Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Community Member

Default Am I the only one having to log in twice?

Every time I log in to the game it crashes soon after I zone in citing a client error. It's annoying having to go through the log in windows, loading screams, and character selections twice every time I want to play.

In addition to that, the game is like a ghost town.

What is going on with Turbine?

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by DakDeFrosted View Post
    Every time I log in to the game it crashes soon after I zone in citing a client error. It's annoying having to go through the log in windows, loading screams, and character selections twice every time I want to play.

In addition to that, the game is like a ghost town.

What is going on with Turbine?
    One of my guildies has to put up with that every time he tries to log in lately. But once he gets in, it's smooth sailing.
    No one else in our guild has that issue though.

Default Yup.

[QUOTE=DakDeFrosted;5029720]Every time I log in to the game it crashes soon after I zone in citing a client error. It's annoying having to go through the log in windows, loading screams, and character selections twice every time I want to play.
    QUOTE]

I've been getting the exact same thing; I've even learned to close the page at the right time while in the loading screen. It might have something to do with the firewalls, but I haven't been able to find any fix as of yet.

Something that may be of note is that after the 18.2 patch, I got in on the first try.
    Because DDO content is created by hand, some issues cannot be fixed with a global change. We must fix these issues one-by-one by hand with the help of bug reports. This includes:
    Ladder issues: please include the /loc when reporting a ladder issue

Quote Originally Posted by LeoLionxxx View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by DakDeFrosted View Post
    I've been getting the exact same thing; I've even learned to close the page at the right time while in the loading screen. It might have something to do with the firewalls, but I haven't been able to find any fix as of yet.

Something that may be of note is that after the 18.2 patch, I got in on the first try.
    My wife has had that same issue. She is still getting it post 18.2, but seems to be more sporadic instead of guaranteed every time you log in.
    Magical Rings are well... magical. - Gandalf

Same thing (I think). The first time I try to log on after turning on the computer, I almost always get "lost connection" error. Then I restart the client, and all is well. Restarting the client again, even hours later, during same computer session is fine.
    "Beauty is in the eye of the beholder."

"Of course it is. Are YOU going to question beholder's artistic sense?"

Get the same thing. log in, broken connection, shut down, relog, everything is fine. Welcome to DDO I guess.
    "Some men see things as they are and say why - I dream things that never were and say why not." -- George Bernard Shaw

Community Member

Well...not very encouraging.

At least the log in counts will be good and inflated if a number of people have to log in twice every time they play.

best thingto try is log out in a bar,been goingon a vey longtie and tuurbnie des not care, but think itstarted 17 or so

wish i could see what im wriing, tthanks tuurdbine

Community Member

I have this issue sometimes on my laptop (but not on my desktop). If I log onto a mule first then switch toon I don't crash, but if I log onto a main toon that has TR'd several times I crash. It has something to do with how much the program needs to transfer from disk to memory.

Community Member

Yup, every time for me

I have to log in twice - every time.
    Also getting long transition screens between zones.

Community Member

Yes, my bf has to log in nearly every time twice. Before he reinstalled the game last week (and before patch 18.2) he couldn't log in at all, since it would get autobooted and his machine would hard lock. Reinstalling may be worth it, but I think 18.2 brought new bugs with it, since now both our clients can randomly stop responding (no broken connection symbol, just no response from server on one or both characters) as well as initial log-in not working. The initial login bug seems machine related (the above new bug isn't) - one has an ATI card (crash on login one).

Community Member

I'm having the same issue. In one of the support threads there was a suggestion to log in to the character select screen then use the exit button(if it crashes or you use Alt+F4 repeat). This writes some kind of user setting file that was not being read properly. Once you have exited using the exit button restart the client and log into a character. So far its been working fine for me, though if i exit the game and leave the client closed a few hours i have to repeat the process.

Community Member

Arrow Ditto

Quote Originally Posted by brian14 View Post
    Same thing (I think). The first time I try to log on after turning on the computer, I almost always get "lost connection" error. Then I restart the client, and all is well. Restarting the client again, even hours later, during same computer session is fine.
    Yes, same thing with me. Log in, choose world, character, wait, wait, wait, and then crash out to desktop with lost connection error. Logged in again, everything is fine from then on. This was all the time post 17 patch and pre 18.2 patch. Since post 18.2, it only happened once, so that's a good sign. That was an annoying phase.

Using the DDO Preloader helped in my case.

Something I am a little unsure of from the OP. What do you mean by a "Client Crash". It might be different from the "lost connection" issue people have been seeing since about U17.1.
    The problem is never how to get new, innovative thoughts into your mind, but how to get old ones out. Every mind is a building filled with archaic furniture. Clean out a corner of your mind and creativity will instantly fill it.
    Dee Hock

Community Member

I imagine it's the same issue that everyone else is having since I also crash on my first sign in and am fine on my second.

I'll be sure to log in shortly so that I can get the exact wording of the error message that follows the crash.

Community Member moomooprincess's Avatar

Default Others have the problem also

What OS are you running?

I am running Windows Vista Home Service Pack 2 and I don't have this problem.

But many others have posted about it. Don't worry though, there will be a cosmetic pet soon for you to have to take away the stress of dealing with it.
    Recipemaker Guild: Top Chef School of Recipes

Event Statistics: Risia, Festivult, Midwinter, Daily Dice, Mimic Hunt

Community Member

Default yup

Both i and my son have same problem, hes on a laptop, im on a high end machine, 2 different operating systems, vastly different hardware. Its a bug, get used to it, not going away id guess.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast