Community Member

Default Please do something about phantom LFMs?

They are extremely distracting and annoying when looking for a group. There's no way to block or remove them from the list. And they've been there for many months now.

Thanks.

Community Member

But without the phantom LFM's there will hardly be anything left on the LFM panel!

Those phantom groups give new players the impression that people are actually still pugging.

Default Agreed

Agreed.

If dev's would only spend time fixing annoyances like this instead of adding new massive changes that few like and that cause bugs like this!
    Yehediah (Dwarf Cleric), Zeddek (Human Favored Soul)
    Mezros (Drow Bard), Fieris (Drow Wizard)
    Freibo (Halfling Rogue)

Community Member

Default Guild ship

My preferred annoyance and distraction is the window after I've left the guild ship asking me where I want to go. I am just amazed this has not been fixed. I am more amazed that nobody seems to complain about it!

Quote Originally Posted by Qaliya View Post
    They are extremely distracting and annoying when looking for a group. There's no way to block or remove them from the list. And they've been there for many months now.

Thanks.
    RTFM on Khyber, Toy Soldiers.

Toy Soldiers PD Roll Builds Guild on Wayfinder.

Community Member

There's been a dead/ghost entry on the Sarlona LFM panel for what now seems to be 48 straight hours.

Apparently the extremely racist phantom LFM debacle of 2012 wasnt enough to make them fix the issue.
    Advocating repeated nerfs in the name of "balancing the game" then complaining about how DDO is moving away from D&D, is a direct contradiction in logic - D&D 3.5 (what DDO is based on) is not a balanced game. We can either have a balanced clone MMO with homogenized classes, or we can have a D&D game. We cant have both.

Quote Originally Posted by RTFM View Post
    My preferred annoyance and distraction is the window after I've left the guild ship asking me where I want to go. I am just amazed this has not been fixed. I am more amazed that nobody seems to complain about it!
    They actually did fix it once, but the fix for it caused another problem that was so severe they had to revert that fix out within the next day or so, and it hasn't been touched since.

How does the same code base that leaves the window open, also make equipped weapons disappear?
    No Char left behind; original join date, Oct 2010

Question

i always thought things like that where game features not bugs?

Quote Originally Posted by LeadHeros View Post
    How does the same code base that leaves the window open, also make equipped weapons disappear?
    It was even stated by someone from Turbine that modifications to the code to fix something can break things that are completely unreleated. So it's perfectly plausible that those 2 bugs share some of the same code
    Cannith: Hazrael--Nyal--Thalax

Default The bad news is that the dev's are out of ammo

There is no good news. =P

Community Member

/signed

I would like to ask the devs how works this thing (if they know)

1) what cause the dead persistant LFM is known?
    2) what REMOVE the dead LFM is known? (hopefully not you guys manually deleting it lol)

Community Member

/signed

And I move for turbine to implement regression testing (make sure new code doesn't break old code) before stuff is deployed to production.

But I don't think we should hold our breath.

And no one complains about the simple things anymore because we are too worried about the big things ( enhancement pass, and epic TR) ruining the game. When a lion is chasing you, it's not wise to pause to swat the mosquitos!

Quote Originally Posted by Njohrd View Post
    2) what REMOVE the dead LFM is known? (hopefully not you guys manually deleting it lol)
    As far as I'm aware they can't do anything to remove them short of rebooting the server.

The reason they eventually go away is because the person who put them up logs back in.

Please do something about phantom LFMs
    Yes, please can we have a fix for this.
    AUREON/ KEEPER 2006-2009 | CANNITH 2010 -
    Anaplian, Csimian, Tengram, Hackworth, Memenah, Helekye, Nabberfleish
    Brotherhood of the Wolf

/signed

Yes, please remove the phantom LFM's and fix this problem.

While they're at it, removing the message you receive in guild every time you get renown would be awesome as well. It makes communicating with other guildies while in a dungeon very annoying.
    Ryiah | Raeyah | Reikara
    Toy Soldiers

Quote Originally Posted by Ryiah View Post
    While they're at it, removing the message you receive in guild every time you get renown would be awesome as well. It makes communicating with other guildies while in a dungeon very annoying.
    That message should go under "Advancement" so you can filter it. That would be a simple fix for the devs that would make a big difference for players.

Quote Originally Posted by Njohrd View Post
    1) what cause the dead persistant LFM is known?
    Specifically:

1) The person who puts up the LFM logs out while the LFM is still up
    2) That character who put the LFM up in the first place logs back in

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by EllisDee37 View Post
    Specifically:

1) The person who puts up the LFM logs out while the LFM is still up
    2) That character who put the LFM up in the first place logs back in

so should be easy to fix ... adding the code they already had to the log out procedure.

LFG panel should be a priority...its one of the first things a new player watch while deciding to stay or leave the game.
    Turbine, imagine all this new guys clicking at dead Lfm...

Im a developer, and this little but significant thing that persists through patchs and update is a red alert... no time resource or incompetence. No good either way.

edit:
    probably its more complex... dead lfm remains up if the leader disconnect without using the standard logout procedure..ill test this
    Last edited by Njohrd; 07-23-2013 at 04:28 AM.