Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Community Member

The reason people are seeing less spell crits is because lore items have change

Quote Originally Posted by Wizza View Post
    I know that the Lore items on my Sorc are not working at all. Less criticals, less critical damage. Tested after U18p2.
    Well, I've not had time to test on an arcane as I'm currently busy working on my FVS, but arcane lore at least works for the FVS. Not sure if the damage value is correct, but it's definitely a crit.

Equipping Skiver:

Crit:
    Proud officer of Spellbinders: http://spellbinders.shivtr.com/
    Lyrandar(EU)->Devourer(EU)->Cannith

Quote Originally Posted by Jeromio View Post
    Well, I've not had time to test on an arcane as I'm currently busy working on my FVS, but arcane lore at least works for the FVS. Not sure if the damage value is correct, but it's definitely a crit.
    Never said we don't crit at all. But we crit a lot less because the Lore items are not granting the crit bonus they are supposed to give.

Also, in those screen, I see you doing 350~ damage with blade barrier and the crit is only 700.

And look at the previous screens made by Cleanincubus. It sums pretty nice what's happening.
    Quote Originally Posted by Rys View Post
    Severlin and Severlin Online. PLAY FOR FREE* NOW!

*maybe
    Farwil, Chaos Gamblers - Argonessen.

Quote Originally Posted by Wizza View Post
    Also, in those screen, I see you doing 350~ damage with blade barrier and the crit is only 700.
    Those numbers indicate that the crit is doing more damage than expected. Assuming a base damage of ~400 on that hit, the number is accurate.

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by Cleanincubus View Post

I'm getting no critical hit with my Radiant Servant Positive Energy Aura. The Aura in general seems to be healing less, than it did before U18. 24HP at a level 19 is useless. The Empower Healing Spell metamagic is clearly not working as it should.
    I'm seeing the same results on my character, static healing and no criticals.

Community Member

Default So are spell crits and lore items working?

I did a fast arty life on my caster then tr back to sorc and man o man by lvl 10 I could tell something was not the way it should be with the spell crit enhancments. Did all the same test that u guys did and its clearly not working on an air savant. i can only crit with lore item 9% at lvl 15. I think the critical damage line is broke as well my crits are horrible. And me being a caster type, well lets just say it makes me not want to play it till its fixed.
    Last edited by Ultameaca; 07-01-2013 at 10:00 PM.

Community Member

Default Same

Quote Originally Posted by Ultameaca View Post
    I did a fast arty life on my caster then tr back to sorc and man o man bye lvl 10 I could tell something was not the way it should be with the spell crit enhancments. Did all the same test that u guys did and its clearly not working on an air savant. i can only crit with lore item 9% at lvl 15. I think the critical damage line is broke as well my crits are horrible. And me being a caster type, well lets just say it makes me not want to play it till its fixed.
    i ran a test for 3 whole cycles of radiant servant and i have the 3% crit chance enhancement going. out of 100 ticks or more i counted 0 crits. either i was critting on myself the entire time (broken) or not critting at all (still broken). with a 3% crit chance there should have ben at least 1 if not 3 crits out of 100 ticks. that is broken if you ask me.

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by Grahn View Post
    i ran a test for 3 whole cycles of radiant servant and i have the 3% crit chance enhancement going. out of 100 ticks or more i counted 0 crits. either i was critting on myself the entire time (broken) or not critting at all (still broken). with a 3% crit chance there should have ben at least 1 if not 3 crits out of 100 ticks. that is broken if you ask me.
    With just 3% crit, there's still about 5% change of getting a 100-run with no crits. So, I verified this with my sorc and 9% crit. Removed the lore items and started wailing on kobolds. 100 kills, 0 crits. The odds of that happening are miniscule, less than 1 in 10000.

So still, crit enhancements do nothing. The sorcerer just moved to the top of my list of chars-to-tr-next. Ridiculous mob saves, broken wail/implosion, broken crits. Somebody must really really really hate casters.

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by DDOForumAccount View Post
    With just 3% crit, there's still about 5% change of getting a 100-run with no crits. So, I verified this with my sorc and 9% crit. Removed the lore items and started wailing on kobolds. 100 kills, 0 crits. The odds of that happening are miniscule, less than 1 in 10000.

So still, crit enhancements do nothing. The sorcerer just moved to the top of my list of chars-to-tr-next. Ridiculous mob saves, broken wail/implosion, broken crits. Somebody must really really really hate casters.
    It's all statistics, but i am sure there are other factors that come into play. we have all seen the dice roll stick on a certain number and before you know it you rolling eights "5's" in a row statistically i believe is 1 out of 20X20X20X20X20X20X20X20 = 1:2,560,000,000,000

that is, if my statistic memory serves me correct. and i have seen it happen on my toon a few times where i am rolling the same number 3, 4, 5, in a row even. i am not say it cant happen, i am just saying its a pretty slim chance.

also, it is just one sever? multiple servers? certain classes and enhancement combos? i am sure there is a lot of consider.

things are fine enough and characters are way overpowered as it is. CR means nothing, and so on and so forth. the thing is this. if it is suppose to work one way, then make it work that way. if it doesnt, then try your best to fix it (which i believe people are). if you are going to take it out of the game then be up front about it. no need for sneaky tactics. i like all the feedback from both ends. it makes us all better players in the end.

G.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12