Default Enhancements, while you're at it...

While you're doing the revamp for enhancements, would it be too much to ask for a HEALING oriented tree for druids? We have melee, offensive casting, but no healing tree based on your proposal for the new enhancements.

Quote Originally Posted by RyonsAlt View Post
    While you're doing the revamp for enhancements, would it be too much to ask for a HEALING oriented tree for druids? We have melee, offensive casting, but no healing tree based on your proposal for the new enhancements.
    Probably not a big deal, as they could very simply take the easy route and copy one of the trash cleric trees, like they did with favored soul. Not that I would support that, it just wouldn't be hard.

Quote Originally Posted by ZeebaNeighba View Post
    Probably not a big deal, as they could very simply take the easy route and copy one of the trash cleric trees, like they did with favored soul. Not that I would support that, it just wouldn't be hard.
    I wouldn't be too opposed to that as long as they were to replace it with a more tailored tree for druids later on, as in a player's definition of Soon. Not their definition of Soon.

Only if clerics and FvS get decent offensive casting and melee trees

Quote Originally Posted by Gkar View Post
    Only if clerics and FvS get decent offensive casting and melee trees
    Looking through the proposed enhancements Favored Souls have some offensive casting (AoV), and I feel that they should have a melee tree for a 3rd tree. Preferably one that encourages the use of their deity's weapon. An example would be if a follower of the Lord of Blades FvS were using his greatsword and critically hit an enemy they'd have a LoB themed curse applied to them, like a Curse of Dull Blades decreasing damage and to-hit. A FvS of the Silver Flame could ignite evil outsiders with the silver flame causing damage and leaving them vulnerable to banishment or something.

My fear for that is that the melee tree would be exactly the same for both FvS and Clr.

Looking back to Druids now I see something offensively casting based and melee based. I am personally not interested in either, I look at them both and I'm slightly afraid for what may happen to my druid.

Euro-Founder and Keeper Refugee Dexraven's Avatar

Preferably one that encourages the use of their deity's weapon. An example would be if a follower of the Lord of Blades FvS were using his greatsword and critically hit an enemy they'd have a LoB themed curse applied to them, like a Curse of Dull Blades decreasing damage and to-hit. A FvS of the Silver Flame could ignite evil outsiders with the silver flame causing damage and leaving them vulnerable to banishment or something.
    Somthing like this?:

https://www.ddo.com/forums/showthrea...=1#post3716387

Eladrin

Favored Soul Divine Avenger I (Sovereign Host)
    Prereqs: Level 6 Favored Soul, Favored by the Sovereign Host, Favored Soul Attack Boost II, Favored Soul Charisma I, and any of the following: Power Attack or Two Weapon Fighting.
    Cost: 4 AP
    Benefit: Everything the gods need to say to your enemies can be said with your weapon. When wielding a longsword in your right hand you are treated as if you have a fighter’s base attack bonus. You also gain the ability to swear an oath of enmity against a foe, vowing to destroy them in the name of your deity.
    Oath of Enmity
    Benefit: You mark an opponent as your chosen foe with a righteous smite. This attack gains twice your Charisma modifier to your attack roll and a damage bonus based on your Favored Soul level. Whether or not the attack hits, for the next five minutes, each time you critically hit your chosen enemy <SOMETHING AWESOME HAPPENS - oath mechanics are still very much in development, and this is just a hint> for a short period of time. (This bonus stacks up to ten times.) Your Oath of Enmity recharges after five minutes, or upon the death of your chosen foe.

Repeat for other deities, replacing "favored by" as appropriate.

Lord of Blades accepts any of the following: Improved Fortification, Power Attack, or Two Handed Fighting.

Silver Flame accepts any of the following: Point Blank Shot, Weapon Focus: Ranged, or Zen Archery, and instead of a melee smite as their Oath, gets a ranged attack, and their Oath mechanic was a little bit different (and wasn't working properly at all ).

Quote Originally Posted by Dexraven View Post
    I had completely forgotten about that post.
    With that post being over 2 years old and not seeing another hint at something like that causes it to fade.
    I hope they follow through with that, probably for the best we don't get hopes up though.

I'm just gonna say this again since people keep bringing up the cleric/fvs trees...

The enhancement overhaul is still in ALPHA.

Alpha testing is what developers use to try out specific things, ussually a few things at a time looking for specific feedback, like "how does the cleric HEALING tree perform? Let's get that properly tested, while we work on some of the other trees"

Instead of proper feedback on that particular tree it seems they've been getting mostly DooOOOoOOooom, wich in an alpha test is about as useful as an ******* on the elbow. I can only hope that they're atleast getting some proper ingame feedback...

TLR Alpha testing isn't the same live
    -The mash on Argo
    In Soviet Russia Shroud trust in YOU!