Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default So are spell crits and lore items working?

some people say the enhancements are working and items are not...

but for divine spells nothing is working...

others say everything is WAI....

It's all confusing and hard to following the 20 different threads about the issue. Can someone please fill me in about what's working with spell crits? (after 18.2)

Thanks!
    Dorian

To the best of our knowledge at this time, on live with 18.2 right now, Lore items and Spell Critical enhancements are functioning as intended, which is the same as U17 or U16, etc.

However, there remain some text bugs with some divine enhancements, such as Cleric Prayer of Smiting. They say 1, 2, 3% but according to the data and our testing give 3, 6, 9%.

Quote Originally Posted by Vargouille View Post
    To the best of our knowledge at this time, on live with 18.2 right now, Lore items and Spell Critical enhancements are functioning as intended, which is the same as U17 or U16, etc.

However, there remain some text bugs with some divine enhancements, such as Cleric Prayer of Smiting. They say 1, 2, 3% but according to the data and our testing give 3, 6, 9%.

Other posts on the forums indicate your knowledge is wrong.

Shocking, I know.

Community Member Ironclans_evil_twin's Avatar

Hey Varg what is the lore affix going to be after the sweeping pass changes (please someone's got to know, I have two characters I kinda parked not knowing). This seems like one of those "easy to communicate" things that wont be and everyone will birth a cow when their awesome lore items get the uber weaksauce shattermantle affix instead...

my 2 cents less spell criticals = less fun too many things are less fun in the pass.

Thanks for the reply.
    Dorian

Thanks for the reply. Out of curiosity, was that tested on any sort of actual live server? Or was this another test like wail? (Tested in some special server using code that has very little or no relation to the actual live game.)
    <-Curelite Bottling Company->

Quote Originally Posted by Chilldude
    Dude, did you see they way that guy just pressed button 1? It was amazing! A display of skill unseen since the 1984 World Games where in the men's room, between events, a man washed his hands with such unbridled majesty that people were claiming the faucet he used was OP.

Might I point out that our weapons disappear upon casting.

My shield AC goes down immediately.

What happened to lore at this time?

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by Silverleafeon View Post

weapon disappearing is only visual. not sure about your shield AC, maybe you swapped something out but it doesnt happen on any of my toons, weapons disappear upon spellcast and such does just no change (I still get all the bonues of having them)

Community Member

Default They have no idea

Devs have no idea wether stuff works on live, thats not a nice thing to say but it has been proven over and over again. I just saw the "the" loadscreen, they said the fixed that. If someone cant change text in a loadscreen reliably can you really expect anything requiring calculation to work as intended?

They need live testing, period. Before mass release.

Community Member

they are not worcking correctly have killed 1k mobs now with bb only and havnt critted once with full artie crit enhancments and greater arcane lore

Community Member HungarianRhapsody's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by 01000010 View Post
    Devs have no idea wether stuff works on live, thats not a nice thing to say but it has been proven over and over again. I just saw the "the" loadscreen, they said the fixed that. If someone cant change text in a loadscreen reliably can you really expect anything requiring calculation to work as intended?

They need live testing, period. Before mass release.

I'd even be happy with testing after a mass release.

Turbine chooses to not have a test environment that mirrors the live environment. Because they make that choice as a corporate policy, they need to at least choose to do some amount of testing on the live servers just so that they know what is/isn't working for real and then they can make decisions on what to do about those issues.
    No one in the world ever gets what they want
    And that is beautiful
    Everybody dies frustrated and sad
    And that is beautiful

This is absolutely false. Lore items are NOT working, at all. They are not granting the Spell critical chance nor the Spell critical damage. Also, there are no patch notes about Lore items, only about the enhancements.

Good work lol. Dozens of reports, dozens of threads, hundreds of complaints and Devs think it is fixed. It is NOT.
    Quote Originally Posted by Rys View Post
    Severlin and Severlin Online. PLAY FOR FREE* NOW!

*maybe
    Farwil, Chaos Gamblers - Argonessen.

Quote Originally Posted by Violith View Post
    weapon disappearing is only visual. not sure about your shield AC, maybe you swapped something out but it doesnt happen on any of my toons, weapons disappear upon spellcast and such does just no change (I still get all the bonues of having them)
    Either it was a wacky occurrence or an AC buff dropped at the same moment I checked first time.
    Not able to duplicate.

Scholar Of Adventure & Hero Missing_Minds's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Silverleafeon View Post

But as yet, bard songs are still played with weapons present. Nothing like sawing through your loot then losing your weapon.

Quote Originally Posted by Wizza View Post
    This is absolutely false. Lore items are NOT working, at all. They are not granting the Spell critical chance nor the Spell critical damage. Also, there are no patch notes about Lore items, only about the enhancements.

Good work lol. Dozens of reports, dozens of threads, hundreds of complaints and Devs think it is fixed. It is NOT.
    Must be an arty thing then. My FVS's blade barriers crits just fine, at least it worked nicely earlier today. I'm using Skiver for crits.
    Proud officer of Spellbinders: http://spellbinders.shivtr.com/
    Lyrandar(EU)->Devourer(EU)->Cannith

Quote Originally Posted by Jeromio View Post
    Must be an arty thing then. My FVS's blade barriers crits just fine, at least it worked nicely earlier today. I'm using Skiver for crits.
    I know that the Lore items on my Sorc are not working at all. Less criticals, less critical damage. Tested after U18p2.
    Quote Originally Posted by Rys View Post
    Severlin and Severlin Online. PLAY FOR FREE* NOW!

*maybe
    Farwil, Chaos Gamblers - Argonessen.

Community Member

On my sorc, I'm seeing what most others in this thread are seeing. Items yes, enhancements no. A savant 3 should see some crits without a lore item. Nada. Not one crit in extensive testing without a lore item. When I add a lore item to the mix, I see crits with frequency in line with just the lore item. Also tested on other elements with same results.

I'm getting no critical hit with my Radiant Servant Positive Energy Aura. The Aura in general seems to be healing less, than it did before U18. 24HP at a level 19 is useless. The Empower Healing Spell metamagic is clearly not working as it should.

Strangely, as I watched my Combat log, there were 2-3 pauses where I gained no healing. The animation continued (minus the +##hp), and the counter continued to count down, but it produced nothing. Perhaps those pauses are where it should be doing a critical heal? Unfortunately I don't have 648 or more HP to test whether I'm actually getting healed at those pauses, and it's simply a combat log & animation bug.

Community Member

Thank you for the official comment. As I posted here: https://www.ddo.com/forums/showthrea...ly-not-WAD-yet character ehancements for spell critical frequnecy are at this time almost certainly not doing anything.

Tested using a lvl 25 Warforged sorcerer casting Magic Missile and Force Missile several hundred times without scoring a single critical hit despite Charged Spellcasting VI. Equipping Twilight resulted in critical hits occuring at a frequnecy fairly well matching the 9% stated in item description. Similair results in smaller samples with lightning and fire based spells. I tried the same thing today after resetting my enhancments and the result was still the same.

Also I would like to add again that I think this issue warants a hotfix.

Also, there are no patch notes about Lore items, only about the enhancements.
    Yes, our fault for not putting that into patch notes. Sorry.

The fix was to the spell critical system, which happened to make Lore items work again.

Quote Originally Posted by Jeromio View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Wizza View Post
    Lore items are NOT working, at all. They are not granting the Spell critical chance nor the Spell critical damage.
    Quote Originally Posted by Xyy View Post
    When I add a lore item to the mix, I see crits with frequency in line with just the lore item. Also tested on other elements with same results.
    It's clear from these and other reports that in some cases players are seeing enhancements work, and in some cases they are seeing items work.

This is a group effort (here at Turbine). We want to communicate what we're seeing, which is sometimes conflicting reports and a complicated issue. When your personal experience isn't the same as other players or ours we ask for more specific reports to try to figure out why one situation looks different than another. Thank you to those who have submitted detailed reports, we continue to look into them. It is of course possible for some enhancements or items to work when others don't.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast