Community Member Ironclans_evil_twin's Avatar

Default Thanks for getting rid of the Amusment park sign posts

recently there haven't been a lot of positives, but this unanounced change cleans up the landscape and lowers the amusment park atmosphere significantly.

Also I have no idea when you put him in but Hallor Calloway (delera's)... make more NPC's like him... explain the intricacies of the game in a way that is both informative and still fits into an RPG. Atmosphere + new player info is a win/win for everyone. Sprinkle 30 or 40 of these tip givers through Korthos and Harbor, marketplace and houses and get less basic and more advanced as you go.

Then naturally make a collection mini quest like Monster manuals or explorer poi's call it the "journal of wisdom". make it searchable and cross reference/link the MM
    Last edited by Ironclans_evil_twin; 06-27-2013 at 01:47 PM. Reason: black on dark grey title fields strikes again

Quote Originally Posted by Ironclans_evil_twin View Post
    recently there haven't been a lot of positives, but this unanounced change cleans up the landscape and lowers the amusment park atmosphere significantly.

Also I have no idea when you put him in but Hallor Calloway (delera's)... make more NPC's like him... explain the intricacies of the game in a way that is both informative and still fits into an RPG. Atmosphere + new player info is a win/win for everyone. Sprinkle 30 or 40 of these tip givers through Korthos and Harbor, marketplace and houses and get less basic and more advanced as you go.

Then naturally make a collection mini quest like Monster manuals or explorer poi's call it the "journal of wisdom". make it searchable and cross reference/link the MM
    Thanks for pointing out such a huge positive change. I'm really surprised that Turbine doesn't use the release notes for things like this. I found the signs cluttery fluff at best and I can only imagine how annoying they must have been to new players that didn't know they were completely superfluous.

+1 to Turbine for removing the signs
    -1 to Turbine for not mentioning it at all
    +1 to Ironclan for pointing it out

I also agree that the point of the signs can be conveyed through the NPC's that nobody talks to. Give them some good beginner info and a purpose.
    Kaarloe - Degenerate Matter - Argonnessen

Back to the negative: I blame the black on dark grey title field color for my "part" instead of "park" typo

Community Member moomooprincess's Avatar

Default Yes, black on grey is not easy to differentiate for typos

I never noticed the signs were gone, since I never clicked on them.

But by golly, they are gone.

Around ten less graphics items that need to be drawn per public instance. Nice.
    Recipemaker Guild: Top Chef School of Recipes

Event Statistics: Risia, Festivult, Midwinter, Daily Dice, Mimic Hunt

Forum Turtle
    2014 DDO Players Council

I'm completely embarassed to admit I didn't notice the clunky things were gone etiher, and I fully fess up to grumbling about them more than once. As much as they annoyed me one would think I would notice. *slinks off in shame*
    Turtel, Turtley Wrath, Tortoisse, Waterssong, Victerr Creed, Utahraptor, Velocaraptor, Minddancer, Loggerhead, Matamata, Sulcata, Ticerratops, Sierrann, Hankx, Shartelhane

Member of Highlords of Malkier! Help channel, everyone welcome in this channel!

Community Member

Signs? There were signs?

The only sign I notice is the somewhat (:@) annoying Public Group notice that pops up in the middle of the screen and lingers way too long each time I enter a quest or start killing things in said quest.
    http://myaccount.turbine.com

Je ne suis pas
    DDO Alpha Tester

I take a B line to everywhere I go, often with FvS wings Monk Step, + House P time pendant as my favored mode of transportation... I literally run into them going from market bank to AH, then again from house J (scrolls and pots) to House C (my home base) or K then brush past them on the way to Eveningstar through the harbor... the worst where the ones between AH and Market Bank.

Glad they are gone, the game is a little less like an amusement park.

They are on Lammania so lets hope they dont sneak back into live servers.

Default Agreed

I too find a lot of negatives the past year or so.

However, I'll also agree this was one very nice unexpected pleasant surprise!

If only dev's would spend more time doing useful little stuff like this instead of "big" changes that few like and that cause tons of "new" bugs!
    Yehediah (Dwarf Cleric), Zeddek (Human Favored Soul)
    Mezros (Drow Bard), Fieris (Drow Wizard)
    Freibo (Halfling Rogue)