
    So, as I know many people are going to wonder: is this your way of of saying that in the future any "Otto's" or any other "TBD - stringtableerror" box will not have the additional benefit of stacking XP?

So the one's I've acquired will go up in value?

Let the price-gauging begin! Muhahahahahahahahahahahahahaha!

Community Member

Thank you for the response QuartermasterX

Community Member

Unfortunately this was the case. At the time of my post the design for Bigby's Box was different. I apologize for the confusion everyone. Keep in mind we are constantly reading for feedback and reevaluating our offerings.

Thats only half an answer. What about future sales of Ottos boxes? Will those remain the same or be changed to the significantly lesser effect of no xp stacking?

Unfortunately this was the case. At the time of my post the design for Bigby's Box was different. I apologize for the confusion everyone.
    Thanks for the response, it makes more sense now. I was pretty disappointed in the Bigby's Box and really hoped you didn't think it was somehow better.

So, for some feedback, I know someone on your team is all about level 15 being the new 1, but until you guys actually give us more level 15-19 content, dropping people off at level 15 is pretty rough.

It least at 16 with bonuses, a stoned toon was almost ready to TR without a lot of extra grinding, or start working on some Epic XP. At a flat 15 with no bonuses, I wouldn't buy one. 7-15 flies by in no time, 15-20 drag. IMHO.
    A PUG is like a box of chocolates
    Get people to read your post.

Ok here is some "feedback".

I bought a few Boxes to reduce the grind from 16-20. To do this I also bought a XP shrine for the guild ship & a few Sovereign XP pots. This brought in money to the store, through multiple purchases.

The new Bibby's box did not give my this benefit, therefore I purchased ZERO bringing in ZERO cash.

Sell something that reduces that grind and I would spend money like i did on the Otto's box, even though I only used a couple things in the package and had to buy additional items.

I would think with all the bugs in this game the devs would have something to work on other than "fixing" a product that not only sold, but then sold additional products from the store. Just saying.

Thanks for your up front response. I am sure it sucks to be made look bad publicly through no fault of your own.

^This^ Was posted on 7/1, and the box came what... 2 days later?
    Unfortunately this was the case. At the time of my post the design for Bigby's Box was different.
    Makes me really curious 1)What was the original package supposed to include, and 2)Why was it changed on such short notice?
    Now excuse me while I wander off to arm myself with Grilled Cheese Sandwiches and hunker down behind my Armored Beer Refrigerator, while I have the UFO's take control of the Congresional Wives with the help of the International Cocaine Smugglers and the Evil Geniuses for a Better Tomorrow

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by gaffneyks View Post
    XP shrine for the guild ship & a few Sovereign XP pots.
    Quote Originally Posted by gaffneyks View Post
    Sell something that reduces that grind and I would spend money
    Um, XP shrines and pots DO reduce the grind from 16-20. They just don't reduce it to zero, like you apparently want.

I never got the impression the stacking you got from Ottos stones was ever intentional. And, really, the sense of entitlement from people that are getting so upset about it being "fixed" just reeks of P2W.

Quote Originally Posted by droid327 View Post
    Um, XP shrines Andrew pots DO reduce the grind from 16-20. They just don't reduce it to zero, like you apparently want.

I never got the impression the stacking you got from Ottos stones was ever intentional. And, really, the sense of entitlement from people that are getting so upset about it being "fixed" just reeks of P2W.
    I am so sick of morons & their "pay to win" comments.
    There is no winning in this game. This is not a pvp game.

There is only pay to reduce grind & some of us who have ground
    Out the same **** over and over have no problem paying.

Also the xp pots & shrines do not reduce it to zero. But don't let
    Facts get in your way as you mindlessly complain about p2w.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12