Hybrid View

Community Member

Default my melee favored soul build

So I am starting this build now with the plan to use this as my main and TR toon and was curious as to what everyone thought.

Warforged 18 favored soul 1 barb 1 fighter

Str 18
    Dex 8
    Con 16
    Int 12
    Wis 6
    Cha 12

Feats: power attack, cleave, empower healing, great cleave, quicken, toughness, IC: slashing, maximize.

Skills in order of importance: concentration, UMD, balance 1 in tumble at the start

Any advice is welcome

Quote Originally Posted by Shade2891 View Post
    was curious as to what everyone thought.
    looks like a solid build

I'd go 2 ftr instead, more feats mostly, but barb rage also prevent from casting spells.
    Maybe drop Int by two and pump con to 18 too ? If you have an Int tome you'll be good on skills points.
    Look Solid otherwise, GL.

Hoss~
    Hossa / Darree ~Khyber~ Doom Legion (Level 75)
    Proud Host of the DDO Hunger Games Along with Fawngate.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jendrak
    Somebody should definitely explain to Turbine that when they roll up a new GM that INT is not dump stat.

Community Member

The barb level nets me 2 things over another level of fighter
    10% run speed/sprint boost - just call me ricky bobby cause I like to go fast!
    And 1 more point to power attack.

And yes I would agree with the con statement and that was my original plan but I decided to start on a mew server and thus had no tomes to start with. As I plan to TR this toon anyway I planned to farm some tomes out before then and change some things with the build if needed. I am planning to gobfor completionist with 3 lives in every class so I'll have a few runs with each class to fine tune.
    Last edited by Shade2891; 06-28-2013 at 01:52 AM.

And yes I would agree with the con statement and that was my original plan but I decided to start on a mew server and thus had no tomes to start with. As I plan to TR this toon anyway I planned to farm some tomes out before then and change some things with the build if needed. I am planning to gobfor completionist with 3 lives in every class so I'll have a few runs with each class to fine tune.
    GL with the project!

Edit: You might want to get the barb lifes out of the way while it's only 1.9 mil exp.
    Hossa / Darree ~Khyber~ Doom Legion (Level 75)
    Proud Host of the DDO Hunger Games Along with Fawngate.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jendrak
    Somebody should definitely explain to Turbine that when they roll up a new GM that INT is not dump stat.

Build Constructionist unbongwah's Avatar

WF FvS have fallen out of favor since the glory days of Soul Survivor; the heal amp penalty is, well, a killer. Otherwise, your build seems fine, given your stated goals / preferences.

If it is just for Sprint Boost then take 1 Rgr isntead of a Barbarian. More skill points, slightly less hp. The rage might be ignored, use pots instead. The disadvantage of losing all spellcasting abilities as a melee FvS makes the whole concept of melee FvS obsolete.
    Characters on Orien:
    Wanzer/ Klingtanz/ Incanta Superior/ Mercantus

Community Member

I also get 10% static run speed, situational rages, and 1 point of power attack over a ranger level.

Also plan to use rage pots as well, and since rage and rage pots stack I can get more bang for my buck.