Thread: Curious New Bug

Community Member

Default Curious New Bug

Just had a double chest in epic elite ADQ (monkey chest), one was on top of the other, was open and could be selected but unusable. Got a screenshot, trying to figure out how to post it, anyone else noticed this in other places?

Community Member

A minor bug that doesn't effect gameplay or balance?

Don't worry, 5 developers will be working on this by tomorrow and it will get its own hotfix.

Scholar Of Adventure & Hero Missing_Minds's Avatar

I've had such happen only once before. about... two months ago?

High road, the salamander. Oddly, there were two of him. But equally nice there were 2x2 chests, nicely stacked. We were able to open all 4.

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by Sqrlmonger View Post
    A minor bug that doesn't effect gameplay or balance?

Don't worry, 5 developers will be working on this by tomorrow and it will get its own hotfix.
    It is very minor and doesn't require hotfix really, no need to be sarcastic, I just thought it's curious.

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by Missing_Minds View Post
    I've had such happen only once before. about... two months ago?

High road, the salamander. Oddly, there were two of him. But equally nice there were 2x2 chests, nicely stacked. We were able to open all 4.
    This one was different and the second chest was already open (or it appeared so), I could select it with Q-key but not use with E. Would be nice If I had extra chest with my loot jewel going

I've had this before and was able to replicate it. When you open the chest leave the loot window open after you've looted, reopen the empty chest if you need to. Then with that empty loot window open, recall and then reenter the reset quest and loot the chest again. It may or may not work for you, but that's how I was able to see it again. There is no real benefit to this other than to see an empty chest under your fresh chest.
    Kaarloe - Degenerate Matter - Argonnessen

Hero
    2015 DDO Players Council

Quote Originally Posted by redspecter23 View Post
    I've had this before and was able to replicate it. When you open the chest leave the loot window open after you've looted, reopen the empty chest if you need to. Then with that empty loot window open, recall and then reenter the reset quest and loot the chest again. It may or may not work for you, but that's how I was able to see it again. There is no real benefit to this other than to see an empty chest under your fresh chest.
    Did you see what happens if you leave something in the chest? I'd be curious if it was still empty or if there was another effect.

Quote Originally Posted by Gempoult View Post
    Just had a double chest in epic elite ADQ (monkey chest), one was on top of the other, was open and could be selected but unusable. Got a screenshot, trying to figure out how to post it, anyone else noticed this in other places?
    I've had this happen recently in Snitch while farming, and I remember it happened also a while ago maybe 2 years back.